Re: Weapon Spotlight - Devotion and Prowler

by AWOL_312

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

What a great weekly topic. 

They are two of my favourite weapons; the prowler is a really good one if you manage to find a select fire, usually if i have a heavy mag i use it as a first weapon orelse as a second choise to be switched during a fight.

The devotion is definitely my fave over all the others: it is always my 1st weapon along anything i find. 

I have to mark the point that i handle the energy ammo better if without turbocharger and this is valid for both devotion and havoc.

Message 11 of 25 (578 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Prowler without the hopup....great close-in weapon, have to think of that 5 round burst in terms of an Eva-8 or Peacekeeper.....gotta hold fire til the shot comes into focus or you just spend ammo and get nothing out of it.  With the hopup (and a decent sight), it's a mini R301...especially kitted out.

Devotion......I prefer the Havoc, I'm more consistent especially with the "ramp up" rate of fire.......unless your target has no cover, by the time you spool up he's in cover....

Message 12 of 25 (535 Views)

★★★ Guide

since cant remowe muzzle flash devotion become such garbage you cant see where you shoting only viable way to use it is hipfire

Message 13 of 25 (517 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@adidasPowah wrote:

since cant remowe muzzle flash devotion become such garbage you cant see where you shoting only viable way to use it is hipfire

So since you can't cheat anymore the gun is now garbage? lol

Message 14 of 25 (494 Views)

★★★ Guide

its not cheat i dont know why muzzle flash is still exist in this game it doesnt have anything to do with skill and promote hip fire which is rng  so noob players can actually kill some1

Message 15 of 25 (485 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@adidasPowah wrote:

its not cheat i dont know why muzzle flash is still exist in this game it doesnt have anything to do with skill and promote hip fire which is rng  so noob players can actually kill some1

Removing muzzle flash gives competitive advantage.

Removing muzzle flash emulates the feature of the level 4 legendary barrel.

Removing muzzle flash requires modifications that contravene EA's terms of service in regard to cheating.

I agree the muzzle flash is often obnoxious, and should be toned down.

I also agree EA/Respawn's enforcement has been lacklustre and inconsistent, in particular allowing both professional streamers & broadcast tournaments to exploit it for many months.

However, it's still very definitely cheating.

Message 16 of 25 (500 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_David: PS4, (I think it is important to state, as PC and Console will have different experiences with guns.)

Prowler is fine, recoil could be reduced slightly.

Devotion needs its iron sights adjusted, I find the sights on the Havok and Devotion block my view. They could do with a holographic sight like the RE-45 in the guise of the purple scope with the holographic T-section.
Message 17 of 25 (494 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@adidasPowah wrote:

It is 100% cheating. Removing something from the game files that was not intended to be removed in order to give yourself an advantage over other players is literally the definition of cheating. 

Message 18 of 25 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The Energy weapons are in need of a Buff!

Please make energy ammo max 80 instead of 60.

Please add more energy ammo to loot spawns.

Please increase maximum magazine size to 60.

I just recently fell in love with the Devotion.

I used to hate the Devotion because I did not know how to use it effectively in fights.

So recently i decided to give it a second chance. I put the 3x Hcog scope on it, and i instantly feel in love with the thing.

The key is you have to know how to use it.

The Devotion is best used at medium range with a 3x Hcog scope and at extra close range while hip firing or ADS.

Once I learned how to use the Devotion it became one of my choices for my close range specialty weapons "secondary".

I run a G7 as my primary for medium range to long range engagements.

The G7 is simple, effective, and ammo efficient. 

I run a close range weapon for my secondary which is usually a peacekeeper, r99, eva-8, and now Devotion.

What I love about the Devotion is it has a psychological effects on enemies.

Many players that play this game like to rush people.

When I pop shots at them with the g7 they take those shots and keep pushing but when I open up on them with the Devotion with the 3xHcog,

it make them rethink their engagement.

I guess you can say the Devotion is a great weapon for suppressive fire.

Also the Devotion is great for punishing anyone aggressive enough to push into my personal space.

I simply switch from my g7 to my Devotion and blast them into Oblivion.  :D

The "Nerf" issue is no on wants to lose.

People just want to bulldoze people in this game!

The player base of this game are super aggressive, 1 dimensional, and borderline stupid.

People do not want to think out their engagements.

People just want to run up to people with a r301, drop them then move on to the next.

The Devotion stops all that!

When people feel they have to work for the kill they get angry.

When people think they have you bested with their r301 vs G7 then you whip out the Devotion and blast them... They get angry!

When people think "I am going to close the range with my peacekeeper and blast them in the face, but they get blasted with a Devotion.

THEY GET MAD. Standard smile

When people run off and hide to heal up in a shack, and you run in behind them and blast them all with the Devotion!.....

They scream.... "NERF THE DEVOTION!!!" 

The Devotion is in a good place as a medium range suppressive LMG, with close range capability.

The only issue is there is not enough ammo to continuously suppress the hordes of aggressive noobs that like to close the (GAP) and third-party.

Help the Devotion do what LMGs are meant to do.... Suppress hordes of third-partying noobs and punish those aggressive enough to get in your face!

Also the Devotion requires skills to use it. It is a special occasions weapon. Will not hurt from a little ammo buff.

It is terrible at long ranges, okay for suppression at medium ranges, and is a beast at close range.

Summary: "MORE AMMO PLEASE!"

Message 19 of 25 (414 Views)

★★★ Pro

Do not nerf Devotion, nuff said

Prowler = Lame R301...

I hate the Prowler. It has no real purpose. 

If you guys want to do something add a stats screen to the armory like you had in titanfall 2..

How the heck do we suppose to accurately compare and review weapons without a stats screen. 

Nuff said

Message 20 of 25 (446 Views)