We've Disabled the Leaving Early Penalty

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: We've Disabled the Leaving Early Penalty

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@sireladio 

You are missing the point and you're being a bit of a hypocrite. Accusing people of being toxic and then saying they're terrible?... I don't mind playing with people that had lower damage or kills than me tbh, if it felt like a good match.

The primary reason my group of friends lost motivation to play was because cheaters were on my team and swept house. They don't care about a team effort, they care about kills. Their game sense never improves, they're focused on spectators. If they die, they leave the game right away. So I thought a leave penalty was a great idea for that reason.

Secondly, it encourages the longevity of the game. It will change the pace of the game overall. Even if it's likely that your teammate will die, if your teammates don't leave; that surviving teammate will make a play to go for banners.

Instead of impatiently spamming game after game, I thought it was a major improvement to go for banners and have a second shot at winning, which is what that mechanic is for. Being 'bad' has nothing to do with that. The best players get sandwiched from behind on a hot drop all the time.

Message 81 of 94 (490 Views)

★ Guide

@newname4504

Actually I am far from being a hypocrite. There are players who clearly are not good. I have players that can not even work out how to climb a wall or how to throw grenades. Also people screaming abuse down mic or spamming music I would class as Toxic every day of the week. Even when I get a terrible team I still play out and have carried god knows how many teams to a win.

Now to people leaving. If there dead 9/10 Random teams wont win a gun fight with one down and 9/10 wont pick up the player or will loot your items run pass 3 spawns then res you leaving you with nothing for end game meaning your just a sitting target to be shot as you spawn. Sorry to say this isn't the player who was killed fault. Also why should you be punished for leaving a game ? Sorry to say its not the players fault either than this game forces.

People leaving doesn't decrease or increase longevity that idea is just unfounded with no basis. Also the idea that people will make a play for the banner is unfounded also. I can more likely bring up 20 games just last night were my team left my banner to time out and were looting 2 foot away. So sorry but no as your obviously in a fantasy land.

Now to a clear issue you failed to address. First when playing with randoms you have to accept these people will not play the same as playing with a group. If you fail to understand that maybe this game isnt for you in the first place and you should move on until solo's come into use. Second you again failed to address that your over reaching when you say teams will come for banners. The common game is the oposite and most random teams dont work together and people dont even attempt to res. Sorry you may not like that but its true. Third you fail to address what happens when your team have run off and no where near you and you get killed. There is 0 chance of them coming back so you want people to just sit there watching for like 2 minutes while its clear there team wont be coming. Its ridiculous.

Also lets to add that your talking about logevity but fail to understand forcing players to sit for up to 5 minutes before people able to leave a game if there knocked and not killed isnt going to help. You think people will continue to play when they are forced to wait between 2-5 minutes every game ? Hell no it will do the opposite and kill this game.

The move is a very poor choice and a rushed edit to the game that fails to address the issue that is causing people to leave. This is punishing the players with out looking at the root cause and fixing the game so less people feel required to leave. Now dont get me wrong if your leaving straight after character select 3 times in a row hay you deserve a time out. However if your leaving because you get stuck with 3 teams who dont work as a group and choose to leave your banner then its not your fault. 
One easy way is to match people of similar skill together. I would rather wait a minute or two in matchmaking and have similar skilled players than enter a game get killed and watch my team mates loot the people I killed first and let my banner time out.

Honestly a ridiculous update that panders to bad players who cant even spend 2 minutes to find a group if there that worried about leavers.

Message 82 of 94 (466 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@sireladio wrote:

@newname4504

Actually I am far from being a hypocrite. There are players who clearly are not good. I have players that can not even work out how to climb a wall or how to throw grenades. Also people screaming abuse down mic or spamming music I would class as Toxic every day of the week. Even when I get a terrible team I still play out and have carried god knows how many teams to a win.

Now to people leaving. If there dead 9/10 Random teams wont win a gun fight with one down and 9/10 wont pick up the player or will loot your items run pass 3 spawns then res you leaving you with nothing for end game meaning your just a sitting target to be shot as you spawn. Sorry to say this isn't the player who was killed fault. Also why should you be punished for leaving a game ? Sorry to say its not the players fault either than this game forces.

People leaving doesn't decrease or increase longevity that idea is just unfounded with no basis. Also the idea that people will make a play for the banner is unfounded also. I can more likely bring up 20 games just last night were my team left my banner to time out and were looting 2 foot away. So sorry but no as your obviously in a fantasy land.

Now to a clear issue you failed to address. First when playing with randoms you have to accept these people will not play the same as playing with a group. If you fail to understand that maybe this game isnt for you in the first place and you should move on until solo's come into use. Second you again failed to address that your over reaching when you say teams will come for banners. The common game is the oposite and most random teams dont work together and people dont even attempt to res. Sorry you may not like that but its true. Third you fail to address what happens when your team have run off and no where near you and you get killed. There is 0 chance of them coming back so you want people to just sit there watching for like 2 minutes while its clear there team wont be coming. Its ridiculous.

Also lets to add that your talking about logevity but fail to understand forcing players to sit for up to 5 minutes before people able to leave a game if there knocked and not killed isnt going to help. You think people will continue to play when they are forced to wait between 2-5 minutes every game ? Hell no it will do the opposite and kill this game.

The move is a very poor choice and a rushed edit to the game that fails to address the issue that is causing people to leave. This is punishing the players with out looking at the root cause and fixing the game so less people feel required to leave. Now dont get me wrong if your leaving straight after character select 3 times in a row hay you deserve a time out. However if your leaving because you get stuck with 3 teams who dont work as a group and choose to leave your banner then its not your fault. 
One easy way is to match people of similar skill together. I would rather wait a minute or two in matchmaking and have similar skilled players than enter a game get killed and watch my team mates loot the people I killed first and let my banner time out.

Honestly a ridiculous update that panders to bad players who cant even spend 2 minutes to find a group if there that worried about leavers.

@sireladio On console, banner collection with randoms is surprisingly common imo. Some of what you say is true in terms of team mates looting your stuff and leaving you with practically nothing for end game but this is in a minority of cases, and when it does happen, it is not noobs that do it. It's predominantly high stat, self proclaimed "pro" players that do that.

Solo's won't be coming any time soon, if at all so scratch that.

I agree that some sort of loose matchmaking would help I'm sure, but high level certainly doesn't mean better player (although it does mean they know the mechanics of the game and your not getting team mates that don't know what buttons do what or what weapons combos they prefer). In some instances it means selfish, me me me playstyle, leaving the other 2 team mates to follow and pick up whatever loot is left. Then when said "pro" player dies, they ping their banner relentlessly then quit if you do not suicide run straight to it to pick them up.

I wait when I'm knocked. Most of the time your squad will get wiped anyway which isn't long to wait. If the players are good, I'm prepared to wait to get back into it. Awww diddums, you had to wait a few minutes. So what? Or is it a case of monkey see monkey do when your favourite streamer dies and quits asap to find another game?

For all the "noobs are bad" there are just as many high level players who think they are something they are not and blame others for their downfall.

Let's have a player base that actually understands the game and is willing to play it as such instead of drop, run off, die and blame team mates, quit and immediately search for a new game.

Message 83 of 94 (457 Views)

★★ Guide

@sireladio It's ok if you don't like the leaving penalty; I'm really not trying to convince you, only voicing my own opinion.

Although I would suggest you not to insult players as a whole. I do think this game is for me, as I enjoy playing it, often out-frag my teammates or at least do just as well as them, and like the banner system very much.

We happen to have a difference of opinions which is perfectly fine. We'll see what the balance team decides to do. I happen to think keeping teams together for the entire match helps with toxicity. When one player says, "Screw this, I died." and leaves... it surely upsets the other two.

Message 84 of 94 (455 Views)

★ Guide

@newname4504 
Dont insult a player yet you had no issue calling me a hypocrite with no basis just the message before. Get of your high horse.

You tried to explain in your first reply how I was a hypocrite dont understand and how I am obviously to blame. Now your want to try to take a moral high ground with out showing any actual basis or being able to dispute any comment I have made.

Next you say your not trying to convince me. However what you are trying to do is allow a change that has negative impact on players experince while failing to take into account what this feature does. You failed to actually show both the * and pros of this system while trying to push how pleased you are with it.

I stated very clearly the negative and explained why and how this would cause an adverse affect on the game and impact players. You did not show or explain any positive reason with any sort of basis as to why it would be positive.

Pros
Players will no longer leave games due to bad team mates.
Players will wait until banners are collected before leaving.
Players who continually leave at start of game will be punished.

Players could be forced to wait 2-5 minutes before leaving.
Players will play less matches in total due to increased wait time.
Players will solo queue less meaning a smaller player base for solo's

Players can easily abuse penalty by refusing to res players forcing players to wait the whole game.
Players can easily abuse penalty by not picking up banners

Players will lose interest in playing due to drawn out games

Players will be forced to deal with toxic team mates as they can now not leave or face punishments.
Players will enjoy the game less as they will now be forced to stay with teams due to limitations forced in game

As I have stated. I have no issue with a penalty if you leave at the very start of a match or right after the character select screen. However once I'm knocked or killed it should be my choice to continue not the developers forcing it. Sorry but its wrong and wont work in the long term and you will quickly see this game drop players soon after.

Message 85 of 94 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@sireladio

"Players will no longer leave games due to bad team mates."

How exactly will players no longer leave games with your method? I think I missed that. I thought you were for players leaving whenever they wanted to.

All I said was that players would be more inclined to stay if they have a chance of staying together as three, which is how the game was intended to be played. If one player leaves early, then another might leave right after, etc. So I think a leave penalty will make someone think twice about leaving early. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Again if you think your way would be better that's perfectly okay, it's not up to me or you. That's what I meant by 'I'm not trying to convince you.' The team are frequent flyers on this forum and they're the guys to convince.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I suggest you re-read and edit what you wrote, because I truly have no clue what you're talking about in this last post.

I was not and am not trying to fight with you and won't respond anymore. If this continues the thread will likely be closed, and I don't want to cause that.

Sorry that I called you a hypocrite, that was rude of me. Thank you for all your input on this.

Message 86 of 94 (431 Views)

★★ Guide
Implementing anything like this without first giving people some other means of playing the game, such as solos, only displays an astonishing amount of cluelessness, & nothing more.

Absolutely nothing more. I've already stopped playing the game, however. I didn't even buy the battle pass because I figured there would be plenty dissatisfaction with the devs willingness to keep the game fresh.

I'll come back, if & when the devs are finally willing to allow this game to evolve into something greater. At this point, it's a redundant experience.

& implementing this penalty clearly will only push people away even further. Suggesting otherwise only makes you an idiot. And that is this forum's biggest problem. Too many village idiots. Don't, listen to them.
Message 87 of 94 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Funny way to ruin a game, i am pretty sure  your going to lose many after this leave penalty, the community in this game is toxic, leave should be guaranteed, from the developers, now if the people who stays alone can get more exp/points (useless) i agree. lol

Message 88 of 94 (364 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think the easiest way to introduce the penalty would be to start with the players who bail when they are killed and leave before the banner time out. And for any of you who can’t wait that 90 seconds, oh please don’t even go there. If you don’t have 90 seconds then you don’t have time to play this game.

Message 89 of 94 (311 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@decimation92  It's already been implemented but it is disabled for the time being. :ealight_bulk:

Message 90 of 94 (306 Views)