by cooperal1012

Original Post

Re: We've Disabled the Leaving Early Penalty

★★ Apprentice

"Leaving Early Penalty" this a great feature and mechanism XP+1 from me

Message 51 of 94 (642 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I like the idea of a leave penalty but the game is lacking a few other necessary things before it should be implemented. Chiefly it does not seem appropriate for a game that lacks any skill-based matchmaking.

A solo queue would be a more effective deterrent for serial leavers who are neglecting the experiences of other random players.

The current condition of the servers also makes the punishment unacceptable. I've had a good handful of disconnects on an otherwise perfect internet connection. Many games I've played have been incredibly unstable until a certain number of players/squads have been eliminated. There would at least need to be some sort of system in place that would discount leaves that are caused by server-side issues.

Also the punishment that was in place was too weak. Five minutes is nothing. A stacking/decaying punishment would work better. I am of the opinion that if someone repeatedly chooses to join the 'serious' queue, it is the players responsibility to uphold their own connection to a decent standard.

It is NICE to forgive people who didn't leave their matches intentionally but there's a thick line between having a rare accident, and repeatedly failing to attend to the issues you're suffering on your own end; joining games back to back at the expense of strangers.

Message 52 of 94 (626 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Man, I'm glad I've got a large group of friends to play with. 

Message 53 of 94 (616 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Don't you guys have friends?

A system for punishing people for leaving because some are incapable of making friends is stupid. Maybe if people are constantly leaving you, you are the problem and not the people leaving. But hey cause these people cry like children lets add a system to protect them. What a * idea and this game will end up the way over overwatch if they push a delicate * agenda. People will leave, they'll go play fortnite if you let the snowflakes run a muck, 

Message 54 of 94 (602 Views)

★★ Pro

@warslag wrote:

In case there's anyone else who like me doesn't know what the Leaving Early Penalty feature is.

If you leave 3 matches in a row with a FULL TEAM before your squad is completely wiped out or before your banner timer has expired and is no longer recoverable, you would then get a penalty of 5 minutes where you cannot join another match.

Nerd

sounds good to me!

Message 55 of 94 (594 Views)

★★ Pro

@DadPhilly wrote:

No.

The people ruining the game are cheaters and toxic marathon runners who constantly steal loot and abandon their teams.

Leavin the game because there is no match making or role select is perfectly legit.

The game shouldnt force me on a team with two other pathfinder mains, thats busted, of course we would rather reque

quitting on teams who are trying to win a match,  is just as bad as cheating.

Message 56 of 94 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I wish that players who intentionally leave games, on their own terms, should be held accountable for their actions.  I'm wondering...  If someone force closes Apex Legends, perhaps the servers can monitor this action?  In other words, when a player force closes the program, while in a game, packets are sent to the server immediately.  This tells the company that the player said, "Hay!  I'm a player who's unhappy, for unknown reasons, and I just force closed my Apex Legends game!"  When players do this, it will provide enough evidence that it was on their own terms.

Hopefully this will be up and running soon.  Thanks for working on the issue Respawn! Standard smile

Message 57 of 94 (581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what a load of cr@p with all these penalties.

As a good Samaritan stated before, its absolutely valid to have a character preference and choose not to play with any other character.

Start punishing people and you start losing players.

Freedom is the key factor.

Leave everything as it is Standard smile

Message 58 of 94 (547 Views)

★ Novice
i have bad connection,keep disconnecting. And also apex legends background download making line poor.
Message 59 of 94 (540 Views)

★★ Expert
100% agreed @RichAC
Getting wrecked by hackers in a match doesn't really give me thrills to wait and get rezzed.

If ppl quit the match...so be it...man/woman up and take the other teams out. Ppl Complaining because they only have 2 players instead of 3...get serious! Shoot your * off and take the win!
Message 60 of 94 (532 Views)