Re: We REALLY Need a Leaver Penalty ASAP...

by Silz616

Original Post

We REALLY Need a Leaver Penalty ASAP...

★★ Pro

This isn't a whiny post because to be honest, I'm 28 years old and this is just a game.

But I do want to address something that would help the quality of life for everyone involved. In my opinion, ever since Solos was taken out, the amount of people leaving early, hot-dropping, flying solo, etc. has dramatically increased. I wanted to give it a little time before I came to a conclusion, and I think it's pretty accurate. I'm not going to bore you with my thoughts on why people should stay in a game, but instead, I want this issue to be addressed ASAP.

I can't enjoy 95% of my games because it's usually just me vs. 10 teams of three. I don't know about you, but those odds are against me because I'm not a self-proclaimed pro. If someone doesn't stay in the game until their banner expires, they deserve a penalty. It's an additional 90 seconds they have to wait with a chance of being able to play again if they get revived. Boo hoo. If I'm being punished by someone leaving, why are they not being punished by leaving? Solos let people get comfortable with not playing on a team, and now that mindset has bled so deeply into Squads that it's not enjoyable. I've been within three steps of grabbing a banner and a teammate leaves. It's ridiculous.

I don't know if these leavers are on the clock, bored, have somewhere to be, don't like people, are impatient, or just plain ignorant, but it needs to be addressed. I'd love to see stats on how many people stay until their banner expires. I bet the numbers are ridiculously low. I don't care what someone has to do, but you don't play a Squad game with a Solo mindset and get to ruin it for your team. I was against Solos from the beginning because of this very reason, and now it's being brought to life. I hope one of the bigwigs sees what's going on and either puts Solos back in permanently or implements a penalty.

Sincerely,

A Dedicated, Concerned, and Hopeful APEX Legend

Message 1 of 30 (744 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jonesy0218 wrote:

This isn't a whiny post because to be honest, I'm 28 years old and this is just a game.

But I do want to address something that would help the quality of life for everyone involved. In my opinion, ever since Solos was taken out, the amount of people leaving early, hot-dropping, flying solo, etc. has dramatically increased. I wanted to give it a little time before I came to a conclusion, and I think it's pretty accurate. I'm not going to bore you with my thoughts on why people should stay in a game, but instead, I want this issue to be addressed ASAP.

I can't enjoy 95% of my games because it's usually just me vs. 10 teams of three. I don't know about you, but those odds are against me because I'm not a self-proclaimed pro. If someone doesn't stay in the game until their banner expires, they deserve a penalty. It's an additional 90 seconds they have to wait with a chance of being able to play again if they get revived. Boo hoo. If I'm being punished by someone leaving, why are they not being punished by leaving? Solos let people get comfortable with not playing on a team, and now that mindset has bled so deeply into Squads that it's not enjoyable. I've been within three steps of grabbing a banner and a teammate leaves. It's ridiculous.

I don't know if these leavers are on the clock, bored, have somewhere to be, don't like people, are impatient, or just plain ignorant, but it needs to be addressed. I'd love to see stats on how many people stay until their banner expires. I bet the numbers are ridiculously low. I don't care what someone has to do, but you don't play a Squad game with a Solo mindset and get to ruin it for your team. I was against Solos from the beginning because of this very reason, and now it's being brought to life. I hope one of the bigwigs sees what's going on and either puts Solos back in permanently or implements a penalty.

Sincerely,

A Dedicated, Concerned, and Hopeful APEX Legend

A couple of months ago i was sure going to agree with you but now not anymore; until the game will be filled with selfish players who are not willing to share and help each other i will keep quiting until death.

What i see more often are teammates who just hoover anything from under your nose without even think about what you do need or don't and leaving you literally without a bullet/gun/shield.

Aother example are the ones who split when dropping or going solo and then looking for help when they fibally notice how useless they are. 

I am not bothered about this kind of people anymore and every time one of those things i've just mensioned happen i just quit, no matter how far i am in the game or how many kills i've got, he/they do not deserve any help! 

Message 2 of 30 (733 Views)

★★ Pro

@AWOL_312 I get it, but that doesn't help the game either... If anything, you can stick with the teammates who have loot, let them rush, and then get loot from the guy they kill. It's supposed to be a process. You're not going to rush into the action right away if you don't have anything. And there is plenty of loot in other places! 

Message 3 of 30 (728 Views)

★★ Guide
@jonesy0218 Tell tHEM Bring back solo's!!
Message 4 of 30 (693 Views)

★ Guide

Pretty sure there already is a punishment, you sit in queue and don't get into the first match.  I know because I've quit out of many horrible "teams".  Just double punishment, wtf.

Message 5 of 30 (685 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@GucciiWallet wrote:
@jonesy0218Tell tHEM Bring back solo's!!

Solo's made this worse, when the Event finished.

bring a PVE mode, where  teamplay is essential and playing lone wofl get you melted. Just like how playing 3 man squads are now.

Message 6 of 30 (652 Views)

Champion

More mode diversity really would go a long way to fix the issue so you're all spot on frankly.

But oh well...we'll see what they do.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 30 (648 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The system could keep track of some stats and maybe put players together: those with high ping, the ones who quit immediately... i don't know, just a silly idea.

Regarding the teammates who loot everything... usually I do that at the very beginning (if there are no threats) but then we meet and drop/share every item we don't need... marketplace on-the-fly!! Party hat

Message 8 of 30 (624 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@jonesy0218 I did care. I used to be as good of a team mate as possible with randoms. Now I don't care. I'll give them * for not sticking together. I tell them they deserve it when downed if they go solo, and I'll quit. I'm done baby sitting high stat players who have farmed those stats and still don't have a clue how to play.

Unless I'm with friends, anybody on my team I treat as a nobrainer unless they prove otherwise in game.

This community is sooo full of * cretins it's unreal. Most of this lot cannot even get their heads around playing as a team of three. We are coming up to close to a year in and people still haven't cottoned on to how to be successful.

I'd love a harsh leaver penalty though, or not give people the option to quit at all, as well as taking out the option to break from your team. You follow the JM all the way to landing. No solo drop. No breaking off early. You drop and land together.

Message 9 of 30 (592 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@GucciiWalletlast time i played solo, there were 3 people teaming up

Message 10 of 30 (573 Views)