Way too much thirsting

by EThought113213

Original Post

Re: Way too much thirsting

★ Guide

@RichAC wrote:

@Balzano wrote:

"But i'm pretty sure I don't get the kill unless I finish off the downed enemy right?  So he was complaining about nothing.   Maybe thats his thing he says to people so he can be the one to down them.   Its a freaking team game, come on..."

Actually, im pretty sure that if you down someone, you get the kill non the less. If he doesn't get helped up that is. So downing the whole squad will give you kills.

Therefore the priority should be to finnish of the squad before killing someone. 

I usually hit a downed target to draw his squad to me, hoping that the downed guy screams in mick or calls out for help. Baiting! 

ah ok thanks for the correction.  But this guy just  hurling insults at me because I stole his will was still bogus because we both hot dropped on him and were meleeing him from the start. And regardless its a team game.    I might have to start turning off VOIP in this game.

But if I do that I worry even more people will just quit on me at the start of the match.

Yeah don't feel bad, this game is team based. I don't care who gets the kill as long as the enemy dies. If im lasering somebody and my teammate comes and downs the person it doesn't bug me. Less to worry about in a firefight

Message 31 of 57 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For me its like this:

If my teammates are in active danger from a threat, ill ignore the kill and try to help them

If the situation is stable, imma get the kill (you might have loot I need to finish the fight)

If the situation is looking like we will lose, ill make sure to kill as many downed players as possible
"Inflict MAXIMUM damage on the enemy before dying" is my policy, and eliminating an enemy player before I die does a LOT more than simply damaging a live player and then dying myself anyways

Make em regret ever fighting me

Message 32 of 57 (495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agreed. My suggestion...Just a thought about curbing the thirsting...Make it that a knocked player can no longer be killed, the kill still counts only when the player becomes a banner naturally or by finishing the whole team. This would help team play as well as players leaving early. Could we please consider this an option. It's frustrating to play with team mates that won't stay in the fight because they are so focused on getting that one kill. Just saying.

Message 33 of 57 (437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have played other BR games and I disagree...so much worse in this one.

Message 34 of 57 (436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agreed about them calling you out but a good way to fix that is to blur their vision

Message 35 of 57 (435 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@CrescentWolf333 

I can fix all your problems without completely changing the game get gud when you play with randoms if you are not good enough to solo an entire team you have to pay attention to your teammates it is on you if you get downed while they are finishing a downed player that is just part of solo queuing 

Message 36 of 57 (422 Views)

★ Guide

@EThought113213 wrote:

The amount of thirsting in this game is ridiculous, knockdown shields need a huge buff. Make them full body and can't be meeled through. 

People go out if their way to thirst, they will willingly lose squad fights just to thirst one player, it's insane. People are so thirsty to thirst they will 3rd party thirst for no reason. 

Thirsting needs a nerf, people should focus on eliminating the whole squad instead of losing just to thirst. 

Can't count the number of times leaving a downed player up screwed me over in this game. 

Not even counting the fact that any downed player is no doubt pinging the * out of anyone they see, it also leaves open the possibility you crawl off, get revived, and kill me later.  

I agree you need to ignore downed players in combat, but it's entirely different when you have a minute and can finish them off. 

Message 37 of 57 (421 Views)

★ Expert

My damage count VS kills certainly shows that I don't thirst much.

Happens often where I'll lose in 2 VS 1 scenario because my team mate would rather try and get the kill instead of doubling up on the remaining enemy.

It is what it is.

Message 38 of 57 (421 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If you got thirsted you where not close enough to your teammates who are supposed to protect you.

Since when is thirsting a person a complaint?

If im short on bullets / heals or i saw he had a good armor.

I want that! and im thirsting and i deserve that loot.

His teammate not showing up.

Im thirsting because he can still block doors and ping my location and hes making noice so i can't hear enemy footsteps.

And if you died in a spot allowing me to thirst you.

you don't deserve your loot anymore! its mine now!

If you got thirsted you messed up somehow and should not cry about it.

And be glad you can still get ressed.

Message 39 of 57 (417 Views)

A nice, cold iced-tea quenches my thirst just fine on a hot Summer day...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 40 of 57 (408 Views)