We need this system !

by TJ400000

Original Post

Re: We need this system !

★★★★★ Guide

@TJ400000 

Game. Developers need money giving people more free stuff keeps people from spending money seems like common sense to me fortnite has made it this long giving very few free things out the 45 packs I got for getting to lvl 100 is more stuff than fortnite has given me over 2 1/2 years and people still want more it makes  no sense to me 

Message 11 of 30 (388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@neillkorey wrote:

@TJ400000 

Game. Developers need money giving people more free stuff keeps people from spending money seems like common sense to me fortnite has made it this long giving very few free things out the 45 packs I got for getting to lvl 100 is more stuff than fortnite has given me over 2 1/2 years and people still want more it makes  no sense to me 

Lets look at Heroes of the Storm's Lootbox System;

- First of all HotS is a f2p game.
- There is more then 80 heroes in HotS, You can level up each hero unlimitedly. Whenever a hero leveled you get a lootbox. 

- Also there is a combined level and you get a rare lootbox at every 5 level / epic lootbox at every 25 level.

- Lets say you open a box and dont like what you get. you can reroll your lootbox up to 3 times with spending some golds (gold earned by playing games)

- Also recently they started to sell lootboxes with gold.

- If you get a duplicate u get fair amount of crafting shards so its relatively easy to craft skins you want.

But how they make money if they giving tens of thousands free boxes? They are selling monthly boosters which is only double your XP and gold gain per game. Also selling everything in the store with gems (gems like apex coins). Blizzard have managed to establish the perfect f2p system on this game.(It's very interesting when you think they're greedy Activision Thinking )

So my point is funding a game while giving everything for free is possible. And yes, I know APEX is BR, HotS is moba they are different kind games and HotS can be a little extreme in giving free stuff but it is possible to adapt something like this system to apex. Actually we don't even want too many free things like in HotS...

I also don't understand why people oppose free things. Some people are fiercely opposed to this. It's like they're making the money, not the ea.

and yes, I'm too poor to spend hundreds of euros on gambling boxes. before people start telling me that. I am also very hungry against cosmetic products. I want to have everything that looks shining and beautiful.  Large smile

Message 12 of 30 (372 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DrunkenDuck26 

I would be 100 percent for this you gave them an option for a revenue stream and the reason people are against free stuff is because it means less money people are spending on the game and without revenue there will not be support for the game  this is the first post that has given a way to get free stuff and still give the company money 

Message 13 of 30 (363 Views)

★★★ Guide

@DrunkenDuck26 

@neillkoreyYes, DrunkenDuck's post is awesome.

@DrunkenDuck26Actually I have been playing on Battlenet for 3 years and I think now it's time for me to enter HotS ~

Message 14 of 30 (349 Views)

★ Apprentice
Great idea, but you should be able to endorse teammates for "good teamwork," "good strategy" or "good strategic use of abilities" as well. Some people aren't very good at combat but are awesome with strategy and abilities and they deserve to be recognised for their hard work too.

Also, I don't think the game needs negative endorsements. The game already has a report feature to report people, and if these bad endorsements were added to the game, what if someone created 20 Origin accounts so they could get someone they didn't like banned?

Also, please don't give Pathfinder mains "Violation for being a bot."
Message 15 of 30 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@DrunkenDuck26 wrote:

@neillkorey wrote:

@TJ400000 

Lets look at Heroes of the Storm's Lootbox System;

- First of all HotS is a f2p game.

Blizzard have managed to establish the perfect f2p system on this game.

So my point is funding a game while giving everything for free is possible. And yes, I know APEX is BR, HotS is moba they are different kind games and HotS can be a little extreme in giving free stuff but it is possible to adapt something like this system to apex. Actually we don't even want too many free things like in HotS...

Alot of people may not know: HoTS was not a f2p game when it first came out.

It became free after it failed miserably against Dota 2 and LoL ( and still fail now)

I bought it after the hype. This is my #1 impulsive purchase of all time. Literally played for 2 days, went back to Dota 2 and never played again.

So I dun agree if you said "Blizzard have managed to establish the perfect f2p system on this game"  -> Released at full price -> failed to keep its players -> released v2 as f2p -> failed til Blizzard announced the cancellation of all tournament and stop further development . How can it be a game with perfect f2p system?

Message 16 of 30 (341 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Catbert45 

Thanks for the ideas of more positive endorsement oiptions, they are great, but I am sure there is a misunderstanding about the negative endorsement I talked.

The endorsement will only be available before your next match starts.

You see, you play your 1st game today, and you gave some endorsements to your 2 squadmates.

Then you play your 2nd game, and the endorsement bar appears that only have the squadmates for your 2nd game. So, even if you have 20 accounts, then how could you give 20 negative endorsements to the squadmets played with you only 1 game ?

Message 17 of 30 (310 Views)

★★★ Guide

@d3adc3II 

Actually, your input made some sense, because I logon to Battlenet everyday, and I idid not recall I have ever seen any signs that HotS is free. I meann, if it is free, then why haven't I tried it yet ?

Anyway, I sort of wonders if there are any F2P games that have the perfect system to give unlimited free items that also makes money.

So far as I know, Hearthstone maybe ?????

Message 18 of 30 (307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@TJ400000 wrote:

@d3adc3II 

Actually, your input made some sense, because I logon to Battlenet everyday, and I idid not recall I have ever seen any signs that HotS is free. I meann, if it is free, then why haven't I tried it yet ?

Anyway, I sort of wonders if there are any F2P games that have the perfect system to give unlimited free items that also makes money.

So far as I know, Hearthstone maybe ?????

I cant think of any actually. Maybe Dota 2? Rofl it does give you some * skins, but u wont wanna wear.

One thing: there is super heathy marketplace for it. People selling alot of pretty skins at dirt cheap price. By dirt cheap, i meant u can easily buy a decent pretty skin for like few cents to 3 dollars. So the players decide the price of the item, not the developer.

Cuz of the marketplace, new/ rare skins cost a fortune literally ( 50$ to few thoudsands dollars) sometimes u can earn back also, i bought a skin for 15$, it become 50$ 1 year later lol. 

But for Apex, the developer control everything, price is set by them so we cant do anything about it sadly.

Dota 2 is free but it is the game i spent the most ( should be around 500$ by now)

Message 19 of 30 (294 Views)

★★★ Guide

@d3adc3II 

Today I checked HotS again and it was free actually that I did not notice, but I won't play it on Chinese server as they don't provide other language versions other than Chinese ? Gosh I hate Chinese translated games, they are so weird and not original.

Anyway, I finally get on the correct path with the 1000 Apex Coins returned by EA support and I finally got my Season 1 Battle Pass and got everything I earned with my 59 levels ....

I am those who bought the Season 1 Pass and nowadays I don't know what is the problem but everyone on Taiwan servers are not higher than level 10 ....

Are those secondary accounts from old players, or secondary accounts from cheaters, or they really are only new players ?

I have no idea, no accounts with level higher than 10 ....

Message 20 of 30 (259 Views)