Re: Weapon Spotlight - Arc Stars, Thermite & Frag Grenades

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
I only use 'nades and arcs. Thermite was usefull in titanfall, but in this game, at least for me, not so much. If someone throws a thermite I figure out 1 of the following:
A) the person's scared and wants to retreat
B) wants to med/shield up
C) wants to revive a teammate

So basically every time someone throws a thermite at me... and I know there aren't 3 ppl on the other side, I just jump straight through it shooting like a mad russian!

'Nades and arcs I spam alot... i used to never have throwables, but it's just so fun to throw a couple and see 'downed (insert name)' couple secs later 'downed (insert name)' then some shootwork and another squad gone.
Message 11 of 23 (669 Views)

★ Guide
And i think radius from all grenas are fine.
Message 12 of 23 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Overall they're fine, nades are almost always avoidable. Radius need to be adjusted a bit. Not 'nerfed' but sometimes from mid-range frags/arcs do full damage when they should be doing less. I would think they should only do 100 if you're basically right next to one. Maybe more tiers of damage with each bracket of range?

Really unlucky if you get stuck from an arc.. that's where a pathfinder hook, wraith q, bang smoke, etc. is very useful but it's not over at that point; maybe lower the slow percentage a tiny bit. But if they get too weak no one will even use them in their bags, stock up on meds instead.

Thermites need use an area buff somehow, I agree. They're great for blocking doors and giving away your location Large smile

Also, as previously suggested: pleaseee implement a separate grenade pouch, a new item you pickup with rarities- and is a 'body piece' just like a helmet, bag, or armor. That would help a lot later on when you're just dropping and swapping stuff

Message 13 of 23 (631 Views)

★★ Novice

LULZ!!!

A Discussion bout throwables??? WHy not a discussion on how you gonna fix this cheater infested game???

Throwables......SMH....Get real

Message 14 of 23 (617 Views)

★★ Guide

All throwables are fine and do not need any changes. You can add though another type of 'nade.

Message 15 of 23 (592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I don't want to see opponent dodge my grenades , so thermite grenade is my main choice . It will explode when hitting on the surface , it is fast and wide effect .

But I am considering to change my tactics because in recent games I saw enemies only take little damages after sprint through the flame walls the thermite grenade create , they go through the flame wall and keep shooting at me like no fear that really make thermite grenade looks like useless .

Message 16 of 23 (582 Views)

★ Guide
In most respects I think grenades are in a good spot.

The arc-star stun is in need of toning down, though.
Message 17 of 23 (549 Views)

★★★ Novice

Love the throwables! Wish console had an easier way of wielding them but what if melee caused more damage holding a grenade, thermite, or arc star. Getting punched with an arc star would conceivably to more damage....right?

Message 18 of 23 (532 Views)

★★★ Novice
Grenadier button layout does provide the option of using R1 to work throwables
Message 19 of 23 (528 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Arc stars are fine but bouncing off gil arm shield is ridiculous and unfair.
Normal granades should be cookable, altho i have seen people who magically can.
And thermites should in no way work through a closed door, but do..
Message 20 of 23 (525 Views)