Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Waypoints in freeplay mode

by scotsking
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Waypoints in freeplay mode

★ Pro

You can bring up the map while you fly sure your not going fast but it keeps your jets cooler longer and you get to see the map while flying,  sure it may not be ideal but these complaints about having to stop what you are doing to look at the map are silly.

Message 11 of 17 (125 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Waypoints in freeplay mode

★★★ Guide

I for one would like a spawnpoint in each area, i mean why not, so annoying if you get downed because your ultimate refuses to pop... because ofc it doesnt brake stun... but thats another discussion, its really no fun having to fly halfway across the map because for some arbitrary reason you dont always spawn at the closest spawnpoint.

 

so yeah that too, and yeah mapmarkers wouldnt hurt, not that hard to implement so we can drop a few.

Message 12 of 17 (118 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Waypoints in freeplay mode

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

I understood it was on the 'nice to have' list, but other roadmap items are of higher priority.

 

From a personal perspective, I've now flown around the map so much that I truly don't need waypoints to find my way to any particular place, (probably a sad admission)

 

What would people use waypoints for exactly as missions have them?


I figure hidden chests, lore items, enemies they are having a difficult time with that aren't normally labeled, a huge spawn  cluster of crafting supplies, an enemy spawn area that is not labeled as an event, and areas they may not be familiar with or know their group would not be where they could just call out a general description and their group be like "oh yea i know where that tower is"

Message 13 of 17 (110 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Waypoints in freeplay mode

★★★ Apprentice

@Owl_Knighly wrote:

You can bring up the map while you fly sure your not going fast but it keeps your jets cooler longer and you get to see the map while flying,  sure it may not be ideal but these complaints about having to stop what you are doing to look at the map are silly.


You're joking right? A complaint... a feature that is in every game that has an open world. A simple feature that is in actual missions in the game. 

 

Your argument is kind of "silly" man. Telling me that it's fine and I should deal with it. Just because the javelin will auto fly straight while you look at something else.

 

Becuase You have learned the map and routes does not mean everyone else has wasted countless hours in free play learning this god awful map layout. 

Let me guess you are more concerned about loot like decals and cosmetic?  

 

Congrats you triggered me!

 

Message 14 of 17 (100 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Waypoints in freeplay mode

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@twotoeMJ wrote:

@Owl_Knighly wrote:

You can bring up the map while you fly sure your not going fast but it keeps your jets cooler longer and you get to see the map while flying,  sure it may not be ideal but these complaints about having to stop what you are doing to look at the map are silly.


You're joking right? A complaint... a feature that is in every game that has an open world. A simple feature that is in actual missions in the game. 

 

Your argument is kind of "silly" man. Telling me that it's fine and I should deal with it. Just because the javelin will auto fly straight while you look at something else.

 

Becuase You have learned the map and routes does not mean everyone else has wasted countless hours in free play learning this god awful map layout. 

Let me guess you are more concerned about loot like decals and cosmetic?  

 

Congrats you triggered me!

 


Never said "deal with it or it's fine" near said those words but since your triggered (which I guess you must be triggered easily) I'm not going to attempt a actually response because it's hot going to go anywhere, I don't even owe you.

 

QQ some more please. 

 

No I have fun just playing to game I don't worry about loot or looks I like how the game plays and I enjoy how I play it. 

 

 

But thanks for putting words in my mouth and assuming what I like about the game.

 

 

Also where did I say I learned the map. Why would I have to open the map if I knew it?

Message 15 of 17 (96 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Waypoints in freeplay mode

★★★ Apprentice
Bye felicia
Message 16 of 17 (87 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Waypoints in freeplay mode

★ Pro

@twotoeMJ wrote:
Bye felicia

My name isn't Felicia, and I'm a guy so....... who's Felicia?

Message 17 of 17 (82 Views)
Twitter Stream