We've Disabled the Leaving Early Penalty

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: We've Disabled the Leaving Early Penalty

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DadPhilly wrote:

???  U confused Snip?

Im a true blue squad mate, i always respect pinged loot and do not run away from my squad like 40% of the people playing this game do.

Those guys ruin the actual GAME, as in gameplay, not just a simple 25 second delay like a reque lol.

Nice try, and without even reading any contaxt at all! impressive.

Choose to stop being the problem and start being the solution. Snip

Message 21 of 94 (544 Views)

★ Guide

Flattery will get u no where, i dont bat for that team friend.

And wat problem? its all good man, dont fret.

No games have i ever Ruined, i leave before the game even starts or i am there till the end.

Me thinks u may be projecting your actions onto others here, thats just guilt talking, but dont feel bad its a new game with kinks, they will add char select que at some point just stay the course till then.

Cheers!

Message 22 of 94 (559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DadPhilly wrote:

Flattery will get u no where, i dont bat for that team friend.

And wat problem? its all good man, dont fret.

No games have i ever Ruined, i leave before the game even starts or i am there till the end.

Me thinks u may be projecting your actions onto others here, thats just guilt talking, but dont feel bad its a new game with kinks, they will add char select que at some point just stay the course till then.

Cheers!

I understand, I understand.

Message 23 of 94 (557 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Legitimate question rather than fuel for the flame war:

Is this just for people that actively quit or does this count if you’re kicked for inactivity? I have a 7 month old who doesn’t sleep well and since the inactivity time out was slashed the other week I unfortunately find myself back at the menu’s at least a few times a night, occasionally concurrently if he’s really struggling. I realise me vanishing for a couple of minutes to settle him is not ideal teamplay but still I’m not actively trying to be a d#!* and before you dropped the inactive timer I was usually back before getting kicked.

also, what happens when the wannabe Shroud hot drops you into certain death only to then immediately run for the hills without collecting any banners when the inevitable Mozambique situation plays out for two of us? Am I now seriously expected to sit there twiddling my thumbs for the two minutes it takes for my Respawn to time out because he’s too selfish to listen to two people pinging anywhere OTHER than skulltown?!

maybe make this so it only kicks in during char selection to punish people being pro-actively selfish...?

Message 24 of 94 (551 Views)

★ Apprentice
if admin or dev want penalties player leaver ....make sure you get rid hacker speeder,waller and aimbot .that bot chinese annoying spaming and talking loudly sure go away ....tq
Message 25 of 94 (546 Views)

★★ Guide

You guys would seriously add an early leaver penalty before adding solos into the game?

So you would rather punish someone for leaving than give them the option to play on their own and not have to bother anyone or worry about leaving when they want to

That absolutely astonishes me and im really questioning respawn's decision making. You will not be solving the problem you will be making it worse

Holding onto the idea that this is a squad based game and nothing else is hurting this game and will continue to hurt the game, perhaps irreparably 

Message 26 of 94 (538 Views)

★★ Novice

What the problem is, is people with bad connections joining a team game and gimping their group by being the leaver. I've won games as a duo with my partner but when you're up against a good group of 3 it would be nice to have your third compadre. 

Message 27 of 94 (537 Views)

★ Guide

@Grinder_No1 wrote:

Is this just for people that actively quit or does this count if you’re kicked for inactivity? I have a 7 month old who doesn’t sleep well and since the inactivity time out was slashed the other week I unfortunately find myself back at the menu’s at least a few times a night, occasionally concurrently if he’s really struggling. I realise me vanishing for a couple of minutes to settle him is not ideal teamplay but still I’m not actively trying to be a d#!* and before you dropped the inactive timer I was usually back before getting kicked.

also, what happens when the wannabe Shroud hot drops you into certain death only to then immediately run for the hills without collecting any banners when the inevitable Mozambique situation plays out for two of us? Am I now seriously expected to sit there twiddling my thumbs for the two minutes it takes for my Respawn to time out because he’s too selfish to listen to two people pinging anywhere OTHER than skulltown?!

maybe make this so it only kicks in during char selection to punish people being pro-actively selfish...?

I tested the penalty when it was active yesterday and there was no penalty after being thirsted even though a teammate was still alive, so there was no waiting.  Another game I left just before being thirsted and got the penalty.  Of course until they finish working on it and release the patch notes, it will all just be speculation

Message 28 of 94 (538 Views)

★ Guide

@ShadoWawker wrote:

You guys would seriously add an early leaver penalty before adding solos into the game?

So you would rather punish someone for leaving than give them the option to play on their own and not have to bother anyone or worry about leaving when they want to

That absolutely astonishes me and im really questioning respawn's decision making. You will not be solving the problem you will be making it worse

Holding onto the idea that this is a squad based game and nothing else is hurting this game and will continue to hurt the game, perhaps irreparably 

Yes, they are actually working on things that are in the game and not spending time on things that are not in the game.  Astonishingly sensible, I would say.

Message 29 of 94 (537 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@unogobangbang wrote:

@Grinder_No1 wrote:

I tested the penalty when it was active yesterday and there was no penalty after being thirsted even though a teammate was still alive, so there was no waiting.  Another game I left just before being thirsted and got the penalty.  Of course until they finish working on it and release the patch notes, it will all just be speculation

Sorry for forum ignorance: thirsted?

Message 30 of 94 (531 Views)