Re: Weapon Spotlight - G7 Scout and Alternator

by DukeOfSquirtles

Original Post

Weapon Spotlight - G7 Scout and Alternator

Community Manager

Hi all! 

Let's talk weapon balance! Last week's spotlight was focused on Wattson, you can check it here.

This week we'll take a look at some light ammo staples, the Alternator SMG and the G7 Scout!

alternator.PNG

g7.PNG

The Alternator has had a whole lot of discussion lately, now that we're past the initial disruption brought by the new Hop Up, how do you feel it sits in the line up?

Does the G7's versatility make up for its lack of ranged punch? What sort of sight to you use with it? Do you think it's viable for close range combat?

Let us know what you think below!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 45 (1,214 Views)

★★ Pro

Love the alternator, could be nerfed ever so slightly by making its auto a tad slower while using the hop-up.

The G7 is awesome, especially in the beginning. Damage is in a good place but the hipfire accuracy could be improved.

Message 2 of 45 (1,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I enjoy the G7 when my trigger finger doesn't let me down lol.

The Alterantor...... mmmmmm. It's a mediocre weapon that still feels a tad OP with disruptors. It feels like it's still a bit to strong imo. I enjoy using it, don't get me wrong but once you have the hopup, there is no real reason to carry an assault rifle. It needs a smaller mag or a slower fire rate (as suggested above) to help try and balance it. I love the idea of the hopup though. Maybe reduce flesh damage when the disruptor rounds are being used?

Message 3 of 45 (1,195 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Dont nerf the alternator with the hop up, its in a good place now.  G7 scout is great, maybe a slight buff to the hipfire or a +1 or +2 to the base damage

Message 4 of 45 (1,186 Views)

alternator+hop = good

I never really use sniping weapon, me suck at sniping

Message 5 of 45 (1,180 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Currently Alternator with hop up is borderline OP, I enjoy using it however. For snipers my go to is usually the Longbow, but lately I've been trying out the G7 and find that it is actually very good. Not so much for super long range like the Longbow, but great for mid range. The rate of fire is great and can tear through people if you have the aim. I go for either a blue or purple sniper scope.

Message 6 of 45 (1,177 Views)

Champion

"Initial disruption brought by the alternator hop up" So much punsssss.

On a serious note though, i've said this elsewhere but the hop up itself needs to lose some of its potency over range, an smg with heavy mid range effectiveness is just wrong, other than that the weapon is fairly well balanced and good for early engagements when a hop up isn't equipped.

The G7 now where do you even start on this thing...i've got a serious love hate with this weapon.  Early game its a highly effective mid range weapon. As soon as it encounters a blue or higher shield and well yeah....you may aswell just throw your light rounds at the enemy because you're unlikely to come out on top unless either their aim is terrible or their carried weapons are.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 45 (1,172 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Danimals_877 The Alternator with hopup is still to strong, especially over range. I do not need an AR when I have a hopped up Alt. That is never right. It needs some further balancing imo.

Message 8 of 45 (1,168 Views)

★ Guide

I think the alternator with the hop up is in a good place. I don't think there's a need to nerf it. The g7 is a great starting weapon but I feel it doesn't hold up too well compared to other snipers for late game.

Message 9 of 45 (1,112 Views)

★★ Expert
@EA_David Alternator is in a good spot and once you get that hop up, its even better, and without it its just a normal gun that you should probably drop later.

G7 is my overall favorite sniper to run and I always manage to down enemies early game with it even without a scope. When I am using is mid-game and forward, I tend to either use the Holo 1x scope, for maximum visibility of my surroundings OR a Digital threat scope if I manage to find one.

As said before, the hip fire could use some adjustments as it rarely hits one shot even if the enemy is right in front of you.
Message 10 of 45 (1,097 Views)