Re: We need a REAL answer from respawn on solo mode

by Kdog_FivE-5-ni9e

Original Post

★★ Guide

@Kdog_FivE-5-ni9e wrote:

Yea then after they introduce solo mode people will complain about something else. Then it will be not enough weapons laying around after deployment.Then not enough content.Etc,Etc...Think they are taking into consideration about people's concerns, But at the same time trying not to be just like all the other battle royal games out there.

A terrible argument. Why would you not add something because people will ask for different things afterwards?

It does not negate or detract from what you have already added. You simply add it and then move onto the next thing

Just because i may want a new map after they introduce solos does not mean that adding solos was a bad idea or not worth it. It just means you satisfied that area and now you need to address others

If you never add anything the game goes nowhere and people stop playing, which is already beginning to happen

Message 51 of 84 (346 Views)

★★ Guide

@nanashi83 wrote:

I support solo mode as well, but there's issues that need to be address first before they MUST consider this.

1. improve security against cheaters.

I'm playing in asia server, and the amount of cheaters are freaking ridiculous, Godly tracking and snap aiming, someone even track your head while you're walking behind a wall.
2. The server stability.
Have you ever landed and walk veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly, and have someone shot you while u struggle to move?, yes, that's also a problem.

3. The amount of crashed or dc still exist, even if its low.
played a couple of games with friends, 3 more squad to finish, and my friend's game crash. its 2 vs everyone else  and we lose (ofc, we're not shroud or dizzy lol).

All and all, again I said i agreed for solo mode, because not everyone is a team player.
people dcing after getting downed, or suddenly you start with the game ALONE coz everyone else in your team is dcing even before the jump start.Or having a Shroud wannabe running around without regarding position, teammate or equipment.

there are more reason to add solo mode rather than NOT.

well, this is my experience for having 400++ hours in apex,don't know about you guys.

Yea they will constantly need to address cheaters and performance issues but that shouldnt stop them from releasing new content

Solo mode could be added in a day if they wanted to do it, they just choose not to

They probably even tested it before the game came out so just put it in and let the players determine whether or not it works in apex

Message 52 of 84 (343 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@ShadoWawker You are comedy gold. More hypocrisy to.

I'll leave you here to stew over why. Good day to you.

Message 53 of 84 (332 Views)

★ Apprentice
They will add a "solo" mode for ShadoWawker and everyone who wants solo. It will be a campaign mode with a bunch of hardcore AI bots to play with.
Message 54 of 84 (440 Views)

★★ Guide

@Kdog_FivE-5-ni9e wrote:
They will add a "solo" mode for ShadoWawker and everyone who wants solo. It will be a campaign mode with a bunch of hardcore AI bots to play with.

They should add a mode with bots so that you can practice and learn how to play the game without getting carried 

You are clearly one of the people i see all the time who are against solos because they're bad at the game and know they cant compete in solos so they try to block it for everyone else

Message 55 of 84 (433 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
"They should add a mode with bots so that you can practice and learn how to play the game"
This is also a VERY GOOD feature.
Message 56 of 84 (415 Views)

★ Guide

@warslag i would support this game financially IF they add a solo mode. If im not playing with friends my round last all of 1 min after i land because ever random thinks hes * shroud and drops at skulltown or where ever the hot drop is.

If they ever add a leavers penalty they are going to drive more of their player base away, and then soon you'll be matched with the same groups of people over and over again.

Respawn better smarten up soon, they refuse to add a solo mode and they cant/wont deal with the rampant hackers/cheaters that plauge this game, it's recipe to lose majority of your playerbase that does support your game.

Message 57 of 84 (385 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MyCanklesHurt  Apex generates income from Battle Pass and micro-transactions. Why would respawn develop a game mode for players who don't buy anything, and who are always saying they are going to quit?

I, on the other hand, do enjoy squads, I do have the Battle Pass, and the longer I play Apex the more I will spend on the game.

Tell me, which of us do you think they will develop content for?

Now, I'm not saying I'm totally against solo mode. But I am against the reasons given for having it by the desperate-for-solo-mode crowd. If you could give some good reasons for it that would be different. But bleating about quitting, boycotting, not spending money etc. comes across as militant and I don't like that. Those aren't good reasons for a game mode.

Message 58 of 84 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@warslag   ok so, you like squads and because of that, you like to spend money on it

Is it really so far fetched for you that some people, do not like squads and would more prefer a solo mode, so they like you can enjoy the game and then because of that, spend money on it?

I know, tough concept...

People leaving the game, is doing noone any good, people will quit at some point when it stops being fun for them, I mean when the game is dead and you spend 500$ on your account and it takes 15 minutes to find a squad, will you still be enjoying yourself?

And before you say, oh that won't happen! Look up Dust 514, My most beloved FPS game ever, they shut it down when the player base dropped below 5000 players, the game was too hard for new people to enjoy, they basically got the butts kicked by Proto Stompers (people in high level gear) like lets say you have been played Apex for 2 years and you have 1200 HP and new people have 200 HP (best way I can describe power creep)

Some people like squads, some people like duo's and some people prefer solo's...its not hard to imagine that.

Why should they add solo's, because it will sell more battle passes and you and me, get higher quality team mates in our squad mode, because we wont be forced to que up with people that don't want to play together with me and you.

basically, people who que squads, will play squads and we won't have shroud wanabee's that die 15 seconds into the game and leave us hanging.

Good enough a reason?

Message 59 of 84 (235 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@warslag   ok so, you like squads and because of that, you like to spend money on it

Is it really so far fetched for you that some people, do not like squads and would more prefer a solo mode, so they like you can enjoy the game and then because of that, spend money on it?

I know, tough concept...

People leaving the game, is doing noone any good, people will quit at some point when it stops being fun for them, I mean when the game is dead and you spend 500$ on your account and it takes 15 minutes to find a squad, will you still be enjoying yourself?

And before you say, oh that won't happen! Look up Dust 514, My most beloved FPS game ever, they shut it down when the player base dropped below 5000 players, the game was too hard for new people to enjoy, they basically got the butts kicked by Proto Stompers (people in high level gear) like lets say you have been played Apex for 2 years and you have 1200 HP and new people have 200 HP (best way I can describe power creep)

Some people like squads, some people like duo's and some people prefer solo's...its not hard to imagine that.

Why should they add solo's, because it will sell more battle passes and you and me, get higher quality team mates in our squad mode, because we wont be forced to que up with people that don't want to play together with me and you.

basically, people who que squads, will play squads and we won't have shroud wanabee's that die 15 seconds into the game and leave us hanging.

Good enough a reason?

Message 60 of 84 (232 Views)