Re: Way too much thirsting

by Re7oadZ

Original Post

Way too much thirsting

★ Guide

The amount of thirsting in this game is ridiculous, knockdown shields need a huge buff. Make them full body and can't be meeled through. 

People go out if their way to thirst, they will willingly lose squad fights just to thirst one player, it's insane. People are so thirsty to thirst they will 3rd party thirst for no reason. 

Thirsting needs a nerf, people should focus on eliminating the whole squad instead of losing just to thirst. 

Message 1 of 57 (3,390 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm not really good in english but can you explain what "thirsting" is? 

Message 2 of 57 (3,375 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Blame banners with stats. 

Them: "Bruh, you've only got 200 kills?"

You: "But I have more wins than you!??"

Them: "Peasant"

Message 3 of 57 (3,373 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Redo_erKo This isn't so much a English language issue as a Battle Royal or PvP language issue Standard smile

I had no idea what it meant in game context either a few days ago.

As I understand it refers to people going for kills at any and all cost, including losing the game.

And I'm not sure a change to the game is warranted, this isn't an issue with game balance, it is an issue with the way people decide to play the game.

Including starting firefights for no reason, just for the kills.

Message 4 of 57 (3,365 Views)

★ Guide

@denandre89 wrote:

@Redo_erKo This isn't so much a English language issue as a Battle Royal or PvP language issue Standard smile

I had no idea what it meant in game context either a few days ago.

As I understand it refers to people going for kills at any and all cost, including losing the game.

And I'm not sure a change to the game is warranted, this isn't an issue with game balance, it is an issue with the way people decide to play the game.

Including starting firefights for no reason, just for the kills.

I enjoy killing, but I go after surviving as long as possible. Always been my play-style. Plus, this game rewards surviving more than killing. 

Message 5 of 57 (3,361 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
The BR strategy that nets the most XP seems to be to just avoid people for aslong as possible. Most random groups I get into don't seem to understand that.
Message 6 of 57 (3,356 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice
its battle royale thirsting is part of the culture and will always be here honestly , there is not one battle royale without it and it shouldnt be eliminated . Just don't get down and if you do then hey you die you die , part of the game. I typically only thirst if i need ammo but if there is a team around me im going to fight them so i can get more kills. i dont really worry about down players being that they cant do nothing to me
Message 7 of 57 (3,354 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Have you played other br the thirsting in ever other br is much worse than it is in this game I can not even believe I am reading this and honestly who cares if you get thirsted you can still be brought back if you allow yourself to be thirsted In This game with a knockdown shield you are not a team player period downed people can have double the health as a living person with those stupid knockdown shields so if you get finished on this game you have no one to blame other than yourself

Message 8 of 57 (3,340 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Going out of your way to thirst at the risk of losing the battle, nah, but if I down someone and get a clean shot to finish them, I'm taking it. Make them have to respawn. Another scenario is where you down someone and they follow you around calling you out to their team. I'll thirst them all day.
Message 9 of 57 (3,338 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@HarveyFC3 he wants you to leave him there so he can ping your location to his teammates lol
Message 10 of 57 (3,307 Views)