WTF SBMM RANKED WTF

by z3rg_amd

Original Post

WTF SBMM RANKED WTF

★★★ Novice

Come on RESPAWN/EA/Someone who is in charge - do something, I'm solo player, I just got Diamond 4 couple days ago and I'm always staking with plat 4-1 some times even gold 4, in the same lobby with FULL SQUAD of DIAMOND-PREDATORS vs me KARL!!!!!! Fix this *!@!*, how can I lvl up my rank if Im solo player, this *!@* sbmm give me plat / gold and versus me I got predators? 

Message 1 of 3 (357 Views)

Re: WTF SBMM RANKED WTF

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_David

@EA_Kent

There's serious flaw in rank matchmaking:

1. Server allow 1-2 rank difference during team mate match matching

2. Server allow 1-2 rank difference during lobby match matching based on the highest rank on the team.

3. This cause 2-4 different in rank !

For example:

1. Diamond solo : Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, Predator can be your team mate. 

- Ideal situation, all of them are Diamond,

- Worst : One or two are Gold.

- Lucky : one of them is Master/Predator

2. Assume you get bad luck, you get pair with Platinum, and Gold 1. 

The server pick the highest rank (Diamond) as the rank of your team.

3. Server allow 1-2 rank different between team so your SCREW UP "Diamond" team will be in the same lobby with : Platinum, Diamond, Master, Predator team.

4. Now we have Gold/Platinum vs Predator in the same lobby,

5. This critical flaw is destroying the INTEGRITY of the Rank mode "Fight with similiar skill opponent".

Message 2 of 3 (302 Views)

Re: WTF SBMM RANKED WTF

★★★ Expert
@asukojo I'd say this is a compromise, because there are very few players available in higher ranks. The addition of duos and the new map rotation took a few more players out of ranked play, while a lot of the others play ranked in premade teams, as that's the only way to move up at that level. Sure, it blows if you're diamond or above and get matched with teammates well below your rank, like gold, but without this, the waiting times could become much longer, killing ranked pretty fast.

Anyway, don't assume lower ranked players are always bad. I'm silver 3 because I barely play ranked, yet I've killed and outlived countless diamond players in casual play. On the other hand, I've seen some very high level games in silver lately, maybe because some were smurfing, but probably also because the average experience level of players in lower ranks is much higher than it used to be in the previous seasons.
Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)