Re: Weekly Event - RandoOPS

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

Weekly Event - RandoOPS

★★★★ Guide

OPS is a great mode but I have two problems with this event:

1. It's the perfect example why weekly events needs to be reworked, we need fresh new events! It's without any idea, creativity, work and they are repetitive.

2. What is even the point of randoops when everyone just respawns couple of times before the game starts and choose the character they want..?

Message 1 of 11 (656 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@malfinman Yea, it’s not a good mode, but tbh, it’s not like it’s unenjoyable or anything like that. It’s kinda lazy, but the gw2 mystery portal events with random characters at least had a few modifiers to make different.
Message 2 of 11 (637 Views)

★ Pro
For a lazy concept, they could've done more.
1. Like @malfinman said, there's no point of calling it "Rando Ops" if there's an exploit at the beginning of the match. They really couldn't have found a workaround this?
2. They could've made it so it also randomly chooses character presets as well (e.g. you get Chomper but it's the one optimized for Ops).
3. They also could've have it where getting revived still forced a change in characters? Or have slower health regeneration? These things can help make this a unique gimmick that stands out from the rest. Don't even bother calling it an event.
Message 3 of 11 (597 Views)

★★★ Guide

Only thing that grinds my gears is when people are AFK..

Yes, AFK players eventually get kicked.  I understand people respawn to get a certain character, which is fine. But I just had a game where a guy was literally respawning the whole time and didn't even help. Like seriously, farming the weekly challenges shouldn't take more than let's say an hour max.

Message 4 of 11 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Despite this event being one of my favourite weekly challenges and the one that you can find a lobby the easiest - you don’t need more players to start a match - there’s not much unique stuff about it since you can circumvent it (you know, the random respawning). I love this weekly event but there could definitely be improved on, along with the weekly events in general.

EDIT: Typos and changes.

Message 5 of 11 (563 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I just go with the flow and except the challenge.  But this mode doesn’t have the longevity.  Ida be fine with team vanquish in battle arena forever.

Message 6 of 11 (548 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's becoming sad how little effort they are doing for these weekly events.

Another example why GW2 is way better then Neighborflop is they weekly portal was so much more interesting and repetitive. 

Message 7 of 11 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I actually like rando Ops and loved Rando's Revenge events in GW2. Of course, I'll play any character so never respawn to get a different character, but I have seen that often. Not sure if they really want to change that people can do that though. 

The challenges are pretty straight-forward too; I got them all done last night (1- win an Ops, 2-win an Ops without being vanquished, 3- gain 8500 XP) fairly quickly. 

I wouldn't mind some changes to this as I agree, the events are repetitive and some are just not fun. This one is fun (for me at least) but I'd love to see a wider variety and more enjoyable events. Mixing things up could be really fun.

Message 8 of 11 (465 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@dwooten77 wrote:

I just go with the flow and except the challenge.  But this mode doesn’t have the longevity.  Ida be fine with team vanquish in battle arena forever.

I wouldn't want it to be this forever, but it was a lot of fun. I'd be happy to play this event again, especially with some modifiers (although not super speed all the time!)

Message 9 of 11 (464 Views)

★★ Guide

Rando Ops is ops but more harder to get your wanted characters

Message 10 of 11 (392 Views)