We've Disabled the Leaving Early Penalty

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: We've Disabled the Leaving Early Penalty

★ Guide

Honestly this is by far one of the most stupid updates ever created.

1. People Who Want This,
I will simply say this. Go into the many team finders and find team mates. The fact you can not even manage this would suggest your either toxic or terrible and I am sorry but no one should be forced to play with these type of people.

2. Add Solo/Duo First,

Next you want to punish people for leaving with out any proper working report feature on console to deal with bad team mates yet have not even bothered to add Solo or Duo lists first. Add Solo and then that deals with players who dont want to play with randoms.

3. Waiting Till Pick Up and Banner Time Out,
This is just a dumb Idea. Ok getting killed I can understand. But waiting for my banner to time out is stupid. Ive had multiple games in a row where ive been knocked and killed and my team just run. So now I am forced to wait even when I know its impossible I will be res.

Honestly this doesnt help the game and will turn many people away. Most people who want this are random players who play only a few games and not the majority of hardcore players investing money. I dont ever run randoms any more unless I just want quick games to burn kills. It takes like 5 minutes if not less to find a squad so remove this or at least let us leave during character select and after being knocked

Message 71 of 94 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@sireladio wrote:

Honestly this is by far one of the most stupid updates ever created.

1. People Who Want This,
I will simply say this. Go into the many team finders and find team mates. The fact you can not even manage this would suggest your either toxic or terrible and I am sorry but no one should be forced to play with these type of people.

2. Add Solo/Duo First,

Next you want to punish people for leaving with out any proper working report feature on console to deal with bad team mates yet have not even bothered to add Solo or Duo lists first. Add Solo and then that deals with players who dont want to play with randoms.

3. Waiting Till Pick Up and Banner Time Out,
This is just a dumb Idea. Ok getting killed I can understand. But waiting for my banner to time out is stupid. Ive had multiple games in a row where ive been knocked and killed and my team just run. So now I am forced to wait even when I know its impossible I will be res.

Honestly this doesnt help the game and will turn many people away. Most people who want this are random players who play only a few games and not the majority of hardcore players investing money. I dont ever run randoms any more unless I just want quick games to burn kills. It takes like 5 minutes if not less to find a squad so remove this or at least let us leave during character select and after being knocked

Wait... go find team mates? Surly this is the advice for people quitting because they don't

get "their" character, someone steals "their" loot or blah blah. Surely it's these people who need to team up with similar like minded specials. 

Having to wait for the banner to time out is dumb.  Srlsy. It's what 60 seconds? You can't know till there are 30 seconds left if you are going to get rezzed or not. So 30 seconds or less? Really? Really?

You don't run randoms anymore? So why whine about this change? It won't affect you...

I lost count of the number of specials who Insta disconnect on being knocked only for me to clean up wonder wtf... 

All similar players "my loot" my character.you didn t land where I wanted blah blah. Why do these type of people play multi player games. 

I would love to have a psychoanalysis on their mindset.

This time penalty needs adding sooner rather than later. They will lose a lot of players from this behaviour otherwise, the few toxics they might lose if they instate it are the less important loss. 

Message 72 of 94 (502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That mentality is what causes the problem. 

Message 73 of 94 (493 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, sorry to here you've gotten people quittign after being knocked out. Taht has happened to me before, but not too much. They only leave after I can't get their banner anymore. Also new to posting things in forums. I can basically get what the rules are for posting, not attacking and being toxic and stuff...Now I have gone through every post, and there are some valid points. Everything pertaining to the subject of this forum I'll address on what I think based on my experiences...And a big note: I play in the Asian Servers. There is a TON of cheaters here...Not sure why anyone needs ot know this, but just keep that in mind as I talk about my view points.

Soccer ball I can understand someone wanting to quit because they didn't get to choose a specific legend. However, the problem is this. This game was built up as a team game, evne more so since your weapons can become anything, and so are your opponents' weapons. Unlike Overwatch, where you have a set skill weapon, you can have any possible weapon. This makes it harder to do a 1 v 2 or 1v 3. Strategy on how to wins depends on what info you have on the enemy. In overwatch you can still win, sort of, because when you respawn, you know what cahracter htey are and can adjust by switching to another character. However, in Apex Legends you almost intantly know how to coutner them, sure you know their skills once you know who killed you, but you can't predict what their next weapon is, because they could be swithcing weapons at any time. Also in addition, you can't switch characters. So since it's goign ot be such a hard time to predict your enemy, you're jsut punishing the team you win up with by quitting before or mid-game. I think you shoudl get a punishment for quitting early because now those people's hopes are dashed. I personally don't care myself. However, that's more so because I'm used to getting bots/spammers (I call them grief bots since it just makes me sad to know I'll be solo this match.) But in the ned it's not just about me, it's about all players. You should be mindful of the others. Liek some have said, go find a firend tahtoyu know will let oyu have your fa0v legend. One thing I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention as a possible solution is higlighting the legend you want. You should do this if you see you're the 2nd or 3rd person on the team. I know not everyone is nice, but I have ran into people who wanted the one play usually but since I highlight it they do let me have it. Also I have let other peopel have it if I'm first and they seem ot highlight it. They won't know it's your favorite if you don't show them.

Football On the other hand, I understand 'things' happen in real life, or outside of a game and you have to go, and for this reason some people don't want penalties placed in. I can agree to this reasoning. I dont' think any of ouo have ever encountered it, but I have been forced out of the game before. This isn't an 'error' thing. I'm talking about hackers forcing you out. Again I live in Asia. I enoucnter many hackers every now and then. Thanks to new reporting system it's gone down a bit but I still have them. What I'm getting at is in my case I've actually killed hackers before. Every now and then I'll encounter a real hacker, hacker, not a perosn who bought cheats from a hacker, but someone who actually hacks, orm aybe they did buy this features from them...But anyways back to the story. Either durign the time I'm about to kill them, or right after killing them Always for some reaosn conveniently get my entire game clsoed with not warning. I know for sure it ain't jstu bad connection or an error. One sign is I dont' get an error window after it closes, also this only happens after I kill or while I'm killing a perosn I have confirmed for sure was a hacker. I know this because of how fast they're going like a speed demon Lifeline and such. They zip infront of me and then I happen to set off a shotgun to their face when aiming at someone else. And they've arleady been taken down a few by previous others. I kil them, or knock them down. In one case I was in the middle of a 'finisher' but right before it was completed I was forcefully closed. Another time was after I took them out and they turned int oa banner a few seconds later I closed. So yes I understand not wanting a penalty in those kind of cases where you glitch out, or you get forcefully closed by a cheater/hacker.

Basketball Also there's the fact that I have once or twice quit after I became a banner because someone was cussing me out in Chinese/Taiwanese for sucking at hte game sinceI got killed. I damit I would also get agnry, and reply to them through voice saying ' Fine screw you too!' then leave the game. I can understand wanting to not be punished for being paired up with a bunghole that can only mouth off and not even bother to help you with the banner respawning thing.

(4) In the end I am very conflicted. Thankfully I no longer get kicked because of errors. However I still get forced out becuase of cheaters/hackers being sore losers. Also I understand not wanting punished for takign care of your real life business, takign care of a kid isn't easy, and getting punished for it is just antoher stressful thing to add on. However, I think if you quit early because you didn't get your legend is a bit of a childish thing to do, (kind of liek you're throwing a temper tantrum,) and like all bad kids should get punished. Maybe with a spanking? Muahahaha >Standard smile...Okay that's not realistically possible but I think a small punishment should be implmented for leaving your team high dry.

(5) List of Possible Solutions/What I think is fair:

[1] Lets get the early quitting out of the way: You should get a message (kind of like the D/C message for timing out,) that says," You're not playing nice. Time out for (?) minutes, So take a break." Or a message similar to that.

[2] Sudden D/C or Hacker/Cheater Forced you out: No real penalty, after all you already took a few minutes trying to get back in, and also it wasn't your fault.

[3] You Time Out & D/C: Give them a reminder when they get back to the main menu place like," You seem distracted, maybe you shouldn't be playing now?"

[4] You quit during a game: You have ot fill out a forum/questionaire as to why you quit. Kind of liek the 'Cheater' options thing, except you can type into it so you can put out hte person's name if the reason oyu quit was becuase someone was toxic. PS: I don't find loot hoggers a valid reason to quit...Yes I know how you feel but still they're also trying to survive like you. It's just you weren't lucky enough to land near the loot or serach that loot crate/death box first.

[5] Or do the solo/duo option thing straight out.: After all so many seem to want it as a solution, but they'll soon find out they're losing a *beep* ton because they dont' have teammates or they're less 1 teammate, thus making themselves second guess if they really want this feature.

Personally I dont' care either way, if the want a penalty them maybe an experience penalty? Or not letting them play for a mintue or two or three? I' ma patient guy and I'm sort of used to going in solo since I always seem to get spam bots liek 70% of the timeI play...well more like 75% to 80%, but I want to be generous here. I personally won't quit even if I know it's hopeless against cheaters/hackers, and someoen quit for whatever reason, and I wind up alone. To me I always tell meyself 'this time I really should quit, I never get 1st place or even close. But then I remember one important thing. That's what the hackers/cheaters want. The less people the better for them and they can dominate the game all they want. So jsut to make their victory even more delayed I play. Heck one time I went in solo and got lucky, the last squad was only 1 perosn and a non-cheater/non-hacker. I managed to kill them as Bloodhound. I really loved that victory. See, never give up. So yeah that's my 2...er maybe not 2 but 50 cents is more accurate? I did say a lot after all. In your replies, please be gentle >///<; I don't like it rough...-Agent

Message 74 of 94 (467 Views)

★★ Pro

@jumanjaydazed wrote:
100% agreed @RichAC
Getting wrecked by hackers in a match doesn't really give me thrills to wait and get rezzed.

If ppl quit the match...so be it...man/woman up and take the other teams out. Ppl Complaining because they only have 2 players instead of 3...get serious! Shoot your * off and take the win!

Don't think you agree with me.  I'm for banning quitters who leave full teams before respawn timeout.

Message 75 of 94 (475 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Um...I'm not sure about banning...penalty yes, but banning? Why do you think banning is needed?
Message 76 of 94 (460 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I just played few matches today before going to work.

3 out of 10 matches: my squad mate is a salesman. He spammed his advertisements about cheat both in text and voice.

Solve this problem first before implement early leave penalty.

Message 77 of 94 (439 Views)

★★ Pro

@Agent188776 wrote:
Um...I'm not sure about banning...penalty yes, but banning? Why do you think banning is needed?

for habitual offenders.

Message 78 of 94 (405 Views)

★★ Pro

@d3adc3II wrote:

I just played few matches today before going to work.

3 out of 10 matches: my squad mate is a salesman. He spammed his advertisements about cheat both in text and voice.

Solve this problem first before implement early leave penalty.

Don't most spam bots quit before match starts?  You shouldn't get penalized for quitting a team with a missing member.  Only if you leave a full squad.

Message 79 of 94 (405 Views)

★★ Novice

What about scripting a penalty system that pairs DC'ers with other DC'ers...kinda of like, some kind of justice for being a nozzle. I mean, yeah, you can often get with those that don't have the reflexes of a cat or aren't teenagers or early adults with quicker reflexes that are 'great' players, they just can't shoot the broad side of a barn. They're still people. Just because they don't get the kill, doesn't mean they didn't do the work towards it in one way or another. DC'ers are a plague to the game. At the rate it happens, there definitely needs to be Duo's and heck, maybe go one step further and have Quad's (if we're talking adding more options to teams).

Also add in assisted kill meters. There's a lot of players that definitely do a lot of damage and totally don't get that little meter that says 'hey I helped do that dmg and assisted in the kill'.

Message 80 of 94 (388 Views)