Re: We've Disabled the Leaving Early Penalty

by DadPhilly

Original Post

We've Disabled the Leaving Early Penalty

EA DICE Team

So internally, we have been working on and testing this feature but it wasn't our intention or plan to have it go live with the update that went out today. There was a piece of script that was missing and caused the leaving match early penalty to be turned on when it shouldn't be. That's why it wasn't in the patch notes.

We updated the script, tested with QA and it's now disabled for all platforms. We don't have an ETA for if or when this would come out for real. Apologies for the confusion

(Source)

/Atic

Message 2 of 94 (2,519 Views)

Leave penalty for design flaw

★★★ Newbie
So logged on to Apex and started playing today. Left after character selection and was rewarded with a 5 minute time penalty. I play with one character and don't want to play with any other. You know those stats man. I put $500 plus dollars I to the game and now I'm being punished for a design flaw? By design flaw I mean is it that difficult to implement an algorithm that doesn't put people who have the same legend selected when they press play Apex in the same party and if someone isn't a certain character already you're free to choose any of the others. I'd rather wait a minute than be placed in a match I don't want to play. I can imagine many players now detaching from their squad dropping hot and going in to get killed right away.  A simple solution is have a place within the stats section that allows for total stats across characters. I'd be more inclined to play with other legends and it would solve a major problem. It seems EA went the easy route. To punish players instead of taking the time to implement features that the community would no doubt approve of. To say the least it's very off-putting. But there is a bright side, it gave me 5 minutes to complain. Maybe I'll do it more since I'm sure another 5 min penalty is in my future. 
Message 1 of 94 (2,239 Views)

★★★ Guide

Please for the sake of sanity, add solo mode first before adding a deserter penalty. There are so many toxic players and we should not be punished for abandoning them.

Message 3 of 94 (2,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

In case there's anyone else who like me doesn't know what the Leaving Early Penalty feature is.

If you leave 3 matches in a row with a FULL TEAM before your squad is completely wiped out or before your banner timer has expired and is no longer recoverable, you would then get a penalty of 5 minutes where you cannot join another match.

Nerd

Message 4 of 94 (2,461 Views)

★ Guide

Seems fair, the only problem is for those with bad connections or keep disconnecting.

Message 5 of 94 (2,445 Views)

★★★★ Guide

the "in a row system" does not work unless it kicks in at 2 and the penalty isn't slap on the wrist lame. 

some people with bad connections and annoying wives might get penalized in the mix but it's for the greater good

I'd suggest pentaly kicks in at 2 regardless if in a row or within a several hour period. starting with a small time out penalty and exponentially increaseing the time out every subsequent early disconnect, again, not based on "In a row" 

Message 6 of 94 (2,429 Views)

★ Guide

Bring it back, no reason to disable it ! It's much needed .

Message 7 of 94 (2,348 Views)

★ Guide
U cant add leaver penalties unless you can guarantee me I will always get pathfinder.

Let me select him and wait a bit, i leave any game someone takes him.
Message 8 of 94 (2,333 Views)

★ Guide
Yes, bring it back. It will force those ruining the game to move on or at least wait.
Message 9 of 94 (2,328 Views)

★ Guide

No.

The people ruining the game are cheaters and toxic marathon runners who constantly steal loot and abandon their teams.

Leavin the game because there is no match making or role select is perfectly legit.

The game shouldnt force me on a team with two other pathfinder mains, thats busted, of course we would rather reque

Message 10 of 94 (2,311 Views)