Re: We REALLY Need a Leaver Penalty ASAP...

by RevenanT-G7

Original Post

★★★ Expert

I downloaded Fortnite today.

Respawn is setting a new standard on how to rip up your golden ticket.

Message 11 of 30 (399 Views)

★ Guide
@Silz616 I cared a lot about teammates until the solo mode got took away, now most of the guys in it have no interest in playing as a team so I've joined them, land where I want don't give a toss about anyone.
Message 12 of 30 (374 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@CAGOA33 wrote:
@Silz616I cared a lot about teammates until the solo mode got took away, now most of the guys in it have no interest in playing as a team so I've joined them, land where I want don't give a toss about anyone.

Solo's made it worse at least before solo's was released it was twice in Ten games that someone left. 

now it's almost every single game that someone leaves when they go lone wolf and die.

Solo's Event killed the team play aspect of this game.

Message 13 of 30 (363 Views)

★★ Pro

Agreed - Solos completely ruined any concept of "team." I played a game last night where I took out a team of three by myself, grabbed my teammates' banner, and he still disconnects. If your 30 seconds is that valuable, you should be a * millionaire. It's disgusting at this point and makes the game much less enjoyable if you're not playing with friends.

Message 14 of 30 (334 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't think Solo-mode caused this, people are. I could play Solo with a solo-mindset but join a "normal" mode later and play as a team... it's not related to the game mode but the personal behaviour/education/brains of the player itself.

Many people think that people over the internet, miles away from them, are just "virtual entities". They don't care about ruining the game experience for them, in a selfish way of thinking.

You can take a look at Twitter and see all those people flaming, insulting... just because they feel "covered" by the net. I think it's a common problem nowadays, and at some point game players are a bit like that ("I just don't care about others").

But don't give up, there's hope... just don't get dragged by that behaviour and stick with other players that do the right thing too. Wink

Message 15 of 30 (327 Views)

Champion

@NaRnIaaa wrote:

@GucciiWalletlast time i played solo, there were 3 people teaming up

Now this right here sums up the mentality of SOME players on this game lmao.

Can't coordinate on a TEAM based game mode....yet manage to do so perfectly fine on a SOLO.

You just can't make this shiz up. Nerd

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 30 (309 Views)

★ Guide
@jonesy0218 Maybe if you back out you cannot re-up and start another game for 5 minutes? And if it happens X amount of times in 24 hours then they are frozen for 24 hours and can't play. Something like that.
Message 17 of 30 (307 Views)

★★ Pro

@Wreck_It_Lopers Yeah, this is the type of penalty I was thinking of! At least wait until the banner expires, or if your banner is recovered and you don't get respawned in xx amount of time, you can leave. But we need something to enforce the difference between Squads and Solos. 

Message 18 of 30 (300 Views)

★★★ Expert

Harsh penalties are rarely good and certainly not the only way to approach this issue. Below are a few suggestions that might reduce the problem.

• Put a strike 3 rule in effect, allowing players to quit for a maximum of 2 or 3 times every 24 hours ( including accidental disconnections). Once a player exceeds the allowed quits, he gets a timeout of at least 15 minutes. The accumulated timeout of each player can be shown under his banner, getting reset only after a week or month of clean play and counting as an aggravating circumstance when that player gets reported for being toxic or cheating.
  • Double the XP for everything a player does after being respawned. Triple it after he's respawned twice. Double the RPs  if he gets respawned late in ranked (e.g. in round 4 or so).
  • Give more XP for picking up the banners and for respawning. Also, put more emphasis on these in the summary screen.
  • Add caretaker badges and dedicated skins and rewards (for each 100 respawns/ revives, for 3-5 respawns in a single match).
  • Add a caretaker game mode (Lifeline's limited time event).
  • Make the respawn ship also drop a survivor loot box which can contain basic armor, helmet, nades, backpacks or, very rarely and in late rounds only, a golden/care package weapon. Alternatively, some unique items could be implemented to come with this box only, like smoke grenades, flashbangs, stim seringes, knuckledusters (that could crack any armor except gold with one melee hit).
  • Enable jetpacks for a short burst for the respawned player, for an increased chance of escaping. Jetpacks could be triggered only when the dropped player or dropship are spotted/ pinged. Or, give the dropped player a 5 second window to drop, while the ship is also moving, hovering around the beacon area. 
  • Killed players could be thrown into the void, where they can float around see ghosts of other killed players and some of the trails left by the enemies prior their death. They could also hear voices, revealing some interesting lore, that could become more clear the more they stay in the void. Or to make it more interesting, all the ghosts or trails inside the void could be collected, filling a sort of energy bar, that could get transformed in a passive once the player is respawned (extra health, or reduced healing, charging or reviving times) or charge up the ultimate ability.
  • Optional badges to award your teammates at the end of a match. Could be: caretaker, sharpshooter, loot goblin, chicken, burden. Based on these, a profile (pie) chart could be generated and shown somewhere on the player's banner, to give a hind of what kind of teammate to expect.
  • Personal challenges displayed for each player in the legend selection screen, to improve team planning or a special team challenges per match that binds players together (like get 10 kills or 4k damage total, perform a finisher each, kill five as a team in under one minute, etc.). This challenge could be given randomly at the start of the match, multiplying the xp of each player at the end of the game if achieved, and only for players that did not leave early.

I can probably come up with more, but I have to go afk, real life chores Standard smile.

Message 19 of 30 (280 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@DoYaSeeMe And the community will exploit the crap out of it I bet. Leaving team mates to die deliberately, or dying deliberately. You're giving players far to much credit to how the player base act in game.

The best, easiest, most simple thing, is to flat out "time people out" after quitting more than 1 game in 24hrs, or take out the option to leave a match completely.

Same with drops. No solo drop option. No break off. You land as a TEAM. That point needs driving through what seem to be very thick skulls in a lot of cases. Even introduce a proximity to team mates buff/debuff. If you are to spread out, you start loosing health, or you get a damage reduction. The 2 who are closer get better damage than the lone wolf. Force people to stick together. Maybe people will finally figure out how to play this game properly, although I suspect people will just come here to cry about it.

Message 20 of 30 (275 Views)