Warning but banned?

by xLilJimmy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Warning but banned?

★★ Novice

So earlier today, I received an email from EA saying I joined a club in Apex with an inappropriate name. It also proceeds to say:

"We are giving you a warning. There are no consequences to your account for this violation."

but when I tried to get in Apex, it says my account has been suspended/banned. I don't know what this means but I've sent an appeal and I'm hoping maybe one of the forum admins might explain what could have lead my account being banned even though the email says its just a warning.

Message 1 of 18 (2,428 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Warning but banned?

Community Manager
@xLilJimmy Hey, it turns out this was an error, you should have just been warned. You should be able to get into the game again now.
David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 18 (2,393 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@xLilJimmy 

It is entirely likely that the ban is a completely separate issue to the inappropriate club name. 

Either way, you can appeal the ban in the usual way: 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 18 (2,421 Views)

Community Manager
@xLilJimmy Hey, it turns out this was an error, you should have just been warned. You should be able to get into the game again now.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 18 (2,394 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you very much for solving this issue. Currently my club is stuck loading indefinitely, but once its fixed, I will proceed to leave the club with the inappropriate name.

Message 4 of 18 (2,385 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Hey, I also got banned for the same reason. Unsure why a warning turned into a ban. Thank you.
Message 5 of 18 (2,339 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I got warning too and  I can login, then I quit the club.

I will ask admin to change the name then I will re-rejoin.

Recommend you guys to QUIT the club, ask admin to change then re-join after that.

Message 6 of 18 (2,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@asukojo Thanks for the advice, but I cant even login cause of the ban :/
Message 7 of 18 (2,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 8 of 18 (2,280 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David Hey David, I also have the same problem as Jimmy. It was said that my account was warned however I was banned on my account. Do I also file an appeal? The reason I was banned was also because of my club name, and once if I have a chance of logging in I will indefinetely leave my club.
Message 9 of 18 (2,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same

Message 10 of 18 (2,096 Views)