Re: We need a REAL answer from respawn on solo mode

by warslag

Original Post

★ Guide

Btw @warslag , Respawn has already partially coded solos.

1) When your teammates leave you no longer see them on the lower left hand side.

2) When you drop, if your teammates leave, you're solo.

That easily states, "we can make a solo mode."  This has nothing to do with cost effectiveness.  This has to do with small adjustments in the code.  Someone can do it while at work and barley have to do anything.  This is an obvious counter response to your response.  Not being rude but being honest.

This is a simple fix, an extremely simple fix.

Message 71 of 84 (491 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

it makes more sense to implement a good friends system rather than a new game mode. :ealight_bulk:

You do bring a very solid point!  That definitely sounds like a solid plan.  Large smile :eahigh_file: Thumbs up

Message 72 of 84 (484 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EvoCyberNation  And I'm not being rude, either, when I say I think you're deluded if you believe that solo mode is "partially coded" already based on that scant evidence. Tongue out

Maybe conspiracy theories should be added to the list of reasons for solo mode. :ealight_bulk:

What next I wonder? Perhaps you've seen a ghost who told you that solo mode should be in Apex? Raised eyebrow

Message 73 of 84 (469 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag ... Thinking Please talk to my Attorney in law... and just for your information, just because the doctors have me marked as, "special and crazy," doesn't make me special and crazy! Zipped lips As for the ghosts, they only visit me at night...  They told me that a solo mode will be be added...

What you posted had me laughing @warslag .  You got me (throws hands up as if waiting for the cops)!  Large smile :eahigh_file:

Message 74 of 84 (532 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EvoCyberNation wrote:

@warslag ... Thinking Please talk to my Attorney in law... and just for your information, just because the doctors have me marked as, "special and crazy," doesn't make me special and crazy! Zipped lips As for the ghosts, they only visit me at night...  They told me that a solo mode will be be added...

What you posted had me laughing @warslag .  You got me (throws hands up as if waiting for the cops)!  Large smile :eahigh_file:

Oh wow! I didn't expect that reply. I'm glad I made you laugh! Large smile

I really hope that you and everyone else has a really enjoyable time in Apex and that everyone gets the sort of new content that they will enjoy. :eahigh_file:

Message 75 of 84 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@EvoCyberNation wrote:

Btw @warslag , Respawn has already partially coded solos.

1) When your teammates leave you no longer see them on the lower left hand side.

2) When you drop, if your teammates leave, you're solo.

That easily states, "we can make a solo mode."  This has nothing to do with cost effectiveness.  This has to do with small adjustments in the code.  Someone can do it while at work and barley have to do anything.  This is an obvious counter response to your response.  Not being rude but being honest.

This is a simple fix, an extremely simple fix.

Yep, and solos didn't work they said. Just like the wall running. They tried it but it didn't work.

Message 76 of 84 (486 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@warslag ok so, you like squads and because of that, you like to spend money on it

Is it really so far fetched for you that some people, do not like squads and would more prefer a solo mode, so they like you can enjoy the game and then because of that, spend money on it?

I know, tough concept...

People leaving the game, is doing noone any good, people will quit at some point when it stops being fun for them, I mean when the game is dead and you spend 500$ on your account and it takes 15 minutes to find a squad, will you still be enjoying yourself?

And before you say, oh that won't happen! Look up Dust 514, My most beloved FPS game ever, they shut it down when the player base dropped below 5000 players, the game was too hard for new people to enjoy, they basically got the butts kicked by Proto Stompers (people in high level gear) like lets say you have been played Apex for 2 years and you have 1200 HP and new people have 200 HP (best way I can describe power creep)

Some people like squads, some people like duo's and some people prefer solo's...its not hard to imagine that.

Why should they add solo's, because it will sell more battle passes and you and me, get higher quality team mates in our squad mode, because we wont be forced to que up with people that don't want to play together with me and you.

basically, people who que squads, will play squads and we won't have shroud wanabee's that die 15 seconds into the game and leave us hanging.

Good enough a reason?

Message 77 of 84 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@IronWolf9k_YT  You are basically using the same justifications as before and they are as weak now as they were then.

Why would a developer work on content based on a promise from you, on a forum, that you will spend money if you get solo mode, when you're not spending money already. Plus, you're threatening to quit.

Don't you think they may see the success they had with squads as something to build on? Especially when they have players who spent money on the Battle Pass who obviously enjoy squads.

Do you understand that? It's the we-don't-like-Apex-and-we-don't-spend-money crew. Versus the I-love-Apex squads-and-I-am-already-spending-money crew.

Plus, the argument about teammates who may be a source of frustration is easily countered with a much less development heavy friends feature. Which we have already seen implemented in Apex and which could be developed further.

So no, you're "reasons" - which are not really reasons at all but are rather lame threats - are not good enough at all.

Message 78 of 84 (459 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag then i guess I'll keep playing the game, ruining other peoples people's experience all while you fund it for me. Thanks.

Message 79 of 84 (442 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Not sure if someone mentioned it but it might be nice to at least have a "DUO" Squad mode, just 2 player Teams at a time... Wink

Message 80 of 84 (430 Views)