Re: We need a REAL answer from respawn on solo mode

by Zedon73

Original Post

★★ Pro

"Oh yeah? Well im 87 so how long have you been playing games? You're the one who's whining kid get back to me when you grow up"

lol you win... This guy's a trip lol

Message 31 of 84 (341 Views)

★★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

@SixthOTD wrote:

Personally, I don't think a solo mode would be a good idea, but I just like playing in squads more than solo. Also, they would have to make a lot of changes to a lot of the characters, and to some of the loot. Either way, if they were did decide to make it, it would take a long time to develop.

I would prefer development time to be spent on improving the voice chat and social features as there are so many great people you can meet in Apex. But using the Origin overlay is just a little clunky, in my opinion. I'm sure whatever the team at Respawn do next it will be top notch. Standard smile

Seriously how much development time do you honestly think it would take to put solos into the game?

I think they could easily do it in a couple hours and thats probably overestimating it

Remove knockdown shields, change it from 20 teams of 3 to 60 teams of 1. Everything else stays the same 

Where is the time consuming high level developing in that? 

Message 32 of 84 (334 Views)

★★ Pro

Would you want every game to apply updates that way? 

I've worked in I.T. for almost ten years. We had a large company, about 1500 users or so, and we needed upgrade them to Windows 10 from Windows 7. It wouldn't have been smart to do this in a week, or even a month for that matter. There are different model laptops (Windows, MAC), different programs, different admin privileges, etc. that needed to be accounted for. Countless weeks testing, breaking things on purpose, seeing how certain pieces work with other pieces... The list goes on and on.

APEX is the same way. I don't get where people think there's a switch. There's not, no matter how bad you want. No matter how hard you cry about it. No matter how many posts you put on forums. No matter how many people you try to argue with. No matter how much you don't like it. 

It's. Not. Going. To. Happen. Until. They're. Ready.

They have three platforms, WAY more players than we had in that company, and a lot of pieces that have to work together.

And I appreciate them for that. I've seen what happens when something is unfinished, and it's not fun for the user base or the ones who have to fix it. 

Message 33 of 84 (329 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@jonesy0218 wrote:

Would you want every game to apply updates that way? 

I've worked in I.T. for almost ten years. We had a large company, about 1500 users or so, and we needed upgrade them to Windows 10 from Windows 7. It wouldn't have been smart to do this in a week, or even a month for that matter. There are different model laptops (Windows, MAC), different programs, different admin privileges, etc. that needed to be accounted for. Countless weeks testing, breaking things on purpose, seeing how certain pieces work with other pieces... The list goes on and on.

APEX is the same way. I don't get where people think there's a switch. There's not, no matter how bad you want. No matter how hard you cry about it. No matter how many posts you put on forums. No matter how many people you try to argue with. No matter how much you don't like it. 

It's. Not. Going. To. Happen. Until. They're. Ready.

They have three platforms, WAY more players than we had in that company, and a lot of pieces that have to work together.

And I appreciate them for that. I've seen what happens when something is unfinished, and it's not fun for the user base or the ones who have to fix it. 

Then why can’t they simply tell us this themselves? Why leave us in the dark with the simple bs excuse “it’s a squad game no solos”

Message 34 of 84 (298 Views)

★★ Pro

@Ge0hDude I completely agree! I replied to another post saying one of my biggest concerns is lack of communication. 

Message 35 of 84 (364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

• @jonesy0218 wrote:

@Ge0hDude I completely agree! I replied to another post saying one of my biggest concerns is lack of communication. 

Not the smartest move imo. I get that they’re a small team but not communicating with your player base is such a bad move when it’s so easy to do

Message 36 of 84 (362 Views)

★★ Guide

@Ge0hDude wrote:

• @jonesy0218 wrote:

Not the smartest move imo. I get that they’re a small team but not communicating with your player base is such a bad move when it’s so easy to do

Yes this would be extremely easy for them just post a few paragraphs on the forums or on reddit explaining their reasoning for not adding solos into the game

This will create a further discussion and give the community a chance to respond and change their minds on why solos is a must have in apex

Message 37 of 84 (344 Views)

★★ Pro

@Ge0hDude wrote:

• @jonesy0218 wrote:

Yeah, it's really hurting the community IMO. Personally, I don't care what they do when... I'd just like a roadmap of what they're doing and why they've prioritized it that way. They clearly weren't expecting the success of this game, so they've got their hands full for sure lol. 

Message 38 of 84 (336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I think you are playing the wrong game.

Plus before they explain that, they need to tell us why they haven't added dragons or tanks. 

Message 39 of 84 (334 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I would not mind solo mode however EA said this is team game and they have no plans for solo mode.

Message 40 of 84 (318 Views)