Re: Was banned and have 0 indication as to why...

by JordynThylos

Original Post

Was banned and have 0 indication as to why...

★★★ Newbie

So I was banned, not sure when not sure why.. I haven't played the game in over a week and when i went to login i had an update, well when i updated then tried to play, it said i had a conflict with my cloud storage and my game files.. so i used the cloud storage option as it was the most recent (the 16th i think) Which i dont think i played that day as i was playing Ark survival evolved with friends all night long, anyway i went on to join a game and when i went into the character selection screen it booted me out and said i was banned, no indication as to why, well when i went digging in my emails, i noticed a email from ea saying i was banned for hacking on march 16th, Not sure what is going on, but i can assure you i dont hack... I wouldn't average 200 something damage if i hacked... Please someone from ea read this 

Message 1 of 4 (159 Views)

Hey welcome to AHQ! Unfortunately AHQ (the forum) won't be able to do much for you on the ban. You will need to contact the EA TOS department, they are the only teams who can review bans and reverse them.

Please only submit 1 ticket, and wait for a response. I have heard they are receiving an unusually high number of appeals, so it might take a few weeks to get a response. They will respond it just takes time for them to review everything and respond.

If your initial appeal is denied, then you can submit a second appeal.

Keep an eye on your emails spam and junk folder, just to make sure you do not miss any communication from the EA TOS department.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

if you can please access your accounts log in information and see if other devices have logged into your account. You might point that out to the EA TOS team when you contact them. It will help your ban appeal. Change the password on your accounts and enable two factor authentication. You will likely be waiting a while for a response from the EA TOS department, they are receiving an unusually high number of appeals at the moment.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (142 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DarthValtrex unusual high number of responses for a yeah? saw this exact message sent to a player a year ago here... lol
Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)

★ Novice
@JordynThylos this happened to me also...apparently someone hacked my account while i was gone. My friends told me that my account was logged in even when i was out of town for a week and my ign had a chinese character attached to it. So yeah do as DarhValtrex said and we just have to wait for a reply which apparently takes them months before they unban us! Frown
Message 4 of 4 (112 Views)