Re: Way too much thirsting

by Stinkfinger1345

Original Post

★★★ Guide
I kill downed targets as well.
It's too risky to ignore them, they can be revived and re-enter battle as a risk depending on the situation.
Message 11 of 57 (2,276 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Guys you wont believe me, but theres a great gamemode called DEATHMATCH that was awesome and was all about fighting all the time. You dont know because you were born in the 2000s but its exactly what you want.  One day one dev will realize this and go back to arena modes. No filler, all fun. 

Message 12 of 57 (2,271 Views)

★ Guide

Thirsty is a stupid term made by annoying twitch streamers, that fortnite children enjoy saying a lot.

it's an advantage to take out somebody before they can be revived! You finish someone off in case the enemy escapes and is able to heal, then return to revive their teammates and beat you.

if you have such a big problem with thirsting, play the healer, which...takes care of that? The shield AFAIK is impenetrable *I tried destroying it* 

Making an issue, of a non issue.

Message 13 of 57 (2,267 Views)

★ Guide

@HarveyFC3 wrote:
Going out of your way to thirst at the risk of losing the battle, nah, but if I down someone and get a clean shot to finish them, I'm taking it. Make them have to respawn. Another scenario is where you down someone and they follow you around calling you out to their team. I'll thirst them all day.

You know, a lot of people * on finishing off downed people but if your teamates aren't getting gang banged and you can finish him, do it. Its a great strategy. Kill 1 or 2 of them and force them to go to a revive drop ship station. You know where they will be going so you can intercept and finish them off. 

Message 14 of 57 (2,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I will full kill you if I'm safe for the loot. If my shields are down I can pop on yours for a full recharge, maybe I need ammo? Maybe I need power cells or health. It's not really about stats or getting the full kill. Oh and I'll also full kill you because I don't want you telling your friends what I'm doing over voice chat.

Message 15 of 57 (2,257 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah accept being downed and stop making up words for it.

If there is no fight going on, and sometimes when there is, I'd rather not leave a spy up, pinging our locations

Message 16 of 57 (2,241 Views)

★★ Pro

First of all, you can't "nerf" a word that was made up to begin with. It's not a game mechanic. It's a word made up by the gaming community. Second, if you have an opportunity to "thirst" someone, you should. 1. There's a risk at turning your back during a fight to thirst someone, so they could get shot while trying to finish you. And 2. You SHOULD kill someone so they're not pinging your location to their teammates. On top of all that, you can be brought back. I would tell you to play another Battle Royale, but honestly, this is the only one where you can come back to life. Get used to it and you'll have more fun.

Message 17 of 57 (2,236 Views)

You want to know why? Because downed teammates can still mark and talk to other teammates. Thats why.

Intelligent people thirst. People who want to win and not die thirst.

Message 18 of 57 (2,216 Views)

★★ Novice

Thirsting in itself isn't the issue. If you need to kill someone so they dont ping you to their team that's understandable. Sure it's annoying when someone does it  but I get it. What pisses me off though is when another squad from 7 miles away decides to snipe me with his Kraber and finish me off. Now that pisses me off. If you or any of your squad mates have NOTHING to do with that downed person. Dont go out of your way to "thirst" them. You dont get * all for killing someone that another squad downed, so stop doing it people. Another thing that I will admit is annoying is when I get downed. And my attacker is getting pummelled by bullets from my squad. He's on his last bit of health, pulls his shotgun and blows my face off only to die a millisecond after doing so. Now that their is what I call being thirsty and desperate for that "one kill".

Message 19 of 57 (2,132 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I always thirst. I will go out of my way. I’ve died before going for the thirst. Because I know a lot of people rage when they get thirsted. It makes me smile knowing that there is a high probability the guy I just thirsted is raging. I hope he breaks his controller. Or punches his screen. Just the thought... ahhh brings a smile to my face. Lol

Message 20 of 57 (2,118 Views)