Re: Waiting on Fleet Battles Fixes

by Elegost77

Original Post

Waiting on Fleet Battles Fixes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve seen quite a few legitimate concerns from players about the ranked fleet battles mode. 

- People are frequently quitting causing the match to be unranked.

- Low score for playing the objective

- Low score for playing support

- Inability to select a faction (like dogfights)

I decided it’s probably best to just wait for a patch that addresses these player concerns prior to playing ranked games. If you have a concern about fleet battles that isn’t on the list of big things I’ve seen, please feel free to add it.

Message 1 of 4 (617 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@GRDNANGL172 regarding the first one my guess, if its the same for me, is that ppl are not quitting but getting kicked over and over again every fleet battle. No response from devs about the issue tho so thats fun
Message 2 of 4 (583 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't mind ranked matches being random faction, but:

I have a problem with players constantly dropping from one or both teams early or mid-match. It might be the servers can't handle the load? I know I've been dropped before and my internet is working fine at my house.

Also have a problem with matches being ranked even when players drop. That's not fair either.

Agreed, big problem not getting enough points for damaging objectives. This is what wins or loses the match. Not player kills.

Agreed, support players need a points dump just for being willing to fly it. Support is great for those getting the kills, but it's hard not to be a sitting duck for a random team that doesn't appreciate the support player helping them get all the glory. I can get lots of kills and points with any other ship, but I struggle to get points with the support. Seems like all of my kills are turned into assists too, lol. Seriously had a match with 2 kills and 13 assists running support. I would have sworn at least half of those assists were mine. When I'm chasing/dogging a fighter to death and fire, and my teammate swoops in and blasts it with two lasers, and gets the kill and I get an assist... that was mine, EA, that was mine.

I would like to see more component options for support as well. Like hull/shields/engine. I want to be able to build it more like a fighter (to actually get a few kills and not be a helpless slow sitting duck), I don't care if the HP needs to be tanked even more to do it. It needs more speed/agility, or more HP.

Message 3 of 4 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For sure. Whoever did the most damage should get the kill and not the assist. Right now it is who got the last shot. It’s rough when you pound a tie bomber down to nothing, and someone gets a OHK on it. Could use an adjustment for sure.

Message 4 of 4 (480 Views)