We Need Cross-Play in Apex Legends Asap !!!

by DeviIEye

Original Post

Re: We Need Cross-Play in Apex Legends Asap !!!

★ Guide
I'm slightly concerned by this. I've never been sure of seeing a cheater on ps4, crossplay at the moment could lower how clean the experience is on ps4. Plus balancing the ability of console vs pc players? I don't even know how someone would go about that.
Message 11 of 31 (914 Views)

★★ Guide

@Pugplays76 wrote:

youre out of your mind if you think its a good idea for consoles to be mixed with pc. youll get mopped up instantly. 

Most games that allow crossplay like fortnite have it so pc players have it enabled and it's usually used so you can play with your friends. Opening it up completely of course is a bad idea and most likely would never happen.

Message 12 of 31 (898 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Does anyone remember shadow run and it is not the mnk that destroys console player it is the frames it is much easier to play on pc with controller than it is on console vs high end PCs 

all that hat being said average controller players will leave the day it happens because they will not be able to even put up a fight and good mnk users are just as good as great controller player and great mnk users are untouchable to any controller players

Message 13 of 31 (858 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@neillkoreyI don't know whether you played GTA V when it was first out, but controllers were easily beating MNK users due to the powerful aim-assist. I seem to remember similar complaints in BF1 as well. GTA V allowed player to choose lobbies by selecting which type of aim-assist style lobby they joined from no aim-assist, partial aim-assist to full aim-assist.

Message 14 of 31 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@warslag 

Gta is not a fair comparison because the aim assist in gta is lock on which is no difference than aim bots that’s why I used shadow run as an example 

bf1 was bad players complaining not good ones and bad players will always complain because they can not fathom that people are better than them

Message 15 of 31 (843 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@neillkoreyWell, I agree with what you said that console controller users will struggle against MNK users. So full aim-assist would seem to be a given, if it were ever necessary to match those controller types together. Otherwise it would have to be like for like controllers matched in cross platform lobbies/servers.

Also, regarding BF1. I seem to remember that the console controllers were tweaked in a patch:

"Aim Assist
An update has also been made to the controller Aim Assist system in BF1. We now require the player to be actively giving aim input in order to get aim assistance. It was possible in some previous cases to get help on a target when simply strafing past them, which was unintentional. We’ve also exposed additional control options on console, including the ability to tweak the central dead zone. Please note that setting the dead zone too small may introduce unintentional aim movement. We have not made any adjustments to the snap-to-target feature of our Aim Assist. While we are aware there are players who are actively petitioning for the reduction or removal of Aim Assist, we feel that this would be to the detriment of the global player community. As this is an area of high passions, we expect additional feedback on our Aim Assist systems to surface, and we are open to that feedback. We are especially interested in appealing to those players who wish to play without assists, and are sensitive to their needs."

Reading those patch notes I think there is more to this discussion than just assuming that PC/MNK would reign supreme over consoles/console controllers. I think it's a good idea to have some choice in which lobbies players wish to play in as in GTA V. Just my opinion, though. Standard smile

Message 16 of 31 (831 Views)

★ Guide

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@Jimmahwd wrote:

Who's we?

Console and PC should never play against each other in games like this.

I play console with my son but mainly game on PC.

PC players will murder Console players.

To cross platform against PC is the best way to have your game die.

Unless it is purely optional.

Well actually, some console players (like me) play on servers infested with MKB players.

I'm able to keep up pretty well, you should check out NiceWigg on Twitch, he plays on PC with an Xbox controller and completely destroys PC players.

Anyway, if crossplay is a thing, they will do the same as what Fortnite does, if you use MKB, you get into PC lobbies, and if you use controller, you get into console lobbies.

As far as MnK adapters on Xbox, MS has the code in their APIs for developers to disable these devices. If Apex XBox players feel this is unfair they should petition Respawn to implement that. Microsoft's position is that these devices assist those with disabilities ti play the games. That is why they allow them and leave it to the developers.

Re: cross-play, Yes to XBOX vs Playstation, no to PCs.

The only way I sould agree with this is

1. Anti-cheat is proven to work.

2. PC users who "choose" to play Cross-platform must use a controller. (I am not sure how you would implement that)

Message 17 of 31 (809 Views)

★ Guide

@SethCurry wrote:
No thanks buddy.... Keep PC away from console , if you wanna play with your buddies buy a console which are cheap considering how long they’ve been out... Especially since the cheater epidemic happening on pc... Stay over there at PC master race

Agreed, I have a 1st gen XBOX One and Apex plays perfectly on it. These things are cheep used.

Message 18 of 31 (809 Views)

★ Guide
I hope they never do PC console crossplay. I 'm not afraid of PC players skill wise, but I am afraid of dealing with all of the PC hackers. Console to console cross play would be cool, but not with PC.
Message 19 of 31 (806 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Allow cross-play so console players can get all the cheaters as well woohoo!!

Message 20 of 31 (795 Views)