We want more future content!

by digweed86

Original Post

Re: We want more future content!

★★★ Novice

My wishlist of future content:

B-Wing vs XG1 Starwing (AKA Assault Gunboat) or B-Wing vs TIE Brute

Alternate models for different weapon customisation, like for example a death-star like laser dish on the portside pod of the TIE bomber if it has the composite laser weapon. Y-Wing already has this for aux ion cannons.

Fairing options for the y-wing for some clone wars style. Similar alternate skins for the other fighters, if good canon options can be sourced, or good designs can be created.

Modding support for single player, so that community created missions and campaigns can be added, and community created ships can be imported. 

More capital ships and missions for single player at least, multiplayer if possible, that allows more variety in the fleet compositions of fleet battles.

Maybe later E-Wing vs XG1 (if the TIE Brute is selected above) or E-Wing vs TIE Avenger.

Single player mission in a TIE Defender

Message 11 of 45 (1,078 Views)

★★★★ Novice

More ships please, would love to see both sides get another set of ships to use.

Could be like this:

Empire

Fighter- TIE Advanced V1 or TIE Defender

Interceptor- TIE Phantom

Bomber- Scimitar Assault Bomber, TIE Punisher, or Assault Gunboat

Support- TIE Shuttle or Ye-4 Gunship

New Republic

Fighter- E-Wing, B-Wing, or Z-95 Headhunter

Interceptor- T-Wing

Bomber- Scurrg H-6 or H-60 Tempest

Support- X4 Gunship

Would love to see maps that take place in-atmosphere as well.

Message 12 of 45 (1,067 Views)

★★★ Novice

Since this game falls between Endor and Mandelorian, could do a DLC that adds a Bounty Hunter faction that can fight on its own, or join either side.

Message 13 of 45 (1,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hear me out, what about a Mandalorian faction as well?  They'd be allied with the rebels sometimes, and against them at others. 
The tricky thing about Mandos is that there'd be a greater choice in terms of the craft they'd fly, or maybe some of the classic mando ships from SWG could get brought back. 

If SWG ships got brought back:
Fighter: Fang Class
Bomber: M12- L Kimogla
Interceptor: M3- A Scyk
Support: M22- T Krayt Gunship

I wouldn't mind a redesign for either the Kimogla or gunship considering they look very similar. 

If the B wing and Tie Defender/brute get added as "power ships" for use by accumulating points similar to how vehicles/heroes are unlocked in Battlefront 2, the Mandos could also run Firespray patrol ships.  According to Legends those got put back into production by KSE due to fame of the Fetts.

In terms of faction tactics/ trends, maybe the Mando ships trend to have tankier hulls at the cost of maneuverability (either speed, Gs, or both). 

Message 14 of 45 (1,050 Views)

★ Apprentice

I very much so, hope they look into releasing additional content.

I would pay for Expansions and DLC if they are for new storylines. I would go crazy if they recreated the story content from the original X-Wing games (X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Balance of Power, X-Wing Alliance). If I could play those in VR I would explode!

I think story expansions/DLC, if done right, could justify them being paid content. And it could help fund additional maps, ships, components, factions, and play modes that could be released along side them for free to keep the game community/multiplayer fresh and healthy.

Message 15 of 45 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Guide

I want more storylines, for me, story is more important to me, if its just content to go pew-pew-pew, i will have to pass.

Message 16 of 45 (1,037 Views)

★★★ Guide

@ICraftyI wrote:

As for a new campaign, I would like to see the Clone Wars or Classic Era stuff.   That would be amazing.   Again though, I don't need a ton of story driven context for this kind of game.   It can be a totally generic military operation like the original X-wing games and I would be fine.    Though, even the OG campaign missions did actually connect from mission to mission.   Whatever you did in one mission would be why you were on your next mission.  Felt organic and real. 

This......absolutely this!.

I would love to see Tie Fighter, X-Wing, X-Wing Alliance in this new engine, the story untouched, updated graphics, scenes and so on, but ultimately the same missions, briefings, but modern graphics...it would be awesome.

With this new engine, they could even make the battle for endor and other type of battles that we experience in the missions and make them far more epic than what the games in question could achieve at the time.

Also, when you create a pilot in these games, being able to be male or female has to be there, just for the option, even if it doesn't do a thing for the storyline at all.

Message 17 of 45 (1,032 Views)

★ Apprentice

I Very strongly agree. 

I NEED a story. A Narrative. 

Message 18 of 45 (1,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

why cant they just remake the ps2 version of starwars battle front 2 with the galatic battles involved.... thats all i want is a cool graphic galatic battle they could do that with squadrons but sadly i dont think they ever will Frown

Message 19 of 45 (1,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This game is amazing, and I'd love to have more of it! I'm a bit sad that the single player story campaign is so short, even though it might even be the highlight of this game, no matter if in VR or on the flat screen (I do enjoy the multiplayer part, too). I do also love that there are no microstransactions/loot box gambling,

That said, I'd definitely pay good money for one or more fully-fledged, old-school Expansion(s) (like the old X-Wing/TIE Fighter expansions or in more recent times to prove that proper expansions still work today, the Expansions for The Witcher 3) with at least 40 hours of more Single player story/campaign (ideally with the option to play the story in co-op multiplayer like you could with the two campaigns in X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter: Balance of Power!) as well as additional Multiplayer Scenarios/Modes. I wouldn't mind if you also added some additional favorite ships like the B-Wing, Z-95 Headhunter, TIE Advanced or TIE Defender with the expansion.

Message 20 of 45 (1,015 Views)