Re: WW2 girls

by Spunkie_Monkey

Original Post

WW2 girls

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey!

We have all followed the controversy of women in BFV and i create this post to give new examples putting an end to the controversy of detractors. Although uncommon there have been women, russian sniper, RAF pilot and more.

Here Female Japanese students trained to use a Type 11 Nambu machine gun in preparation for an Allied invasion.

Post image

I wish this post will be up by other community members.

Message 1 of 45 (2,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes, Yes we know they were everywhere. With artificial limbs even. Commanding British troops. Black female Germans. I saw 3 when i was watching WW2 in color the other night. Not sure why anyone is still talking about this. We were told not to buy it so many didn't. 

Message 2 of 45 (2,098 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Moskolonel The nurses, the mechanics, aircraft engineers, weapons manufacturers, etc that were off the battlefield and the snipers, pilots and tankers on the battlefield, were all as important to the War effort. Thanks for sharing this photo with all of us Standard smile
Message 3 of 45 (2,044 Views)

★★★ Expert

Nice picture. Indeed lots of woman's had there sacrifices in war. I think you can place the comments in line with the situation before corona. 

At least in Europe all where talking about gender neutral toilets. (so both woman and man use same toilet) Also street names needs to be changed to show more diversity and street names from like sailors from the past who did slavery needs to be replaced. Based on this we are playing with woman in BFV, I think that's the main reason for the comments.

Lots of changing in the world, like a percentage of Woman who needs to be manager in company, and more political correct stuff. or positive discrimination. 

It is like walking on eggs all the time in giving opinion or boys can't have there manhood at the schoolyard during a romp. Punished straight away. 

So that's just a clarification of what was happening and why people responded upset about woman in BFV. Especially as mostly man are playing it. 

For me I'm a huge fan on the characters and when you revive a nice woman character it gives you something to look at as well... 

(Or am I now to Sexist ? :P)

Cheers, 

Crazy

Message 4 of 45 (2,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@flyinghorse101Anyone who thinks we should have gender neutral toilets has clearly never walked into the blokes toilet at a pub, cinema, shopping centre.....really anywhere!

I'd never want to subject a woman to those bombsites, hell I don't want to subject myself to one of those bombsites lmao

Message 5 of 45 (1,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

WWII most famous girl video:

Message 6 of 45 (1,951 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Moskolonel Nice story!
Message 7 of 45 (1,932 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@flyinghorse101 

Yep i like it too!

Message 8 of 45 (1,926 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Lyudmila Pavlichenko

Lyudmila Pavlichenko

Imagine a Soviet sniper so deadly that the Germans addressed her over a loudspeaker, urging her to defect and join their ranks as an officer. That was Lyudmila Pavlichenko.

A former student of Kiev University, at the age of 14 Pavlichenko worked at a munitions factory as a metal grinder, and took up shooting soon after. When the war began, Pavlichenko wanted to fight for her country.

The army initially refused to enlist her to any position other than a nurse, even after she showed them her marksman certificate and a sharpshooter badge. They finally handed her a rifle and gave her an “audition,” which she passed with flying colors.

Pavlichenko had 309 confirmed kills during WWII – 36 of which were highly decorated German snipers. This figure makes her one of the top military snipers of all time.

Countless injures and shell shock didn’t stop her; in fact, she was only removed from active duty after taking mortar shell shrapnel to the face. The Soviets then decided they should remove Pavlichenko from danger and use her to train other snipers.

In spite of her obvious achievements, she still faced sexism from the press. While visiting the United States in 1942, women reporters continually asked her about the lack of style in her uniform, as well as her hair and makeup habits.

She put them in their place. “I wear my uniform with honor,” Pavlichenko said. “It has the Order of Lenin on it. It has been covered with blood in battle. It is plain to see that with American women what is important is whether they wear silk underwear under their uniforms. What the uniform stands for, they have yet to learn.”

Back home in Russia, she was decorated with many awards, including the Gold Star Medal (the highest distinction the country can give) and the title ‘Hero of the Soviet Union,’ and promoted to major. Later, she finished her college education at Kiev University and became a historian.

More info on wiki Standard smile:

Message 9 of 45 (1,872 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey here an other power girl!

Nancy Wake:

NANCY WAKE

The Gestapo called her the “White Mouse” for her ability to elude capture. For a time, Germany considered her the most wanted woman in the country. Meet Nancy Wake.

Wake, the wife of a wealthy Frenchman, was the most decorated woman of the Allied forces. During her early days in the Resistance, Wake spent her time smuggling men out of France and transporting falsified documents and contraband supplies. While at one point captured and interrogated for several days, Wake never once gave up any secrets.

After escaping in 1943 to Britain, Wake joined the Special Operations Executive, an agency of British intelligence. After being trained in skydiving and weapons, she was dropped back into France as an official British spy.

Wake would go on to lead 7,000 Maquis guerilla troops, blowing up Nazi buildings and sabotaging vehicles and supplies. She once killed an SS Sentry with her bare hands.

Not losing her * with age, an 89-year-old Nancy Wake said, “Somebody once asked me, ‘Have you ever been afraid?’ … Hah! I’ve never been afraid in my life.”

Here more info on wiki about this girl of WWII:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Wake

Message 10 of 45 (1,774 Views)