Wait until they release gun statistics!

by Paneross

Original Post

Re: Wait until they release gun statistics!

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Paneross wrote:

@neillkorey wrote:

@Kreahke 

Have you used it mid to close range 2 burst knockdown on purple shields and full health it is a dirty gun when people know how to aim

He doesn't know, ignorance is bliss.

I'd say you and the guy you're quoting are the ignorant ones. Hemlok does more DPS in single fire mode, not burst. Anyone using burst mode on a Hemlok doesn't know the gun. You can fire it semi-auto as fast you click the mouse, which is why people bind primary fire to their mousewheel while using the Hemlok.

And yet that gun isn't problematic because despite its POTENTIAL, most people ignore it. That means that even if it is very strong, it is not a problem in the game if it has a low pick rate. Same applies to R99...it is more of a pro's gun due to the potential it has, but the average players ignores it. Shroud uses the R99 in such a skilled way that it makes the Wingman look like a joke, the difference is anyone can pick up the Wingman and the 12 round magazine and hipfire spam it (especially considering the first shot is 100% accurate) to get kills, but not many people are able to do this with the R99 which has higher DPS. Go figure.

Skill ceilings and skill floors matter in games. A lot. The Peacekeeper is the noob tube of Apex and we all know it, lol. Doesn't mean I don't use the gun myself if I find it, but it means I am intelligent enough and know enough about game balance to admit that it needs toned down. i am confident I am skilled enough to still use the Peacekeeper in a post-nerf situation....you are scared of having your toy taken away.

Message 11 of 16 (250 Views)

★★ Guide

@Paneross wrote:

@stevencloser wrote:

You should watch a stream and do a tally of the weapons in the killfeed. 

The few times I do watch it for a few seconds because I'm down or dead, it's like 2/3 Peacekeeper. Just saying.

Again

Not for kills but for KNOCKDOWNS, 99% of my knock downs usually come from a distance with the R301, then I kill with Peacekeeper at close range.

You cannot count kills in Apex World for weapon damage. You have to use knock downs for the stat.

Which this does bring the question because I do this with most kills.

If I knock down with an AR then kill with SG, which weapon is credited as the kill for Banner stats?

Message 12 of 16 (250 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@low_tier_squid 

I use controller on pc and console don’t like sitting in chair with a desk just not comfortable to me and on a controller burst can do more FPS but it will be a problem as soon as the first streamer uses it because it seems like 90% of the population get all info from streamers 

Message 13 of 16 (246 Views)

★★★ Guide

Peacekeeper abuser. Wait until they nerf your gun might have to learn the game then.

Message 14 of 16 (235 Views)

★★ Guide

@BoaFang7 wrote:

Peacekeeper abuser. Wait until they nerf your gun might have to learn the game then.

Won't happen. Promise

Message 15 of 16 (213 Views)

★★ Guide

The killfeed shows both the knockdown and the kill. Guess what, a ton of people both knock down and kill with the peacekeeper. Whether you use your ranged or cqc weapon depends on the place you're at. Like for example, oh I don't know, Skull town, lot's of places where you can close distance to people, lots of cover, and everyone and their mother goes there.

Message 16 of 16 (198 Views)