Re: We can’t find any available games for you, check your selection and try agai

by AHungryCello

Original Post

Re: We can’t find any available games for you, check your selection and try agai

★★★★★ Novice

I am on Melbourne Australia and share your pain - matchmaking has been terribly slow since the Mandalorian patch. I absolutely love this game but the Australian matchmaking is annoying. 

I have usually been able to get games - mostly Fleet Battles and Dogfight (Quick Match seems to be the quickest match, but you will ordinarily end up playing Imperial, which I find annoying as I am on VR). 

I just have to set the matchmaking running and make sure I have a book to read while I wait (and wait, and wait) for a game to start. Often takes 7+ minutes to find the first game. luckily I really love this game ...

Have you been able to get any games at all?

Message 11 of 22 (992 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I play from Singapore, SEA. Exact same problem as you guys. Only happened after patch 1.3 for me. It shouldn't have been a problem.

Message 12 of 22 (988 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here. Playing from Asia. 10 minute queue timeout right now playing during Asia daytime (no regional players) but 8pm PST on a Thursday.

This is a potential ‘death spiral’ issue for rest of world - folks won’t queue, leading to no matches, leading to no one queuing.

Second issue: when there is a match, it’s the same uneven matchups over and over. 

Please just release the regional valve into the main (US/Euro) bucket after 2 mins. Thanks! Really want to love this game. 

Message 13 of 22 (955 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i'm also facing similar issues... when me and mate join fleet battle (he's on a pc and i'm on ps4), it almost impossible to get more than 2 ranked fleet battle games within an hour!!! i'm in Malaysia btw.. and our play times are usually from 10pm onwards till 1am..  

Message 14 of 22 (904 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This is not an Asia-only problem, this is a worldwide problem.

Playing from North America set on crossplay on Friday/Saturday, I was managing to find matches only about 20% of the time over about 5-6 hours when I looked for "Fleet Battles Against AI".  (I was reading in between the long stretches of "looking tor match" timeouts.)  The first few matches I tried looking for New Republic missions, then I just set it at Random.  Timeout after timeout.

The first "hit" on a match was after 7 timeouts (ie 70+ minutes of waiting) and it was for a match in . . . Yavin. Little did I know that actually playing a full match would be the exception and not the rule - about half of the matches I *did* find were already about 1/3 to 2/3 finished when I arrived, so I was only getting a few minutes of playtime. 

I tried using "Quick Match" twice to make sure there was not a connection issue.  Each time was one of the very few moments in that 5-6 hours when I played a full match.  Unfortunately, both were Dogfights, which I hate - and to add insult to injury, one was of course in Yavin, the other was in Esseles.

My conclusion is that Squadrons needs a lot of work to be an effective multiplayer game.  Nobody should have to wait hours to play for minutes.

Message 15 of 22 (889 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Fleet Battles vs AI seems to have a particularly low population (unfortunately, as it a great mode). Fleet Battles and Quick Match are the two most populated modes - if you are having trouble finding a game, try one of those. 

Message 16 of 22 (858 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

good luck finding any game on PS4 with cross-play turned off Standard smile

Message 17 of 22 (822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I logged on today after 5 weeks of having no games, and thinking of every expletive under the sun to call the developers. After 7.5mins I got one game. One single fracking game, before it timed out again,and again. So now, timing out after several 10 minute searches in Quick Match and cannot get another one, and 1066 error again! What the frack is the definition of “Quick” for EA? Cannot get any fleet battles either, cannot fracking play! Are they * kidding!?! Operation 2 is live for no-one in the Southern Hemisphere, and update 3.0 fixed fracking NOTHING, you stupid ar$ehats! Fix the fracking game! d!psh!t dumbarses! See attached pics for proof! Should I be anything but angry after 7 weeks of this bullish!t? Tell me, how should a consumer feel?

Message 18 of 22 (778 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@zWolfishGrin I am in Melbourne and have been getting games over the past few days without too much trouble. I played Friday evening and Sunday evening and it was fine (3-5 minute wait). Where are you?
Message 19 of 22 (743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Okay, so Update 4.0 this morning (Saturday 12th December) in Australia. On PS4, with cross play enabled, and have spent 40mins trying to find a game, but getting timeout error messages every 10mins...still! Fracking fixed nothing still! See all my previous posts over last 7 weeks. This should NOT be happening! 

Yesterday, I managed to play one single quick match dogfight early evening...the first game I was able to get in weeks. Then not able to get another game all night....in either quick match, dog-fight, or fleet battles....what the actual frack? Prior to update 1.3 I was getting almost zero wait time. Was able to play people all over the world with zero lag or issues. They supposedly tweeked server settings that did nothing but completely frack it up for me. How has this not been addressed yet? WTF are the programmers/developers doing? I have new ships & cosmetics I can look at but can’t fly! Frustrated beyond belief.

Message 20 of 22 (679 Views)