Wattson needs buffed. Period.

by SDS_JuggernautTV

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wattson needs buffed. Period.

So a couple months ago I began my personal challenge to get 1000 kills per legend. I began this because honestly the game gets boring after you get to pred ranked. I would be grinding out pred right now to increase my rank but ranked this season is honestly ruined for me because of how many players used that exploit. Anyways back to the topic at hand. 

Ill start with her ultimate. It is only effective art counteracting gabby ultimate and grenades. You cannot place it down fast enough to counter Bangalores barrage or caustics nox grenades'. Yes her ultimate repairs shields but VERY SLOWLY. So what its useful for all of two things? Ask yourself how often a team needs to camp OUTSIDE OF RANKD/COMP {don't worry ill get to that later} Its not to often a squad is like "man I wish I would have played Watson so I could stop that gibby ultimate from squad wiping us". Watson in public matches is 100% useless. Id also like to add why crypto can delete all of Watsons stuff? Guess how well drowns work against a emp rifle in real life? they don't. like at all. Turns out drowns are very sensitive to any for of electrical interference {yes I know this because im in the army}

So I just pointed out why Watson is bad vs crypto let me tell you who she's REALLY bad against. yep you probably guess it caustic. Sure her little ultimate negates caustics, however you know what it dosent? his traps. Yeah those things he has 3 of and can have up to 6 of out at one time. They actually destroy fences. So if I were raid a building with Watson fences all I simply need do it throw a trap in there {which the fences will activate for me} and walk right in after a single second. This is all of course I just don't simply shooting them out because well. its very hard to find somewhere the enemy players cant do that. 

So where is Watson used the most? tournaments and ranked of course. There she does a little better because the game is more played around positioning and defense {camping}. Even then only a select few players are good enough to use her effectively. Myself climbing to 1000 kills with her was exhausting and I did not enjoy her at all. Very rarely did I find myself using her abelites to change to game to my advantage. This just goes to show why caustic is the best player for defense, and if your good with him he is also good for offense. {raiding campers in buildings. 

I know some of you on here will just say im not good enough with her or whatever but here's what you need to understand. I put in 1000 kills with her and can tell you she has no place outside of tournaments. WHY HAVE A LEGEND IN THE GAME IF THATS THE ONLY PLACE THEY HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING USED. The learning curve for Watson is to great and quite honestly is not worth it. 

My suggestions for buffing watsn? Make her fences taller, allow them to block grenades as well as harder to kill. Fix issues with her ultimate not working as intended in enclosed spaces make that thing MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to kill, increase its shield recharge range and make it PORTABLE. IF you really wanted to make her OP you could increase the shield recharge as well what I mean by op is viable btw. or you could make recharging shields faster when the player is close to the ultimate. JUST BUFF SOMETHING PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

If you read all this thank you and I will make a video explaining in greater detail very soon.

Message 1 of 20 (2,257 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wattson needs buffed. Period.

★★ Pro

I recently posted this on another thread, but it would be good if her fences were only activated once an enemy passes through them. Once activated, they would stay active for ~10 seconds. It would give her fences the element of surprise that they desperately need. More players will accidentally cross the fence, and this would make Wraiths passive, Bloodhounds scan, Mirages decoys and Crypto's drone more important for trap detection.

I think her ult should stay active on her back and stay active for a short time, while increasing its shield charging effectiveness so that it can fully charge a level 3-4 shield in one charge. This would stop the ult from being destroyed immediately, but would make Wattson more of a target while it's active.

View in thread

Message 3 of 20 (2,227 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

AGREED. When she first came out I found her abilities to be, well useless. I never really used them at all besides the fences sometimes. Her ult became obsolete to me, I never found a need to use it, since usually no one brought projectiles late game. On paper her kit was great! But when executed it was pretty useless. The shield charge is cool, but it seemed useless too since it didn't charge THAT fast.

Message 2 of 20 (2,242 Views)

★★ Pro

I recently posted this on another thread, but it would be good if her fences were only activated once an enemy passes through them. Once activated, they would stay active for ~10 seconds. It would give her fences the element of surprise that they desperately need. More players will accidentally cross the fence, and this would make Wraiths passive, Bloodhounds scan, Mirages decoys and Crypto's drone more important for trap detection.

I think her ult should stay active on her back and stay active for a short time, while increasing its shield charging effectiveness so that it can fully charge a level 3-4 shield in one charge. This would stop the ult from being destroyed immediately, but would make Wattson more of a target while it's active.

Message 3 of 20 (2,228 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Extremejinks I like the activation aspect you mentioned. Now it’s too easy to tackle Wattson’s fences. Especially if the enemy team’s not looking at all fences. So I def agree with you OP

Whenever I use Wattson, I hardly use her abilities. I mostly use her fences when someone chases me so they slide right into my fences.
Message 4 of 20 (2,201 Views)

★★ Guide

I do agree that wattson need a buff as I main her, specially the ultimate I guess it should be something like 10 points/s or even 15 to make it useful for camping as a defensive character.

But I don't agree that she is useless. I would say she is more situational more than Caustic and Gibraltar. 

In some situations she totally shines. Like tunnel fights, which already limit the movement and even will he harder with will placed fences.

I discovered new tactic is to block people in instead of out, best work with smaller buildings, or when at the last couple of rings if you are lucky enough and the enemy squad got trapped in building half of it is taken by the ring, Close one exit with a fence, so they would be afraid to cross it and expose them self for the stun which will lead to their death. And your other teammates can guard the other exit, if they refuse to leave just send the grenades in.

Message 5 of 20 (2,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Hard core needs a buff.

Apex has to understand heroes with abilities that are just straight good in any FPS, that make you hard to hit, increase your damage and don’t need any teamwork, are going to be overpowered against abilities like Wattson has.

why do you think Octane, Pathfinder and the old Wraith ended up being the most popular picks?  

Wattson is a great idea for a character but Epic totally overrates her abilities.  They’re hard to use and don’t do enough.

every day, every time, Octane’s speed boost is useful.  Grapple is always useful. 

Fences aren’t.  And the shield regen isn’t always either since it is so slow and requires you to lock down in place.

Wattson needs help

Message 6 of 20 (1,775 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SDS_JuggernautTV I agree 110%
Message 7 of 20 (1,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Zeues-1992Those are smart tactics and they're only situational... Imagine being in an open field with wattson, chances of you surviving are very slim... Trust me, I struggle everyday as a wattson main too myself. I have 3000+ kills with her, the 3k badge, all 4 daggers in the assassin badge and over 100 wins with her. But to achieve those I have struggled and I'm still struggling for the 4k and the 20 bomb. She needs a buff bruv, it is what it is and she needs a remake

Message 8 of 20 (1,363 Views)

@Extremejinks I wouldn’t mind her interceptor tower being a tad quiter. I have flanked so many camping trams who had the tower up. They can’t hear you coming.. just laser one in the back with a 99 reload and knock another.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 20 (1,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DarthValtrexthat's a good point I hadn't thought of that. Tho I'm guess I'm used to everything on Apex being insanely loud for no apparent reason. RIP headset users.

@SDS_JuggernautTV Really good points. It's a shame she's been nerfed (/"reworked"). I saw a few teammates use her so I gave her a go! Her learning curve is a little steep but she was satisfying to use when done correctly. I hate how easily her fences go down now. And the 90 seconds on her Ult is *** with how slow the recharge rate is.

@Extremejinks I like the portable idea. And they should  have a proximity sensor as it would stop audio clutter and actually be a trap rather than obstacle to avoid.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 20 (1,279 Views)