WRAITH SHOULD BE NERFED

by djentyman

Original Post

WRAITH SHOULD BE NERFED

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The pick rate of Wraith speaks for itslef.
According to this article pick rate of Wraith is ~26% https://www.ggrecon.com/articles/apex-legends-characters-pick-rates-season-5

Lets figure out why it is so.
Wraith has the smallest hit box in the game. Even 5% low profile debuff can't compensate her smallness. Here you can see good research about legends hit boxes and their comparison(small spoiler: all legends are far behind Wraith) - https://youtu.be/EG2wN4RQX4w

Wraith has best escape ability in the game and they buffed it recently. Why i said buffed? Because they increased activation delay from 0.4 to 1.25(as i remember) = 0.85 sec and decreased move speed during activation by 30% and reduced portal max length. But added so many powerful stuff. They have increased duration by 1 sec, they have reduced cooldown by 10 sec, they have increased move speed by 30% during phase, they have added ability to see others players while in the void.

Comparing to other legends, Wraith is too strong, she has unfair advantages in every aspect of game. Players understand that, players abuse that. Hence, pick rate = 26%

There shouldn't be that much distribution in pick rate between legends. This statistics says that Wraith is obviously superior to the rest. 

Message 1 of 37 (766 Views)

Re: WRAITH SHOULD BE NERFED

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Increased activation delay is huge nerf. They basically removed "escape ability", since you will die in 8/10 cases when you will try to escape like before. Now you must be behind some cover to use Q.

Message 2 of 37 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SlivPTS0.85 sec difference. a lot of pro players says it is a buff. I don't play wraith that much, but ingame i felt it like a huge buff. And i am interesting, your 8/10 cases took from what??? How did u calculate that? What u did to receive this 8/10 value? I bet u did nothing, just said something without even thinking a minute about what u just have read. u now can go further, u can go faster, u can see enemies and traps. that such a big buff for already incredibly strong legend.

Message 3 of 37 (732 Views)

★★★ Guide

im just gonna say this is bait 

Message 4 of 37 (731 Views)

★ Guide
@RustedYoda im just gonna ask bait for what? if bait to force developers to nerf wraith, then yes. if u meant something else, so please tell me.
Message 5 of 37 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@djentyman
"I don't play wraith that much"
it says everything. And you ask to nerf even more?

"u now can go further, u can go faster, u can see enemies and traps"
yeah it's all nice, but before is 1.25? sec delay where you are slowed down.

maybe in silver league (where you play) you see it as a buff, but in higher leagues where players aim with open eyes it is huge nerf.

Message 6 of 37 (702 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@djentyman I can't see how getting a repositioning tool (the worst one in the game imo) instead of an out of a jail card is a buff, but at least give it some time will ya?
Message 7 of 37 (676 Views)

★★ Expert

For Pros, the rework could be considered a buff. They probably didn’t rely on it as much/were able to adjust easily to using it as a repositioning tool.

Wraith did get a sizable nerf to her portal though, but it might not affect pro pick rates as much.

The rework makes her ability more like Loba teleport, which is better in some cases and worse in others.

Message 8 of 37 (635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@djentymanI didn’t realize that website was that accurate. It’s a little scary how much info it has, but I’m safe since my gamertag in game is different than my name here.
That makes me think, is there a person with this name out there? Let me check.
Edit: No, there is no player with the name Sir_Named or SirNamed on any platform. That means my stats are safe.

Message 9 of 37 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@djentymanReported for insult.

In ranked i have only 48 games. Not a fan of playing ranked with randoms. And Diamond is not something what is hard to reach. Even low skill players can reach diamond if they play more ranked, then pubs. Get in preds and then brag about your skill/rank.

Where did i said that wraith is my main legend, or i play with her a lot?
My opinion is based on what i see in game. Now wraith has much lower chance to escape from fight and mistakes in more cases will lead to death.

Message 10 of 37 (627 Views)