Re: We can't have Full XP in PVE or Server Browser, but Boost Servers are OK?

by CantGetRight

Original Post

We can't have Full XP in PVE or Server Browser, but Boost Servers are OK?

★★★★★ Expert

Come on DICE, this is getting out of hand. How are these players not banned? How are these servers allowed to run? 5 of the top filled servers in Portal are Ammo XP boost servers. I masked the names so I don't get banned again, but this is ridiculous at this point. Legit players get crapped on and scam players can get away with stuff like this without penalty.

BTW, this is all over social media. I recommend not even joining those servers like the streamers have. They should be banned too, one of them joined in on the fun while streaming. This is absurd. The minute one of these pop up, it should be shut down and everyone banned by MAC Address, IP, host, etc.

What is DICE going to do about this? 

Battlefield 2042 Screenshot 2022.09.29 - 07.32.05.84.png

Message 1 of 25 (1,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@AdamonicThey were so quick to shut these down at first. I guess they stopped giving a *. Just like we should just stop giving a * about this game and move on.  Also I don't even go into portal now only because it is either a boost server or hardcore server.  As far as I am concerned Portal is dead and it could have been so much more but they killed it from the get-go with when they removed full XP.

Message 2 of 25 (1,114 Views)

★★ Expert
@Adamonic Under what circumstances are joining any servers like that a bannable offense? There is 0 advantage to having a higher BP level or rank in this game. If someone wants to spend an hour getting upwards of 250k XP so they don't have to feel like grinding it when the weekly missions dont supply enough points to max their BP they can.

/Shrug
Message 3 of 25 (1,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Adamonic  Players should not be banned because the Portal Experience Creator can't tell the difference between a normal experience, a hardcore experience and a custom experience. Those XP farms must be shut down and forbidden. How they are still up is beyond me. This is a fundamental problem in the Portal creator. At most, those creators should be banned from Hosting experiences until Portal gets patched.

You can customize literally everything to your hearts content and still have FULL XP. But god forbid you enable default bots on your vanilla settings server, then you get restricted XP.

That's the problem with the Portal Creator. It does a poor job at defining what kind of server should be given what kind of XP. I've complained about this awhile back that Portal is filled with atrocious servers.

Imo, FULL XP should not allow changing of settings and should be tied to presets in the creator under the terms Normal and Hardcore. Both those presets should be DICE curated with Normal being fully vanilla and Hardcore being the traditional Hardcore experience. Both of them should enable FULL XP whilst disabling further customizing of settings and restrictions. Both of them must allow AI with FULL XP. Why is AI still not allowed in Portal? Essentially the only thing the Host should be able to change under these presets are the MAP Rotations, Match Tickets, Match Duration etc, that is all. A third preset, Custom, should provide Moderate XP whilst allowing changing of restrictions and so fourth but change too much and it should become Restricted XP.

Message 4 of 25 (1,084 Views)

★★ Expert
@S3SSioN_SoL I agree in theory to that, but at the end of the day, does it really matter? Does it take away from your prestige when you see someone with an S050 ranking when they would otherwise be an S040 because they spent time dropping ammo boxes, throwing grenades, or whatever?

Truthfully, I would be more bothered by it if the weekly missions alone could allow you to reach level 100 [or T1 BP if you can complete them all] but when they add in the FOMO and end-date to accomplish it + the badge, where a large portion of the tiers are tied entirely to XP gain and not the missions, I can't blame anyone for utilizing whatever method is found (outside of cheating/hacking) to get there if that badge/skin/cosmetic is something that they want to get.
Message 5 of 25 (1,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Anobix  My honest opinion, is that I hate the Battle Pass system and that it doesn't belong in BF. But to go into that would be to derail this post.
BF needs assignment based progression, just like BF4.
You progress by actually doing what you want to do.

My issue with the XP Farms is that you can't turn a blind eye to it whilst still ignoring the requests to enable AI for FULL XP servers because the argument against enabling AI, which was that people would abuse it, is now baseless.

Furthermore, CO-OP/Solo should allow FULL XP as well, why is it that FULL XP is allowed on a XP Farm but not in the intended experience. That is my beef here.

Message 6 of 25 (1,063 Views)

★★ Expert

@S3SSioN_SoL wrote:

@Anobix  My honest opinion, is that I hate the Battle Pass system and that it doesn't belong in BF. But to go into that would be to derail this post.
BF needs assignment based progression, just like BF4.
You progress by actually doing what you want to do.

My issue with the XP Farms is that you can't turn a blind eye to it whilst still ignoring the requests to enable AI for FULL XP servers because the argument against enabling AI, which was that people would abuse it, is now baseless.

110% agreed on that.

I detest BP systems, timegating things, etc. If progression for items/etc were assignment based like in previous games then I'd be much happier.

And agreed as well, if these servers CAN exist, then there's no reason to now allow AI Full XP servers. Especially in situations where people live in areas where they can't even get into AOW matches because their region is essentially dead. 

Message 7 of 25 (1,056 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I hope they will not do anything that affects portal servers where people play normally

Message 8 of 25 (1,018 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It's against the EULA and is considered cheating to play in boost servers.

My point is if those servers are allowed to operate without any repercussions, there is no reason why they can't activate XP for PVE, it would be the same thing. 

Maybe require AI to be on Medium or higher difficulty. 

Message 9 of 25 (997 Views)

Champion

@Adamonic 

I agree at this point just open it up for the PVE players, I mean what's the big deal?

I could care less about the "boosting" servers myself, the ranks and stats in this game don't track correctly anyway, lol.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 25 (988 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help