Weapon Spotlight - Spitfire and RE-45

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Weapon Spotlight - Spitfire and RE-45

★★★★ Pro

I think both of these weapons are good as is. 

Message 21 of 27 (520 Views)

Champion

I used Spitfire and RE-45 today.

Both are good IMO.

Spitfire was surely NERFed but it is still have big magazine and reliable damage output.

RE-45 is very good for the 1st weapon.

When I found RE-45 and Alternator, I sometimes wonder which to pick. Wondering

RE-45's DPS is little above.

Message 22 of 27 (498 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I can never understand why people propose changes that negate the purpose of the thing they're changing. Still hate the wingman nerf even if I don't use the gun. The spitfire is fine as it is but if you want to weaken it further increase the reload time or widen its hipfire.

Off topic but why decrease the wingman's ammo? Drastically reduce its damage at range so people won't complain about sniping with it but it feels high risk/moderate reward right now.

Message 23 of 27 (490 Views)

★★★ Guide

Spitfire after the nerf is useless, no one in their right mind would use that gun it's broken also thanks to the changes they made, it's inaccurate af now at hipfire and ads. Why they nerfed mag and damage I don't know. No one uses it now I guarantee the numbers will show that.

RE-45 it's a good gun and surprisingly powerful, I like to use it as a 2nd weapon now just for a laugh.

Message 24 of 27 (484 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think re 45 could use a buff. If youre not against bots its very hard to use. I would buff the mag size with no attachements and keep purple mag size as it is.

Spitfire is weird sometimes i love it but something stops me from using it. It needs to be better at what it does but have some drawback like more recoil or bad hipfire.

Message 25 of 27 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

RE-45 must be a little more powerful, for moment its just a spray and pray weapon.

Its to weak against any other weapon.

Message 26 of 27 (445 Views)

★ Guide
Before I get started, I think we should wait until the hit detection issues are resolved before giving this type of feedback.

I like the 45 right now. I have never had a problem with it. As an early game weapon, it can get the job done, especially when really close to someone. I don't expect it to be more than that, so I have no issues with it.

TheSpitfire was my favorite weapon in Titan fall 2, and it used to be my favorite weapon in Apex. Now it just doesn't seem to put people down like it should. But then I noticed the hit detection issues. I felt like some of my shots weren't landing even though I was hitting the person on screen. If hit detection isn't an issue, then maybe it will be fine. But after it failed me a couple of times in situation I knew I should have won, I stopped picking it up.

The barrel stabilizer is a must on nearly every weapon that can utilize it, but especially on the Spitfire. The Extended mag is the most important attachment for the 45 IMO.

FYI, I love the wingman changes. I feel it is perfect right now. A skilled person can still use it very effectively, but not to the point where it is a guaranteed loss for the opponent. But it definitely has a user curve so that it takes skill to use it. And it's no longer a pistol sized sniper rifle. i only mention the Wingman because someone else brought it up above.
Message 27 of 27 (381 Views)