Re: Weapon Spotlight - Flatline & Triple Take

by Animalheadskull

Original Post

★★★ Pro

Unpopular opinion, Flatline and G7 are decent weapons but people think they're weak because of the slow fire rate and lack of 'kick' when firing them (not recoil). Either learn recoil control if you've got the time or burst fire the Flatline at mid to long ranges for better results, and G7 has decent hipfire accuracy if you want to shoot that way while strafing.

Idk about the Triple take though, got some random lucky kills over the months but never intentionally did well with it, probably because the choke is so rare that I drop it whenever I get a better weapon so I didn't have the opportunity to use it as much

Message 21 of 27 (369 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SethCurry Stock isn’t for recoil. Barrel stabilizer is. Stock is only for reduced aim drift & for faster swapping speed.
Message 22 of 27 (360 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry 

I love the triple take, and it's lack of bullet drop. The hip fire is great for that, run out of bullets in my mag, swap to tripletake for that hipfire kill. Super shotty Standard smile

The Flatline....... I like it, but the lack of barrel mod makes it tough to use on enemies further than 15-20 meters out (I'm on PS4). It could do with some sort of hop up to kill the muzzle flash at least. I get that it hits hard, so the recoil would be strong and that is a trait I think it should keep, but as a trade off, there could be a hop up to greatly reduce the muzz;le flash.

Message 23 of 27 (356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@PretzelnutcakeKilling someone with their backs turned does not deem a weapon is good its about how fast you can melt someones health while engaging with them in a shootout mid or close range  both flatline and g7 cant match guns like r99 or 301 or longbow or havoc or prowler

Message 24 of 27 (320 Views)

★★★ Pro
@SethCurry Ocfourse not, those guns have been meta since launch for a reason, but that doesn't mean the Flatline/G7 is bad, it's just outclassed like the p2020 vs RE-45 or something where the 45 will beat the 2020 in most situations but it doesn't mean the 2020 is trash specially since the hopup came out. I feel like I was all over the place with that answer but you get what I'm saying right?
Message 25 of 27 (305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry

Honest Answers

The Flatline is still a piece of Baloney. Its better to use the Hemlock. The Hemlock has better mid and close range. The Hemlock has a shorter TTK than the Flatline.

A Hemlock with a 2x scope is a force to be reckoned with.

I was using the Flatline at the beginning of season 2, but recently moved back to the Hemlock.

And difference is night and day.
Where the Flatline got me killed the Hemlock got me kills! Wink yelp

Message 26 of 27 (282 Views)

★ Apprentice
@TheImmortalEnt I agree with you
Message 27 of 27 (239 Views)