We Need Cross-Play in Apex Legends Asap !!!

by DeviIEye

Original Post

Re: We Need Cross-Play in Apex Legends Asap !!!

★★★★★ Newbie

A me sembra giustissimo bisogna tag il cross play

Message 21 of 31 (581 Views)

★★★ Expert

@ClifraJones wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@Jimmahwd wrote:

Who's we?

Console and PC should never play against each other in games like this.

I play console with my son but mainly game on PC.

PC players will murder Console players.

To cross platform against PC is the best way to have your game die.

Unless it is purely optional.

Well actually, some console players (like me) play on servers infested with MKB players.

I'm able to keep up pretty well, you should check out NiceWigg on Twitch, he plays on PC with an Xbox controller and completely destroys PC players.

Anyway, if crossplay is a thing, they will do the same as what Fortnite does, if you use MKB, you get into PC lobbies, and if you use controller, you get into console lobbies.

As far as MnK adapters on Xbox, MS has the code in their APIs for developers to disable these devices. If Apex XBox players feel this is unfair they should petition Respawn to implement that. Microsoft's position is that these devices assist those with disabilities ti play the games. That is why they allow them and leave it to the developers.

Re: cross-play, Yes to XBOX vs Playstation, no to PCs.

The only way I sould agree with this is

1. Anti-cheat is proven to work.

2. PC users who "choose" to play Cross-platform must use a controller. (I am not sure how you would implement that)

Dunno about Xbox, i'm on PS4 and my server is crawling with MKB players.

I play at night, from midnight to 4 AM and especially in that time-slot about half of players are mouse lords, if not more.

I don't mind that much tho, feels more rewarding downing mouse players.

Message 22 of 31 (567 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Not true. PC players were complaining about playing with console players on Fortnite because they were getting murdered. They also did a video on Overwatch the number 1 pc widow vs console widow and they were even. 

Message 23 of 31 (534 Views)

★ Novice

Treu

Message 24 of 31 (494 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Xbox/PS4 crossplay would be nice but PC/Console.... No Way!

Message 25 of 31 (482 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's all gonna merge eventually op. Resistance is irrelevant 

Message 26 of 31 (468 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I want this too, and yes it's actually a good idea. Look at CoD MW and their cross play. They have you only play with mouse and keyboard users if that's your current input and controller play with controller players only. I for one and know plenty of people who want cross play to happen no matter what.

Message 27 of 31 (393 Views)

★★ Expert

M&K would be an issue but I've been on PC for a few weeks now and I gotta say, most average PC users are decent with a mouse compared to those I come across on console using a controller. I guess the main issue there would just be for the top players on each system but I doubt those players would want to play Ranked with a mix of console/PC and stick to casual for that. 

I feel the main issue for console would be having someone zip zob through the map to place a bullet in their head before disappearing into the distant (cheaters/hackers). 

I would welcome it for a LTM to see how it plays out and pit my controller skills against PC. 

Message 28 of 31 (381 Views)

Anonymous

You got your wish and it sucks. I have been spectating cheaters the whole day. Why anyone thought this would be fun is beyond me. And I have no choice because I don't think console gamers know how to switch crossplay off. I can't find games. Urghhh I hate this crap

Message 29 of 31 (275 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Crossplay would be a good trial. No harm done with ability to disable it, just means longer wait time. Playerbase is big enough.

A good bright side to this. Console player might have PC team mates too and appreciate being in a tougher lobby but at least with team mates that communicate. I don't want to be bias and say PC players are more mature and communicate more as it is based on experience from Battlefield games on PC and console I played without having any demographic statistics to back that up.

Would you rather be in a low skill lobby with low skill team mates...or high skill lobby with high skill team mates. The latter feels more rewarding.

But I do appreciate console players don't like the cheating. The cheats on console is only Mouse and Keyboard XIM or devices that let you add scripts per weapon to reduce recoil with rapid single fire (It can't track moving targets, so its self-aim anyway). But console has no wall hack and no aimbot hack. So cheating is lesser degree.

Message 30 of 31 (257 Views)