Re: We need a REAL answer from respawn on solo mode

by IronWolf9k_YT

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@warslag ok so, you like squads and because of that, you like to spend money on it

Is it really so far fetched for you that some people, do not like squads and would more prefer a solo mode, so they like you can enjoy the game and then because of that, spend money on it?

I know, tough concept...

People leaving the game, is doing noone any good, people will quit at some point when it stops being fun for them, I mean when the game is dead and you spend 500$ on your account and it takes 15 minutes to find a squad, will you still be enjoying yourself?

And before you say, oh that won't happen! Look up Dust 514, My most beloved FPS game ever, they shut it down when the player base dropped below 5000 players, the game was too hard for new people to enjoy, they basically got the butts kicked by Proto Stompers (people in high level gear) like lets say you have been played Apex for 2 years and you have 1200 HP and new people have 200 HP (best way I can describe power creep)

Some people like squads, some people like duo's and some people prefer solo's...its not hard to imagine that.

Why should they add solo's, because it will sell more battle passes and you and me, get higher quality team mates in our squad mode, because we wont be forced to que up with people that don't want to play together with me and you.

basically, people who que squads, will play squads and we won't have shroud wanabee's that die 15 seconds into the game and leave us hanging.

Good enough a reason?

Message 61 of 84 (294 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@warslag i said i wont buy anything until they add solo, once they add solo I'll by the battlepass and even some apex coins, maybe a lot who knows, i play World of tanks and have spent over $700 on the game, why? Because they add stuff i want, until then i wont support Apex.

Adding solos isn't going to harm the game in anyway what so ever, its extra content how is extra content a bad thing? It will bring back those people that quit because there wasnt a solo mode and guess what? They'll spend $$ on the game too.

Look at the posts of people getting annyoed because the random(s) they were playing with quit on them because they went down right away, not a high enough level for their standard, didnt get their legend.

Who does that affect? Not the person qutting the match thats for sure, they will be in another match long before their original squad dies. Add solo would help alleviate this problem too, im not saying it will fix it out right, just help.

Message 62 of 84 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@MyCanklesHurt  If you haven't bought any stuff then why should they develop the content you want? And who would base their business model on the promises of a complete stranger on an internet gaming forum?

Like I said, I'm not against solo mode. But I'm happy with squads. So what arguments in favour of solo mode do you have?

Threatening to quit or to not spend money comes across as blackmail. Also, it's easy to avoid players who get on your nerves by making friends.

Message 63 of 84 (403 Views)

★ Guide

My wallet, the one thing EA cares about more than what customer satisfaction. I can keep playing this game for free, they wont receive a single nickel from me.

Message 64 of 84 (392 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@MyCanklesHurt wrote:

My wallet, the one thing EA cares about more than what customer satisfaction. I can keep playing this game for free, they wont receive a single nickel from me.

So if EA only cares about your money, and you're not spending any money, then why would EA or Respawn care about what you want?

I could understand them marketing and promoting their products to people. But to develop content, in a game that is based on people spending money on the Battle Pass and micro-transactions, for those who aren't spending and who are saying they will quit and boycott etc. - basically people who say they don't like the game - why would they do that?

Why would they develop content to solve a problem in squads that can be fixed by adding friends and making adding friends easier?

Lots of people are happy and enjoying Apex and spending money. Why would the developers completely diverge into a game mode that the refusing-to-spend-money brigade want?

Just a new map would probably please a lot of people.

Again, I'm not averse to solo mode, but I just don't feel it's necessary and you haven't explained why you think it is necessary in a way that is at all convincing.

Message 65 of 84 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Because any point we make in favor of adding solo mode someone will come argue it with 'find friends'.

Some people cant make friends and some dont want to make friends for whatever reason, and because of that respawn is basically saying we dont care about that % of players.

A couple of post ago i said adding solos would help with the constant leavers that are rampaging through the game right now instead of adding a penalty but clearly thats not good enough for you.

Message 66 of 84 (368 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag , this is a easy response, "It makes the game friendly user all around.  This makes it friendly to solos and groups."  I would like the option to chose solo when friends aren't on, or group mode when friends are on.  The one thing I don't like, when friends aren't on, is players intentionally leaving, players that grab everything and go out on their own, players that intentionally try to hot drop the team, and players who shoot randomly all over the place to intentionally draw attention.  There are other issues but those aren't worth bringing up.

I'm not with or against solos, I'm not with or against groups.  It all depends on the situation.

Message 67 of 84 (422 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MyCanklesHurt  I don't think players leaving squad matches is a good justification for solo mode. There must surely be a simpler, and more cost-effective, way of dealing with that, rather than developing an entirely new and not particularly compatible game mode.

Anyway, I doubt the development of a solo mode depends on all of us arguing about it on the forums. It could be that Respawn have been working on it for all we know.

But, based on what I've read about solo mode, I'm not convinced it's necessary. I like Apex squads, even if there are some quirks that need ironing out. I would really like to see what is an obviously very slick development team put their efforts into matching what we have already for quality. Rather than a half-baked appeasement in the form of a pretty unfriendly and unnecessary game mode.

But who knows, perhaps they think that's a shrewd move. 

Message 68 of 84 (421 Views)

★★ Pro

@warslag wrote:

@MyCanklesHurt  I don't think players leaving squad matches is a good justification for solo mode. There must surely be a simpler, and more cost-effective, way of dealing with that, rather than developing an entirely new and not particularly compatible game mode.

Anyway, I doubt the development of a solo mode depends on all of us arguing about it on the forums. It could be that Respawn have been working on it for all we know.

But, based on what I've read about solo mode, I'm not convinced it's necessary. I like Apex squads, even if there are some quirks that need ironing out. I would really like to see what is an obviously very slick development team put their efforts into matching what we have already for quality. Rather than a half-baked appeasement in the form of a pretty unfriendly and unnecessary game mode.

But who knows, perhaps they think that's a shrewd move. 

well of course banning quitters.  ranked and unranked queues.  skill rated matchmakers...  etc...

Message 69 of 84 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@EvoCyberNation  Well I think it's a bit sad that you are incapable of playing with people other than your friends and that you need a specially designed game mode so you can play on your own. Raised eyebrow

It makes more sense to implement a good friends system rather than a new game mode. :ealight_bulk:

Message 70 of 84 (416 Views)