Re: We've Disabled the Leaving Early Penalty

by ThyLordAngel

Original Post

★ Guide

So, this is all i'll say before walking away from this post. It's getting heated.

@DadPhilly in many games, where it can take 10-15+ minutes for a match to complete, there is penalties in place. 1 person can ruin games for several people. 1 person should not be held over numerous other people. This game sadly does not have a solo, or duo mode, so they're intent is a group game mode, with numerous options.  Take league of legends for example (or any other moba) they punish people who decide to pick lane that they were not placed in, or leave the game. The reason they have specific lanes is because you can play a variety of them, and everyone can get a chance at what they want. The reason they punish people is because 1 person can mess up a 5 man game mode. If they leave, that 5 man team is now a 4 man team, and will struggle to play and win. 

You can complain, but your complaint will be ignored by literally everyone who can think outside of their own bubble. The reason these penalties are put in place because games die, the majority do not want to deal with  a small minority who ruin everything. 

tldr; you're just a toxic gamer. 

Message 41 of 94 (550 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DadPhillyRather than leaving matches when you cannot pick your favourite Legend you should instead find some regular teammates who use different Legends to you. That way you won't spoil other players' enjoyment by leaving when they pick a Legend you wanted.

Take a look in the Find a Squad forums https://answers.ea.com/t5/Find-a-Squad/ct-p/apex-legends-squad-en

Message 42 of 94 (562 Views)

★ Guide

Agreed.

But until Respawn actually has a stance on any of this no one is in any position for action against them for leavin.

It is currently allowed until i see an official response saying otherwise.

Even try to just get a mod to say leavin predrop due to char selection is frowned upon, not that they have a say in the game at all but I doubt they would even agree with u.

People want to play a char, nothing wrong there besides the game still missing the feature officially, but im sure its comin thrn we will see wats actuslly intended, lol.

Message 43 of 94 (561 Views)

★ Guide

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I have never been called toxic before man, thats a new one lmfao!!

im not the best player but i am the best team mate a squad could hope to have.

But i do see a lot of toxicity towards me here and its due to a fundamental misunderstanding of the game developers intentions.

Just wait and see.  If char select que happens at some point I was right all along, if it never happens and instead bans occur yall can be right.

Till then its just sour grapes for zero reason.

Just reque!  The game hasnt started man, u lose 20 seconds of your life total!  OMG!!!

And to the guy about teaming up, my friends are on console not pc.

I dont use discord.

I dont kniw how to add people from in game as friends, even though we havevtried several times.

And i dont play at regular hours do not sure the random forum plea for friendship is viable lol.

Wats wrong with just requring again?

Message 44 of 94 (544 Views)

★ Guide

It doesnt ruin anyones enjoyment when i leave predrop, i have a mic and let them kniw and say gl on next que!  

Its all good and chill as a work around until char select goes live.

Message 45 of 94 (541 Views)

★ Guide

@DadPhilly wrote:

It doesnt ruin anyones enjoyment when i leave predrop, i have a mic and let them kniw and say gl on next que!  

Its all good and chill as a work around until char select goes live.

Ha ha, that is funny.  It is easy to justify the wrong.

Message 46 of 94 (538 Views)

★ Guide

You are no team player at all. If you would be the best team player one could hope for, you wouldn't disconnect  instantly when you can't pick your legend. This is just childish behaviour.

Regarding your statement about time lost to requeue, you know what? If you wouldn't leave the match, people would not have to waste even those "mere" 30 seconds to requeue. I hope you get the same treatment that you apply, but at a 100000 magnitude, so you can see for yourself how fun it is to spend your time only requeueing.

Message 47 of 94 (536 Views)

Community Manager

We appreciate all the feedback everyone is providing here and we would like it to stay on topic as much as possible.

Obviously, going into a game with 2 in your squad (or solo) puts you at a disadvantage. We hope players don't develop a habit of leaving because their favorite Legend was taken. This reduces the amount of overall squads in the match and forces players to restart the loading process again. It's a great opportunity to practice with another Legend you're not so familiar with or use your second favorite. I've won some games with only two players from the get-go and those wins can be even more gratifying at the end. 

The penalty system was added in by mistake, but we have been forwarding feedback from the forums about players leaving and how to find a positive solution around it. There is one popular discussion here on it. We never want to make players feel like they're being "punished" for playing Apex Legends.

We should also be mindful of other opinions and avoid attacking each other because that is just not nice or helpful at all. It's also against our AHQ Posting Rules & Guidelines.

Like @warslag mentioned you should really try to take advantage of the Find a Squad boards and friend up with as many players as you can so you develop a good roster of people you can consistently play with at all times of the day. It will naturally help minimize the amount of times you come across this.

I was personally taught to never give up. Whether I'm in a game by myself, with another player or three, I'm taking down as many Legends as I can before the ring consumes me.

Blueberry.png
Message 48 of 94 (531 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@ThyLordAngel wrote:

tldr; you're just a toxic gamer. 

Steady now, that’s a bit strong. Regardless of the difference in opinion and the damage @DadPhilly or I do or don’t do to our teams when we leave a game on purpose or otherwise, of all the idiots you see on this forum that maybe deserve that description I think your wide of the mark this time. Everyone’s being more or less civil in this. If nothing else, Resorting to on-trend name calling doesn’t ever strengthen your argument.

Message 49 of 94 (514 Views)

★ Guide
Maybe it's because i'm a league player but, this is what i view toxicity as. I dont care if i'm flamed or whatever, but * like that on online games tilts me to no end.
Message 50 of 94 (506 Views)