Weekly Event - Minion Madness!

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Weekly Event - Minion Madness!

Champion

Hey everyone,

For this week's event, in the Multiplayer Portal, the event is all-new, and is probably the most unique event we have ever seen so far! And we probably all know what it is. Minion Madness. It is Turf Takeover, but you can only play as the all-new Wildflowers or TV Heads! These characters have a fast fire rate, a controllable explosive, a respawn beacon and a throwable ability which is effective against groups and can deal high damage. They also have a passive effect where sticking near your allies gives you an armor bonus.

These characters are coming in Late September, but we all have 2 chances to try them out firsthand: this weekly event and another one that is happening later this month. 

Minion Madness.PNG

So what do all you players think of both the event itself, along with the characters themselves? I've had a chance to try out this event today: I actually really like it. I don't mean really. I mean REALLY like it! New characters that benefit a lot off teamwork and with unique abilities. Awesome, also the weekly challenges are relatively straightforward as well, you should get them while you try out the event, the weekly challenges are as follows:

1. Win a Match.

2. Get 15 Vanquishes.

3. Get 8,500 XP.

Regards

@TheSprinter85 

Message 1 of 12 (1,122 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Weekly Event - Minion Madness!

★★★★ Guide

I have not yet got a chance to play it but can't wait!

I think it looks like fun, and the quests arent too hard either.

Thanx for that info.

Seems like a good portal.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (1,114 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

I have not yet got a chance to play it but can't wait!

I think it looks like fun, and the quests arent too hard either.

Thanx for that info.

Seems like a good portal.

Message 2 of 12 (1,115 Views)

Champion

My weekly challenge tips are as follows, for this week's event, Minion Madness. Because these characters are new, you may want to spend some time getting to know their attacks and abilities first, before you delve into these challenges. Also, as there are only 2 chances to actually use these characters before they officially release in Late September, you may as well use this time wisely. 

Challenge tips are as follows:

1. Win a Match.

• You may get this challenge automatically without much effort if you join near the end of a game, and your team is winning ... !
  • Teamwork is amazing for this mode. Try and stay with your team, and revive your allies if you think you can achieve it without being vanquished.
  • Make use of Pots, Bots and Summonables. They will provide more firepower against your enemies, or heal you.
  • Use your respawn beacon in a hidden location near the objective - this way when you are vanquished, you can quickly get back to the objective. 
  • Destroy any of your enemies' respawn beacons you find.

2. Get 15 Vanquishes.

• Shared vanquishes count, but assists do not.
  • Stay with your team for this one - they can help you get shared or direct vanquishes or reduce your chances of being vanquished.
  • Use your Exploding Dandelion or Yeti as you have a much higher chance of achieving vanquishes with them. This is your middle ability.
  • Against your groups of enemies you find, use your Bloom Boom or Unkind Rewind. This is your right ability, and you can deal lots of damage this way.
  • In some cases, you may find it better to try and find enemies that are further away from their team and are unarmored, for quicker vanquishes.

3. Get 8,500 XP.

• Use the Levelling Up upgrade.
  • Aim for vanquishes and revives, when possible. Assists are also useful if you can achieve them.
  • Placing pots, bots and summonables are useful, as you gain XP for placing them. You gain additional if your summon gets a vanquish, or heals other players, depending on which one you placed.
  • Stay near your team, you get XP for "armor buff assist" if you are near an ally that gets a vanquish, and you were armoring them at the time.
  • If you hide your respawn beacon, you can get 25 XP for "good hiding spot". This is good as you can respawn in good locations, but also get rewarded for hiding yours well. 

That is all.

Message 3 of 12 (1,097 Views)

★ Guide

I love this mode. It's just so different from all the others we've been getting in the past.

I'll definitely be playing this a lot while it's around.

Message 4 of 12 (1,030 Views)

Champion
@ShadowPea127 I will most likely do the same, since it is such a different and unique event, and it gives us a free opportunity to level up these new characters, why not, hey?
Message 5 of 12 (998 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@ShadowPea127 I had a huge smile on my face while playing the mode. Maybe they could reintroduce mixed mode and include Minion madness? From what I've read so far a lot of players dislike the new mode, but I think enough enjoy it to reignite interest in mixed mode if it were to be included.

@TheSprinter85 Thanks for creating all those guides! While I don't benefit too much from them because I play the game a lot and know most of the stuff you mention, I still found a few tips that helped me out Standard smile

Message 6 of 12 (966 Views)

Champion
@benn1nat0r Not a problem. The guides are more intended for newer players or players specifically having trouble with the weekly challenges or whatever guide I make. It’s good to know that even long time and experienced players can benefit. It’s great!
Message 7 of 12 (956 Views)

★★ Pro
@TheSprinter85 its been awhile since I've enjoyed myself this much in bfn. Besides the usual problems with PVP, it's kind of fun. Too bad these guys are not AT LEAST available in giddy Park or some permanent mode. Their kind of just locked behind a temporary gamemode.
Not sure about the armor gained in groups slowing down fights though. And the drones, while hilarious, are also really annoying to play against. Big jump heights, and i'm pretty sure there are speed and HP upgrades for then too.
Message 8 of 12 (893 Views)

[ Edited ]

I like this new character testing weekly event.

And I also want such weekly test event more casually, such as new upgrade testing weekly event.

I don't want to experience that an overpowered upgrade breaks the game for 3 months anymore.

Message 9 of 12 (807 Views)

★★ Guide

@TheSprinter85 First, whether they're successes or failures, I appreciate the Devs coming up with new ideas for the game. 

The first game I played had only two players on each side, the rest of course were AIs. It actually worked pretty well: the AIs were programmed to swarm so you could mingle with the swarm, get armored up and try to progress. Then as the game progressed more players joined and sure enough the swarm broke down-players reverted to sniping and camping. The maps play a role in breaking down the swarm also. If the finale had a single objective then the defender had the advantage because they swarmed while the offense was often broken up by the nature of the approach. If the finale has multiple objectives then the defender is at a disadvantage. Anyway, it forces you to approach the game differently. My suggestion would be to limit the number of players on each side to six and have the rest AIs so the swarming aspect of the game would remain.  I found it fun most of the time but frustrating when it broke down and players reverted to their usual approach of sniping and camping. 

Message 10 of 12 (757 Views)