Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Waypoints in freeplay mode

by scotsking

Original Post

Highlighted

Waypoints in freeplay mode

★★★★ Novice

Having played for several hours was wondering if it would be possible to set a custom waypoint when in freeplay mode? Or a least be able to set a waypoint for a dungeon. Having to stop & keep checking the map to make sure that you are going in the right direction is not always easy. Does anyone else think this would be useful?

Message 1 of 17 (710 Views)

Re: Waypoints in freeplay mode

★★★★ Novice

I totally agree, the inability to set a waypoint was frustrating in freeplay.

Message 2 of 17 (673 Views)

★★★★ Guide

A way point and a way to mark high priority enemies would be nice.

Message 3 of 17 (669 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Nice. I had that on my list of "hopefuls" -features that make it into the final release-, but I never got around to making my critique post due to playtime being cut short by infinite loading screens.
Message 4 of 17 (668 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

someone on reddit made a post listing out as much of the information they could find about what devs have said in regards to some things

as for waypoints in freeplay they said not at launch. Theres no source to it on the reddit post, but i will link the reddit post for those who wish to see the list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/alq90d/the_big_fat_list_of_notat_launch_statements_a...

take all of that with whatever grain of salt you wish, ive read about alot of the list just from googling

Message 5 of 17 (655 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

How can they not have this for launch??  One of the biggest annoyances in the whole game IMO.

Message 6 of 17 (618 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's almost may now and still now waypoints... sad.

Message 7 of 17 (406 Views)

★ Apprentice

@scotsking wrote:

Having played for several hours was wondering if it would be possible to set a custom waypoint when in freeplay mode? Or a least be able to set a waypoint for a dungeon. Having to stop & keep checking the map to make sure that you are going in the right direction is not always easy. Does anyone else think this would be useful?

To me the way point issues is on par with the no stat sheet. These are things that have been in games for over 20 years (give or take). 

To piggy back off the free play, where is the fast travel? Dropping into a match and the other freelancer is 5 areas Way. Is kind of silly.

Message 8 of 17 (380 Views)

I understood it was on the 'nice to have' list, but other roadmap items are of higher priority.

From a personal perspective, I've now flown around the map so much that I truly don't need waypoints to find my way to any particular place, (probably a sad admission)

What would people use waypoints for exactly as missions have them?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 9 of 17 (368 Views)

★ Apprentice

Personally, I can agree it not top priority. However, like you mentioned, "it's in the missions." Becuase its helpful to getting around the map and not stuck in a corner. Flying around looking for a way to the next zone is not very fun game play. This is why they had them in the mission to get you to where you wanted to go the fastest. 

This would still and should still hold true in freeplay as you are not flying around looking at nature and the waterfalls but heading to the next takeover area to kill the bad guys. 

Maybe if the map was not a complete "trash can" sketch, I would not need them as much. But the fact of the matter is, jumping back and forth from map to fly to find your way is just silly. 

Waypoint would be an easy improvement 

Maybe also a map that can be sized down so you can fly and have the map up at the same time. Not fun being shot at while having the map up. 

But to bring us back a little. The real issues are not with QoL improvements in the games at this point. But I'm sick of talking about the main issues of the game and seeing from last patch, they like to do some QoL improvement before fixing other main issues. 

Hope this help clear up most people's concern and wants for the waypoints or just a better map for free play. The games need to flow better, they have admitted this and have already taken steps to improving it with the last patch. 

Message 10 of 17 (353 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help