Re: We need this system !

by DrunkenDuck26

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@TJ400000

Hots is in english in Singapore. It doesnt worth it if u wanna start to learn the game now. Blizzard alr annouced Hots will only has longterm support, and no new update from now on ( or very little). U should consider Dota or Lol.

U often find low levels? R u on PC?
High level players fun usually pkay with randoms, they use Discord to pre form group.

Message 21 of 30 (465 Views)

★ Guide

@d3adc3II wrote:

@DrunkenDuck26 wrote:

@neillkorey wrote:

@TJ400000 

Game. Developers need money giving people more free stuff keeps people from spending money seems like common sense to me fortnite has made it this long giving very few free things out the 45 packs I got for getting to lvl 100 is more stuff than fortnite has given me over 2 1/2 years and people still want more it makes  no sense to me 

Lets look at Heroes of the Storm's Lootbox System;

- First of all HotS is a f2p game.

Blizzard have managed to establish the perfect f2p system on this game.

So my point is funding a game while giving everything for free is possible. And yes, I know APEX is BR, HotS is moba they are different kind games and HotS can be a little extreme in giving free stuff but it is possible to adapt something like this system to apex. Actually we don't even want too many free things like in HotS...

Alot of people may not know: HoTS was not a f2p game when it first came out.

It became free after it failed miserably against Dota 2 and LoL ( and still fail now)

I bought it after the hype. This is my #1 impulsive purchase of all time. Literally played for 2 days, went back to Dota 2 and never played again.

So I dun agree if you said "Blizzard have managed to establish the perfect f2p system on this game"  -> Released at full price -> failed to keep its players -> released v2 as f2p -> failed til Blizzard announced the cancellation of all tournament and stop further development . How can it be a game with perfect f2p system?

I've been playing the game since the beta period. The game came out as f2p(I know because I played it that way.), but not all heroes were usable like Dota instead they needed to unlock one by one like LoL. When the Founder Pack was purchased, all of the vanilla heroes were opened instantly. It was just a limited time package for those who want to buy all heroes with money. I'm not going to discuss why the game isn't loved by LoL & DOTA players because this forum is not the place for it. Hots is not the subject here. I just gave the game as an example.

Message 22 of 30 (453 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DrunkenDuck26 wrote:

@d3adc3II wrote:

@DrunkenDuck26 wrote:

@neillkorey wrote:

@TJ400000 

Game. Developers need money giving people more free stuff keeps people from spending money seems like common sense to me fortnite has made it this long giving very few free things out the 45 packs I got for getting to lvl 100 is more stuff than fortnite has given me over 2 1/2 years and people still want more it makes  no sense to me 

So my point is funding a game while giving everything for free is possible. And yes, I know APEX is BR, HotS is moba they are different kind games and HotS can be a little extreme in giving free stuff but it is possible to adapt something like this system to apex. Actually we don't even want too many free things like in HotS...

It became free after it failed miserably against Dota 2 and LoL ( and still fail now)

I bought it after the hype. This is my #1 impulsive purchase of all time. Literally played for 2 days, went back to Dota 2 and never played again.

So I dun agree if you said "Blizzard have managed to establish the perfect f2p system on this game"  -> Released at full price -> failed to keep its players -> released v2 as f2p -> failed til Blizzard announced the cancellation of all tournament and stop further development . How can it be a game with perfect f2p system?

I've been playing the game since the beta period. The game came out as f2p(I know because I played it that way.), but not all heroes were usable like Dota instead they needed to unlock one by one like LoL. When the Founder Pack was purchased, all of the vanilla heroes were opened instantly. It was just a limited time package for those who want to buy all heroes with money. I'm not going to discuss why the game isn't loved by LoL & DOTA players because this forum is not the place for it. Hots is not the subject here. I just gave the game as an example.

I think you're right. Probably HoTS came out as f2p , time flies, I don't really remember whyI bought it. Dun have much memory about HoTS, I bought it , played for 1 day and never played back. It's not because of the game itself, it's because I was very addicted in Dota 2 at that time.

Btw, as you also mentioned, it's difficult to apply such things from a MOBA game to FPS game. Skins are important in MOBA. People can pay much more for skins in MOBA than a FPS game, you and other players look at the heroes in entire match, usually people will commend on the nice skin someone got at the beginning of the match,

For FPS game, as soon as the match starts, no one really care bout skins anymore. I'm just curious which way to guys prefer:

- You need to pay real money to unlock new legend, like LOL, HoTs. The game will eventually give you something for free / or require grinding to get it free ( things like skins, banners)

- All legends are "almost" available for free, like what we have now. Skins require real money.

Message 23 of 30 (438 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@d3adc3II wrote:

@DrunkenDuck26 wrote:

@d3adc3II wrote:

@DrunkenDuck26 wrote:

@neillkorey wrote:

@TJ400000 

I think you're right. Probably HoTS came out as f2p , time flies, I don't really remember whyI bought it. Dun have much memory about HoTS, I bought it , played for 1 day and never played back. It's not because of the game itself, it's because I was very addicted in Dota 2 at that time.

Btw, as you also mentioned, it's difficult to apply such things from a MOBA game to FPS game. Skins are important in MOBA. People can pay much more for skins in MOBA than a FPS game, you and other players look at the heroes in entire match, usually people will commend on the nice skin someone got at the beginning of the match,

For FPS game, as soon as the match starts, no one really care bout skins anymore. I'm just curious which way to guys prefer:

- You need to pay real money to unlock new legend, like LOL, HoTs. The game will eventually give you something for free / or require grinding to get it free ( things like skins, banners)

- All legends are "almost" available for free, like what we have now. Skins require real money.

Personally, I would not choose either. I prefer a fully balanced state between the two options.

In fact, one day in the future, this game will have a lot of legends and a newcomer will have to grind to unlock them one by one. or pay for them just like LoL&Hots. And skins require real money gambling not like LoL&Hots at least you can buy what you want directly in those games. Yes they have to make money. But they doing it the way the gamers don't like which is bad in terms of marketing. People don't like and don't prefer to spend money on gambling boxes, but they like and prefer to pay money to non-p2w boosters or directly to skins, etc... In order to earn more money in the long run they need to replace the existing system.

Message 24 of 30 (405 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DrunkenDuck26

Imo, A Marketplace like Steam will solve this:

- Players can buy and sell their skins.
- Price is set by players ourselves. Legendary P2020 can not have the same price with Wingman. I predicts alot of new skins will be released in 1 year time. Therefore,ppl can sale of their old skins there as well.
- EA still earn a cut from every transaction made on the marketplace, just like Steam marketplace.
- Since price is decided by us, we also can not complain about the price ( it's price vs demand basic). The more transaction , the more EA earn so it's a win-win situation.
Message 25 of 30 (384 Views)

Endorsement system

★★★ Pro

Would be nice to have something like what they did in Overwatch so we can give credit where it's due whenever we're lucky enough to get a good teammate or two, might also improve player behaviour because humans seem to be driven by the obsessive compulsive urge to collect sparkly stuff whenever it's possible. Also it should be disabled for premades to prevent farming

Message 26 of 30 (403 Views)

Re: Endorsement system

★ Pro

This is one of the most solid ideas ive seen on these forums... how do negative points work? If theres a carrot for being good, is there a stick for being bad? So many negative points you earn a few hrs off being able to play? Match you with other negative players?

Message 27 of 30 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Jem450RPlayed Overwatch for a while and, to me, the endorsement system felt more like a sort of profile. I'd put something that profiles the players in Apex as well, but, instead of what the OP suggests, I'd put things that describe the type of playing demonstrated in that match (camper, chicken, sharpshooter, beast, carrier, legend ,etc.). Having some sort of indication of what to expect from certain teammates could improve the quality of a match.

However, the fact that this is a BR, where at least 57 people out of 6 are losers, will most probably bias the game towards negative endorsements, making the profiles be untrue reflections of players.

Message 28 of 30 (315 Views)

★★ Pro

Yeah, there's no need to create the endorsement system for Solo players to get mad at their teammates because they couldn't leave early. It would just create an unnecessary environment. 

Message 29 of 30 (274 Views)

Re: 2019.4.24 - We could solve many problems by having this endorsement system !

★★★ Expert

@xTomboyRespecter wrote:

The entire house is on fire yet you're concerned with the drapes.

Odd but okay.

I disagree, player behavior IS the fire.

And systems like this have a proven track record to be somewhat effective in games like OW, and MOBA's.

Message 30 of 30 (262 Views)