Re: We need a REAL answer from respawn on solo mode

by ShadoWawker

Original Post

We need a REAL answer from respawn on solo mode

★★ Guide

"Apex is intended to be a team game" is a very weak excuse for not adding solos into the game and its one that i and others have shot down time and time again

Respawn has an obligation and a responsibility to its playerbase to explain in detail why they are not adding into the game something so obviously good for it and something that many, many people want. Posts about cheaters and solo mode as far as i can tell are the two biggest topics on this forum

A lot of people ask for solos every single day yet there is no response and no reasonable, in depth explanation as to why we dont have it 

If their only reason is the one they stated then i would be extremely disappointed because that is just not acceptable. If they have other reasons then share them with us and tell us in depth why you are so against adding solos into the game

That way the community can respond and tell you why you're wrong and hopefully change your mind because this is something that needs to be in the game. We deserve a full explanation on this subject

Message 1 of 84 (1,297 Views)

★ Guide
Why are they obligated to tell you?

Why do you deserve to know?

Such entitlement. It's their game to make as they please. If you like it, play it. If you don't, don't play it. It's really simple.

You're not entitled to an explanation, they don't have to provide one.
Message 2 of 84 (1,280 Views)

★★ Guide

@tonycawley69 wrote:

Such entitlement. It's their game to make as they please. If you like it, play it. If you don't, don't play it. It's really simple.

Of course they dont have to provide one they dont have to do anything

But they should. I explained why in my post if you read the whole thing you would already know my reasons

Message 3 of 84 (1,270 Views)

★★ Guide

@tonycawley69 wrote:

because communication between developers and the community is a good thing, even if the answer is not what one side wants to hear. Why attack OP when he wants, what you want, that I want = to keep playing the game. Adding solo would add interest, which can help keep the game alive at the end of the day.

Message 4 of 84 (1,269 Views)

★ Guide

@ShadoWawker 

""Apex is intended to be a team game" is a very weak excuse "

LOL it's the only excuse they have.. since they can't back it up with any real facts.

@tonycawley69 

"Why are they obligated to tell you? Why do you deserve to know?"

Because they want our money..  lol

@Paneross 

"because communication between developers and the community is a good thing"

yea, what he said..  

Message 5 of 84 (1,246 Views)

Champion (Retired)

How is "Apex is a team game" an excuse when it's literally the only game mode? Apex is a squad based game. That's the fact of the matter. 

Message 6 of 84 (1,239 Views)

★★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

How is "Apex is a team game" an excuse when it's literally the only game mode? Apex is a squad based game. That's the fact of the matter. 

Its a squad based game because respawn has made that decision not because it has to be this way.

Every other battle royale has a solo mode and it works in all of them. It would work in this game as well but the reason they gave is an excuse for why they arent adding it into the game

Message 7 of 84 (1,202 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

To be solo mode, dev can't simply change from 3 players/team to 1 player/team.

They have to redesign, rebuild, recode, test the legends to be suitable to solo mode. If you're coming from game developer world, you know this's is a significant effort. Could take at least 6 months to properly create it.

If they finally create one after investing in a big effort, time & money, will this mode give more advantage?

1. Give uniqueness compared to other BR that make Fortnite player play Apex? Might be yes/might be no.

2. Give significantly more players?  Probably yes but not sure how many more, 5%, 10% or 20% more?

3. Give more revenue? Not sure how. 

The most important answer is an answer to Q#3.  If you know how, tell Respawn, then they will build it if the money is there. 

Message 8 of 84 (1,193 Views)

★★ Guide

@asukojo wrote:

To be solo mode, dev can't simply change from 3 players/team to 1 player/team.

They have to redesign, rebuild, recode, test the legends to be suitable to solo mode. If you're coming from game developer world, you know this's is a significant effort. Could take at least 6 months to properly create it.

If they finally create one after investing in a big effort, time & money, will this mode give more advantage?

1. Give uniqueness compared to other BR that make Fortnite player play Apex? Might be yes/might be no.

2. Give significantly more players?  Probably yes but not sure how many more, 5%, 10% or 20% more?

3. Give more revenue? Not sure how. 

The most important answer is an answer to Q#3.  If you know how, tell Respawn, then they will build it if the money is there. 

Dude i really hope you're joking because that is the only way i can take your post seriously. Tell me you're joking please 

Message 9 of 84 (1,184 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Some legends passive need to be modified for solo:

1. Lifeline passive : Combat Medic

2. Mirage passive : Encore.

Do you have idea what would be a great passive for them?

Message 10 of 84 (1,151 Views)