Re: WTF is up with SBMM, Respawn?

by FUZiONqc

Original Post

WTF is up with SBMM, Respawn?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Just had a match with a champion squad like this...

WRAITH 18K KILLS

PATHFINDER 80,000 KIlls (Not a typo)

LOBA 18K KILLS (Also not a typo)

Now this is probably the most egregious example but its not uncommon for me to see way higher skilled players on my lobby. I had a good season 5 but nowhere near this good and all it really seems like I'm playing against now is people two tiers above me. 

All of my season 6 stats indicate that I'm playing against way better players. And its not self correcting the way it should. After 350 games of this punishment for doing well in the last season the game still think this is where I should be. 

If this isnt adjusted to be balanced, this game will quickly become less and less a focal point in my game library. I'm already halfway there. I already stopped playing it every night. Most nights I quit earlier than I used to because it just feels like punishment rather than fun. 

My choices are;

Hot drop and die most games with 2 knocks and 0 kills. 

Or...

Play for placement and spend 15m not getting into any scraps and then insta-dying to some gibbed out squad. 

This isnt fun. Its either frustrating or boring and I can't imagine that's a sustainable business model. 

Dear Respawn...

Please stop prioritizing season passes and LTEs and reinvest in the coding of your game.  We all know its a broken mess and you don't seem to care. I refuse to spend another dime on this game until you take me and others who feel similarly into consideration. And yes I have spent good money on this game.  Until then you've lost a customer. 

Message 1 of 23 (1,196 Views)

Champion
@TheTrafficKing I get these champion squads too. So many times they hot drop and die so mid and end game are fine for me. Just dont drop with them.
Message 2 of 23 (1,158 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@hayhor Its not that simple.

I dont exactly know where they would drop but I never intend to drop with them. I avoid the hottest hot drops for this reason. But I like to land at places where I can guess one to two squads will go rather than 5+. I can handle that chaos a bit better. Or at least used to be able to before they cocked up the matchmaking algorithm.

Additionally its not like they don't win places like Cap City often and then when they do i have to face them with fully kitted shields and weapons.

All in all it doesn't matter much because the point I was making was the lobbies are super lopsided. Not the drops. It's evident in my stats. And if anything I've improved since mid last season but you wouldn't know it by looking at stats.

So while I appreciate your attempt to offer advice, its not a suitable solution.
Message 3 of 23 (1,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Anyone already spoke to Respawn about that issue? Solo and pre stack queues are seemingly the same! SBMM is unbalanced as never before.
I get in every match muliple pre-stacked players, most of them have very good stats,  thousand of kills and 4k damage & 20 kill badge each..

How this can be considered as fair gameplay?

Sure those very good players dont want to play ranked all day long together but sorry, the current situation is unacceptable!

Month ago this already was a big problem but now it is just unbelievable. I`m lvl 500 with 15k kills, get matched with low skill/level players and compete against those teams.

I think the reason for this is the decreasing player count and pre stacks very often get queued up with solo queuers and vice versa because of lack of players. But this is a problem what should be fixed very soon otherwise more and more players will loose interest in Apex. It is really not fun to play like this and those pre stacked players think they are the best of the best. 

I know I´m not the only one who is annoyed because of this situation and many many decent players already quit Apex as a result.

I already opened a thread about this issue months ago!

Message 4 of 23 (1,102 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i barely play as it is, ill play with friends and thats it. i refuse to play solo but even with friends its garbage. just got killed by a pred squad.. the bangalore had 386 * season 6 wins. i have 10. he is 38.6x the player i am but hes in my pub lobby with SBMM ACTIVE. totally respawn. every game tonight ive been stomped by a pred, the game is anti fun right now and im starting to get into and give warzone a chance now thinking apex was way better so whats the point. not anymore.

Message 5 of 23 (1,080 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is where I'm at too. I'm a day 1 player and this game has been only one of two things since season 6 began; boring or infuriating. Fun matches are incredibly rare as I am either getting stomped under the most infuriating circumstances; be it lag or SBMM BS, OR...half the squads are gone in the first five minutes and I end up playing hurry up and wait to die to some top 3 pred squad. 

Its not us Respawn. Its you. 

Message 6 of 23 (1,040 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Did someone already get a connection to the support chat? I would love to hear Respawns opinion on it but I`ve always waited longer than 20min with no redirection to a support staff member.

They actually have to realise that the Apex player count constantly decrease but seemingly they don`t care!? This cant be prevented with only a new battle pass, new weapons, new legends or new skins.

Message 7 of 23 (1,018 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i thought you should never get the same lobbys with pre-made squads as you go solo queue but apparently this is the case so i decided to go ranked to get people around the same rank

i am plat4 i got triple preds in my lobby and not season 4-5 it was season 6!? WTF? they are in the same lobby as plat4 now? gl to those plats getting into diamond this ain't happening.

Message 8 of 23 (1,010 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Meatball-Slay3r Diamond is still doable but climbing further with golds and plats on your team is hard as hell.
Message 9 of 23 (1,000 Views)

★ Guide

@Meatball-Slay3r wrote:

i thought you should never get the same lobbys with pre-made squads as you go solo queue but apparently this is the case so i decided to go ranked to get people around the same rank

i am plat4 i got triple preds in my lobby and not season 4-5 it was season 6!? WTF? they are in the same lobby as plat4 now? gl to those plats getting into diamond this ain't happening.

Yeah, I quit playing ranked because of this ....

Message 10 of 23 (984 Views)