Re: Weapon Spotlight - G7 Scout and Alternator

by NitromethaneAP

Original Post

Champion

@hhnbbfggty66  I'm aware of that, but it's categorised as a sniper hence my initial comments lol. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 31 of 45 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@MandatoryIDtag

How about a slight damage buff to 35 and an increase in range(less bullet drop).
That should bring it in line with its sniper/marksman role.

Message 32 of 45 (584 Views)

★★ Pro

If you buff this gun it will be OP because of its fire rate and manageable hipfire.  It won't become comparable to the longbow/TT - it will just replace them.  Nerf its fire rate and buff dmg etc and it just becomes a longbow that uses light ammo, what's the point?

Message 33 of 45 (568 Views)

Champion

@Anlbrd  agreed,this is my catch 22 haha, i'll just stick to using it early game where i'm comfortable with it. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 34 of 45 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

G7 scout could need a slight buff to make it do 100 body damage with 3 shots.
90 damage for 3 shots with a sniper is kind of lame. 7 body shots to kill a player with 200 health is really lame.

Message 35 of 45 (526 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

For the Alternator, just make Disruptor rounds a Gold hop up. It is annoying how many players you have to fight in ranked carrying it and when you come across one you feel like you are obligated to use it because you are at a disadvantage without it. It isn't too OP to the point where it needs a nerf, it just needs a lower drop/spawn rate. The Alternator itself I think is balanced. 

G7 Scout I am not really sure. I feel like it is a decent beginning game gun in more open drop areas like Thunderdome, Artillery, Relay etc. but it is pretty much outclassed by a Longbow/Wingman for the range it is suppose to be good at. It is almost like a mediocre AR that you would never use over a 301 or even a 99 if you have good aim. I guess what I am trying to say is that it doesn't really have a defined spot in the meta. It has potential but needs something to help it out. Maybe a hop up that doesn't give the bullets so much arc from longer ranges? Or just buff the arc of the shots in general. 

Message 36 of 45 (519 Views)

★ Pro
@EA_David Alternator needs a buff in firing speed imo. No im not talking like the r99 either, But atleast a 10% buff. g7 is fine.
Message 37 of 45 (506 Views)

★★★ Novice

Both weapons are well balanced. Even alternator hop-up is well balanced. That hop-up is hard to find. Sweet spot RNG. Scout might have need some tweak or need a hop-up for hip accuracy. 

Message 38 of 45 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@paytakporsuk_tv   yeah agree, the Alternator doesn't feel broken anymore - its decent with the hop-up for end game (its in a good spot right now).

Message 39 of 45 (438 Views)

★ Guide

G7 is absolute trash, I'd rather have no gun than a G7. At least if I have no gun I'm not going to think to myself "hey I can win", because I won't. G7 is possibly the worst gun in the game. 

Rate of fire sucks so it's bad a close range, damage is bad so it sucks at mid range, and it has no range so it sucks at long range. 

Message 40 of 45 (407 Views)