Re: Was demoted to Rookie IV as a player from Season 2.

by CCbathwater

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Was demoted to Rookie IV as a player from Season 2.

★★★ Novice

I somehow got demoted to Rookie IV. I played since season 2, had at least 5 Diamonds IV. Season 12 i ended up in Bronze IV because i didn't play. But patch notes says "Existing players are unaffected by the introduction of the Rookie Tier, and can not be demoted into it, and likewise will not be reset into it on new splits or seasons". Can someone explain please? I am so upset, i'm not a newbie

Message 1 of 5 (679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
My current assumption is that the "you'll not end up in rookie tier" line was a mistake and a change got made. I've seen lots of folks with high tier in earlier seasons wind up in Rookie, it seemed to only check Season 12, if you were in bronze at the end you got put in Rookie.

If and when I see anything official on this we'll share it.
David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (536 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@kumosarathat is just typical.

way to go EA/Respawn.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 2 of 5 (674 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The rookie rank is pointless.

I'm a new player and was in rookie 4 I was lead to believe by the patch notes it was for new players, but I'm constantly up against players who are in silver 1.

Something seems broken to me 

Message 3 of 5 (576 Views)

★★ Expert
@kumosara Same. I'm gonna have to put my dmg, kills, and win counters on Lifeline if/when I play through Rookie, so all the real rookies can rage a bit if I kill them. 🤭
Message 4 of 5 (566 Views)

Community Manager
My current assumption is that the "you'll not end up in rookie tier" line was a mistake and a change got made. I've seen lots of folks with high tier in earlier seasons wind up in Rookie, it seemed to only check Season 12, if you were in bronze at the end you got put in Rookie.

If and when I see anything official on this we'll share it.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (537 Views)