Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Weapons (style and variety)

by RaInBoWxHiTz6

Original Post

Weapons (style and variety)

★★★★★ Apprentice

One issue I have from the Demos is the weapons, I don't really feel any connection to them or preference.

They're non-customisable and the style of them isn't very good. They all look like they've been put together with some pipes and cloth.

Fair enough this demo may only show some but considering we can get to Level 15 and the weapons are all very similar in look i'm a bit worried.

Not being able to customise isn't huge for me but I'd like a large variety of colours and styles such as:

alien looking weapons

advanced futuristic styles

Common looking weapons (I loved the Khvostov in Destiny 1 because it stood out and looked like a standard assault rifle)

As it stands i'm just picking whatever gun has the best stats as they all look pretty poor

Message 1 of 10 (152 Views)

Re: Weapons (style and variety)

★★★★★ Guide
I really hope this was just the bare skeleton of weapons. It would be really disappinting if this was all there was to it, and there was no more interesting weapon variety. I too wasn’t really interested in the weapons. They were all very vanilla
Message 2 of 10 (138 Views)

★ Guide
Yeah they are all a bit... bland.
Message 3 of 10 (136 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

To be fair the LoD pre-order gun gives me hope, but I didn't see anything remotely close to this in the demo.
I'm hoping it isn't like Destiny where all weapons and armour are bland and dull until you reach max level

anthem-legion-of-dawn-weapon.png

Message 4 of 10 (127 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Definitely agree. Designs need to have more variety, even simply to distinguish the rifle types a little more clearly.
Message 5 of 10 (126 Views)

★★ Guide

I would like to see more variety in the weapons. The cloth draping doesn't really bother me. But variety is the spice of life.

It would be nice if specific components unlocked as you got new weapons, allowing you to customize and tweak the appearance.

Not the end of the world if they don't, but being able to customize on that level would add to immersion imo.

Message 6 of 10 (111 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also hope we gonna get more variety, and that they are going to buff marksman rifles i was shooting enemies with it, 12 bullets couldn't get the shield down from an enemy like what?! Also didn't get a crit for headshots.

Message 7 of 10 (106 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I actually found a very good Marksman rifle that ruined enemies, can't remember the name but it was a Blue Level.17 Marksman rifle.

Snipers are very good too, found one with a high fire rat. My main issue is the variation in styles and colours. All my guns no matter the type, were very similar looking

Message 8 of 10 (101 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@RaInBoWxHiTz6 wrote:

To be fair the LoD pre-order gun gives me hope, but I didn't see anything remotely close to this in the demo.
I'm hoping it isn't like Destiny where all weapons and armour are bland and dull until you reach max level

anthem-legion-of-dawn-weapon.png

My friends and I discussed the weapons and while we were more concerned with the damage they did than how they looked, there was a suggestion that they should allow the cosmetic customisation to be used on the guns as well as the javelin. Yeah the LOD gun looks awesome, cant wait. I love the gun sounds as well, a great change from destiny where most sound like they're made from aluminium and are firing potato pellets. Especially love the chunky assault rifle sound in Anthem, couldn't really think of a gun that didn't sound cheap so far.

Perhaps they're keeping the bar low to start so they can blow us away with bigger and badder looking guns as time goes by.

Message 9 of 10 (88 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Use abilities to take the shields down and finish with the rifle while they cool down.
Also, enemies have weak points other than the head. Standard smile
Message 10 of 10 (80 Views)
Twitter Stream