Weakest character

by HailBifrostGlow

Original Post

Re: Weakest character

★ Guide

Foot Soldier, Imp, and Kernel Corn are all abysmally weak. All-Star is also pretty weak in terms of damage output IMO, but it's not as bad as these poor three.

Message 11 of 30 (648 Views)

★ Apprentice

the most things i agree but the space station is pretty strong. This character is born to be a team character. You should play this character in a team and also alone his beam kills any plants in 2-3 seconds. I would change the beam. Maybe if more players are on the space station the beam is stronger... (same idea for the oak...alone this character should be weaker and together with other players stronger)

and for citron and allstar: I am okay with this amount of damage in far distance (they are tanks and tanks should stay a long time on a battlefield but do less damage). But both should do more damage if one character is in front of them....

Message 12 of 30 (595 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@xxxicedragon Sunflower, Rose & Corn all feel weak at low levels to me. The range isn't right for Rose, primary shot damage for Corn isn't strong enough atm, especially with the change to the butter ability. Sunflower movement isn't as fluid as in the other games & while her new healing capabilities are fantastic, she can't compete with Scientist for kills & generally gets wrecked way too often.
Soldier & Imp for zombies. Soldier Idk even where to start - primary damage, stink cloud, jump?? Imp, I think the mech ability should be available at the start of the game like every other character's abilities - would especially help on 1st base attack maps when leaving the spawn & find the team facing several Oaks. It should also recharge quicker or the Oak ability recharge should be longer.
BUT until we've got all the characters to high levels, it's hard to say if things will stay feeling that way AND balance changes are on the way . . . .
Message 13 of 30 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@HailBifrostGlowPlants Corn, Zombies Foot Solider.

Other than the 2 obvious ones I'd say All Star for zombies is kinda bad
And Snapdragon for plants is pretty horrid

I honestly think Citron is pretty strong, surprised people are saying he's weak. His stun is super nice and his 75 damage spin is pretty solid. Laser can definitely get you killed but does some pretty solid DPS when you land it.

Message 14 of 30 (574 Views)

★ Guide
@DScD-VitaminC I dunno, I think All Star's problem isn't damage... It's the fact his shield breaks so easily and is on a 24 second cooldown. Also his punt ability sucks.
Message 15 of 30 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@HailBifrostGlowchomper without a doubt

His chomp sucks ,goop and spikeweed suck, burrow almost sucks it is still bad, his only decent aspect is his long range weapon   

Message 16 of 30 (555 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Kernel Corn is the weakest plant and Foot Soldier is the weakest zombie. While their abilities are solid, their main weapons are poor. There are others that need buffs but they are still useful in their main role. For example while I feel All-star needs a damage buff, he can still really help his team with the new improved tackle dummy. Soldier and corn are primarily damage dealers and when their special abilities are down, their main guns are far too weak.

Message 17 of 30 (546 Views)

★ Apprentice

on the plant side, I have all characters on master and I can stay it isn´t better... 
The problem, especially with the sunflower, is: If you choose the right skills, she is much better. If she would do more damage, she would be a nightmare. 
It is okay to have a weak character with really good healing skills, but then she should have an ability to run away (it is like mercy in overwatch). 

For kills, the sunflower has at least the beam. With this ability you can kill the most zombies really easy.

Maybe she should get one damage point more, but i would not give her the same damage as in GW2 cause now she is a better healer. 

I can imagine that similar problems could exist with other plants (or zombies) 

Message 18 of 30 (497 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Tbh, I haven't played the game bcuz it's not on switch, but the weakest has got to be corn

Message 19 of 30 (467 Views)

★★ Guide

Weakest has got to be NightCap. Yep. No doubt about it. 🙉🙊🙈

Message 20 of 30 (459 Views)