Re: Wanted features? [Discussion]

by Warden-SIS

Original Post

Wanted features? [Discussion]

★ Novice

So this is gonna be a general discussion on what is missing in this game.

The game is relatively short and NG+ problably won't be a thing.

I think the game lacks stats like equipment. One thing could be to add saber crystals like in the KOTOR series, that add dmg or some form of modification.

Adding this would make NG+ a reality. (Right now there is not much meaning to playing the game again in NG+ as you won't become stronger).

The lightsaber doesn't really feel alive as it doess in Jedi Academy. In JA  you didn't need to attack to deal dmg to someone, it was enough the blade was touching a target.

Also in Jedi Academy there were plenty of lightsaber wielding enemies, (actually in KOTOR too), adding more saber wielders in a NG+ would make sense, (it would also make the game a tad harder).

Another missing part is not being able to dual wield. We already get single saber, and double bladed saber. Why not just add the dual wield option we all loved from Jedi Academy?

Lastly something I think is important. Both in JA and KOTOR you have something called saber stances. These work like passives.

In JA you have three stances. Quick / Medium / Slow. The quick stance allows for quick rushes against enemies, while the slow stance is one slow attack that usually one hit enemies, but leave you vulnerable for several seconds.

In KOTOR the stances are more defined. You have a stance for deflecting blaster bolts, which can also be implemented in this game.
For example it would allow you to use your single bladed saber to deflect multiple bolts, it could make it easier to deflect by increasing the parry window or just automatically deflect bolts. Many opportunities here. Other stances are better for dealing with saber opponents etc.

Many of these can be added to the NG+ talent tree making for more replayability.

As it is now, the talents doesn't feel powerful at all except maybe being able to knock over big targets.

Both KOTOR and JA have more force powers, being able to develop new instead basic pull / push could be fun. Though I do love the new slow time mechanic.

What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 14 (745 Views)

★ Apprentice

Fast Travel & New Game Plus, that's what I want

Message 2 of 14 (737 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Aisu64
-Fast Travel - and if not full on fast travel, at the very least the "Return to Mantis" option.

-I would also like to see Force Speed added an ability even if it only lasts until the force bar drains.

-White Kyber Crystals like Ashoka in Rebels.

-NG+ that carries over cosmetics

-An entirely new outfit that isn't poncho or jacket - or atleast more variations of the jacket.

-Perhaps as a reward for the Terrarium, because right now the only reward is a trophy/achievement, which while great for the hunters out there, doesn't do much for the average joe.

-An upgrade for BD that allows him to shock and stun enemies for a second or two. 

I can't think of much else because honestly this game is a solid package all around.

Message 3 of 14 (697 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey,

I really don't see the use of fast travel.

You all want games that last longer because you think the games are too short, but you want features that save you from exploration and fighting like fast travel.

This is especially irrelevant in open world games when we are told about exploration and XP gain when all players abuse of the fast travel thus avoiding the character's physical movements, exploration and the resulting XP from encounters and battles.

In an open world game it's already irrelevant so I don't see the point of a fast travel on this game at all.

A really interesting feature to integrate would be the possibility of defining custom controls for keyboard and mouse players because we are there too, PC players. What could be more annoying than wanting to play immersive when the character can only run with the keyboard because the developers didn't add run/walk toggle keys and you have to force yourself to play with a controller if you want to be able to walk and not run all the time like a fool.

Message 4 of 14 (684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Warden-SIS
artificially padding a game with "walking time" doesn't actually make a game "longer" just more tedious.  Any extended playtime is an illusion at best. 

I'm sorry you don't understand but that's fine, we all have our own opinions. 

You will probably feel differently when you need to get a collectible that's as far as possible into a map and then have to walk 30 minutes there and then 30 minutes back to the ship after and you realize how boring and unfun that truly is.  When you have already done 99% of a map, then backtracking is no longer exploring - just burning time.   I finished this game overleveled 10 times, there's no worries of missing XP in this game as its plentiful.  Besides fast travel in games usually mandates you explore the areas first before being able to travel to them anyway?  

Message 5 of 14 (678 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Actually, like you said, it's not about that I don't understand, I'm not stupid.

It's just boring to read people complaining about a game being too short when they just rush all the game without taking the time to walk and discover the area and landscape. Imagine if everybody in reality just sprint all along their trip in another country just to finish it without taking the time to watch and after that come and complaining about the fact they don't see anything. It's exactly the same.

If I pay for a game, I will not pay for rushing it all along and after that coming on the forums to say "Hey, it's too short, buuuuh". I really understand well why people complaining about too short games, they just rush them. That's all.

Walking is not tedious or boring. In many games I see on YouTube, when people just run everytime, I just notice how many things they just forget about the game. Hidden treasures, hidden places, or just simply being stupidly killed by ennemies. All these things never happened to me when I play by walking. Because with this, I have more time to watch the landscape, spot ennemies before they spot me because I don't run like a beheaded chicken right into the fight and I can see all the possible areas of interest. That's a fact and a friend of me play like this since some month now after I suggest him to do it, he just replay many games he already finished and he says me that walking makes him discover many things he just never see in his games before. Another fact.

Even if I need to collect something, I walk. I'm actually playing The Division 2 and unlike many other players, I never use the fast travel, I play immersively and walk when not in combat and I'm level 30 with many equipments and weapons that makes me able to play compeltely alone without being killed and I'm actually close to the end of the game. All other people rushing the game like on the videos in YouTube just forget so many things and are killed so many times just because they act like beheaded chickens.

And for the major reason, walking when there is no danger is just more relevant and immersive than running everywhere. It's a fact. Making more time to reach a point by walking instead of rushing makes it more longer because you don't reach the end faster. That's another fact. A logical fact to be precise. You always take more time to reach point B from point A by walking than by running. It's normal. Just try. Do the game by running all along then do it again by walking during no danger phases, you'll see, you'll make the game longer.

So, don't just say me that we all have our opinions and that's fine after saying me that I don't understand something that is my opinion, saying me that I'm wrong about the way I'd love to play a game and implying that I'm too stupid to understand. It's inappropriate and insulting.

Message 6 of 14 (651 Views)

★ Novice

A feature I want is an arena mode where you fight waves of enemies like in Arkham sireies. Different arenas, different types of enemies. It will let us have fun aside of story mode.

Message 7 of 14 (630 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think return to Mantis would be a great and helpful addition in some situations.

But for me an option to disable respawning enemies is more important.
It just breaks the immersion, when you have to clear areas over and over again.

Maybe animals could respawn, but not troopers!

I don´t understand, why there is no automatic save, when you complete a mission.

When I returned to the landing platform on Kashyyk and defeated the enemies there, Saw Gererra held his glorious speech after the victory and I decided to stay on Kashyyk a little longer.

I died a few minutes later because one of these annoying animals suddenly popped in and got me by surprise.

So I had to repeat the end fight, died a few times, finally managed it, had to listen to Saws speech again, went on trying to find some goodies on Kashyyk, of course died soon and the story repeated.

I decided to leave Kashyyk then.

Message 8 of 14 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Warden-SIS
Dude, you said "I really don't see the use of fast travel." I was saying I'm sorry you don't understand the use of it. I'm sorry if you somehow misinterpreted that, but it was in no way meant to infer that you were stupid.  If I had to rephrase it, what I meant is: I'm sorry you don't see the use in it.

Nobody said you're wrong about the way you want to play.  I just suggested that maybe if you encounter some of the bad stuff we have, you would change your mind.  I never once said you are wrong to enjoy walking around.  Just most of us don't want that.  In fact the funny thing is if they added Fast Travel you still wouldn't have to use it if you didn't want to. It's YOU telling people they're wrong for how THEY want to play because you don't want to read some forum posts... There's 2 layers of irony in one there:

1. That you accuse others of doing what you doing.
2. You now have to read posts about people wanting Fast Travel instead, so do you really win either way?

Secondly, yes your personal playtime will be longer - but that doesn't actually make the game itself have more content; i.e. it doesn't make the game itself any longer.  If you want to spend 30% more time in-game wandering, I have no problem with that.  I just don't want to do it myself.  I 100% this game, I was the 8th person in the world to platinum the game - believe me when I say I've explored it more in depth and more thoroughly than 99.99% of people have.  Even having done all that, I think convenient travel would be a very helpful feature.  

The reality is if a game is short on CONTENT, people will complain about it being short. Artificial padding with no fast travel has literally never changed that. Because people decide if a game is short based on the content - not how long it takes to get around.

MFW reading your whole response:

1529514939868-827ffc2d-06d6-454a-9c6e-e75964ab5083-imatge.png

Message 9 of 14 (535 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Honestly the game is great. I loved everything about it. A fast travel would kind of ruin the experience for me because it keeps you from really exploring. But what I’d like to see is something to keep me playing after I finish the story. There’s no side quests or anything to keep you engaged once you do finish the main story so it just seems pointless to keep playing. And new game plus wouldn’t have much effect since there is no gear stats the only thing that would carry over is your skills. I loved the gameplay and everything about the combat and how you interacted with the world but I was hoping to get a more God of War experience when it came to getting side quests and world exploration.

Message 10 of 14 (494 Views)