WELL DONE! YOU HAVE BANNED ANOTHER INNOCENT PLAYER!

by PUFFYDATOR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

WELL DONE! YOU HAVE BANNED ANOTHER INNOCENT PLAYER!

★★★★ Novice

With the vase numbers of high-rank players, it is often you will meet the same player names on the last top 3 squads....chances are if you spectate them, they are aim locking and can detect enemies behind obstructions miles away. Yeah, they are aim-botting and wall-hacking! Even with the frustration of legit players like us to have to deal with these #$%& we still log in and come back fighting to improve ourselves to be better in the game.

Then the biggest enemy appears. ToS! Instead of banning those really obvious hackers in-game that we profoundly report for the countless number of times, ToS decided to ban you instead!

There is a fault here! It is either they have a very weak team at ToS that doesn't do their work or they have a very flawed system to detect hackers. From the way I see it, APEX LEGENDS is becoming frustrating to play is because of not only that we have to deal with hackers NON-STOP in the majority of our rank games but also we have this constant fear that if we do really well in a game holding a killing streak, players that you kill with eventually report you for hacking without prior "spectate"....this is called the "YOU KILL ME I REPORT YOU!" ...or "OMG HE MUST BE HACKING! LET'S REPORT HIM!" Then ToS will jump on and ban you! 

But here is the question! Why are the obvious hackers still running free? Why are the good players being banned instead? What did we didn't do that they did that got free from your sight of investigation and us being the ones who get banned instead? ToS are you trying to build a real community of APEX LEGEND HACKERS in the overall population of the game? Because from the way i see it, you have banned innocent players and keeping the hackers instead! 

And so you have written an email (open a case) for your appeal for the ban. You need to know the reason....you show your frustration in your email and demand your ban to be lifted. Not only that ToS takes at least a week to get back to you... and when they do.... this is what they have to say in their reply.

Hello,

We have received your most recent correspondence expressing concerns about the action that was taken on your account.

After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we again found that we actioned your account correctly after it was found to have violated our User Agreement. We will also be unable to provide any details regarding our internal procedures.

Due to this violation, we will not remove the sanction that was applied to your account.

You can review the full User Agreement at http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

After completing two full investigations into your complaint, we consider this matter closed.

Thank you,
EA Terms of Service

This is the one sentence that got me! "We will also be unable to provide any details regarding our internal procedures." .... WHY? What is the reason? We deserve to know the reason we are being banned. Maybe our gameplay is so good it looks like we are hacking, maybe too many people report us for killing them, maybe a virus or something on our computer that you have detected that may look like we are applying something to the game, maybe our VPN, maybe something that we could not explain. I am not a technical expert when it comes to the computer but I surely know that anything could be infecting the computer. But for ToS to ban mid-game out for good gameplay is something I CAN'T accept!

ToS are you sleeping? If you are not sleeping than I am for sure know that you are killing the APEX LEGENDS community of good legit players. Hackers will be flooding in and good players will move out! You can see the pattern that Streamers are moving away from APEX LEGENDS, great players that I once used to play with have given up and moved on (reason: too many hackers in APEX LEGENDS) ... it is challenging to hold interest with so many competing FPS game options in the market and ToS you are contributing to KILL THIS GAME!!! 

Makes me wonder...do you really play the game enough to differentiate the community from the hackers~! APEX LEGENDS, a game full of bugs and ToS filled with @#$%!

Message 1 of 12 (1,848 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: WELL DONE! YOU HAVE BANNED ANOTHER INNOCENT PLAYER!

Community Manager

Hi everyone. 

I'm locking this thread because this conversation has become unproductive. There's no reason to hurl insults at anyone, be it another user on the forums or someone who works for EA. 

I understand that it can be frustrating to deal with an account ban, but this is not something we can help with here on Answers HQ. The Terms of Service team would need to review your account and determine if the ban could be overturned. We here on AHQ don't have any visibility into these appeals. 

If your account has been banned or suspended please reach out to the Terms of Service team so they can take a look. They will review your account and get back to you via email as soon as they can. They review every appeal on a case-by-case basis, so the investigation may take some time, but keep an eye out for a response. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (1,580 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
@PUFFYDATOR Out of curiosity, was there an initial purported reason for the ban? Were you informed of why you were under investigation for example, due to hacking, cheating, verbal abuse, offensive chat, quitting early, exploiting glitches etc.. Or were you just left in the dark from start to finish?

I ask because, although I don't condone banning the wrong people - and hope that if this is the case, that you will find a resolution - I'm actually largely relieved that bans are being handed out. Makes me feel like my legitimate reports are going somewhere.
Message 2 of 12 (1,784 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeap! Just check my spam mail inbox. This was the email I got. 

Hello,

We noticed that your EA account broke EA’s gameplay rules.

Because your account was cheating, we’ve permanently blocked your access to Apex Legends’ online features.

It states that I was cheating. No further explanation on what and how did I cheat. I play most of my game as how it is intended to be played with no exploitation of glitches, hacks or anything that was not intended to be. The only difference is that instead of using the voice chat in game, I am on discord with buddies that I usually play with. 

Back to the question here... for a person that works hard to improve his game, invested 1400 hours, grinded until Level 500, started and stick to just one account from Season One and not to mention that I paid for Season Pass, what logical reasons would I cheat? Check my profile and see the game records, the records doesn't show any pattern of a cheaters game. Apex Legends has been a game and the only one game that I stuck to and fill most of my free hours playing it regardless at home, during office breaks, or even at Cyber Cafes. Never had I apply such effort to other games....

What have made ToS so firmly decided on the banning me with the judgement that I cheat got me dumb struck. It not only breaks me emotionally, but also I am disappointed to how ToS investigates and decides on who get ban and who is not. According to my buddies that are still playing the game... YES! THOSE OBVIOUS HACKERS ARE STILL RANKING UNTIL TODAY! What are you doing ToS???

*need more depression pills just writing this reply. Ergh!

Message 3 of 12 (1,722 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The biggest weakness in EA is their ToS team. If only they know how to do their job we all would be better off....hackers running free, innocent players getting banned for whatever reasons they feel like. It is so simple to jump into ANY rank games and you'll be able to spot hackers! But those hackers are running free... free to promote their hacks and free to ruin our games. ToS is playing a big part to contribute in assisting hackers and deterring legit players to stay on. Well done ToS ...NOT!

Message 4 of 12 (1,668 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah I recently got a 7-day ban for "Extreme Violence" with no chatlog to show what I had said (I've barely talked in chat during this season)

Wasting money on a product that you can lose without any good reason seems pretty stupid, therefore I'm going to stick with the f2p experience even if I did want some of the skins. Why bother if they might ban me in the future for nothing?

Message 5 of 12 (1,647 Views)

★ Pro
@tiananmen5quare dude could have been recording you.
Message 6 of 12 (1,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Huntinwabits  Hey bud, I get you don't like cheaters, not many do. However theres's no point attacking people on the forum in these kinds of topics. If he's guilty and lying well then he's got his ban and that's the end of it.

If he hasn't been cheating then he's coming here with a genuine concern, it's a little unfair to be branding him a cheater without any facts to back it up no?

@PUFFYDATOR  Theres's literally nothing that can be done for you at this end unfortunately as Answers HQ isn't a part of the ToS team,if you've filed an appeal already then that's about all you can do i'm afraid.

Sorry bud.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 12 (1,580 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm not an expert in the field of permabans or ToS, but as far as I'm aware, people aren't really able to get banned without some sort of compelling evidence to support their case. Maybe it does or doesn't work that way in reality, I don't know. Maybe human error is still a possibility, or maybe it's stonewall accurate due to data, coding, analyses and science. Again, I don't know.

What I DO know, is that I cannot play one single game of Apex without coming across a macro user of some sort, as I keep preaching about - and all of these people also spend a lot of money on skins and heirlooms etc, either to appeal to fans of streaming, or because they're heavily confident in facing no repercussions because let's face it, reporting players is non-existent and they're getting away with murder.

It's rampant, it's ruined the game, it's omnipresent, it's encouraged, it's mocked and abused, and frankly, it's about damn time things are being done about it.

If you're guilty of course. If not, good luck with your appeal. 

Message 8 of 12 (1,519 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I could not have agreed with you more on this. It has been too frequent that the majority of games  played that we stumble across some @!#% with Godlike aim and * movement. 

What I love about Apex Legends is the fights where good aim and movement plays such an important element to win fights.

Anyway, the whole purpose of this post is that ToS is not doing their part to deter hackers from playing this game.... and there are just too many innocent players being banned for something that maybe flawed in their system to detect hackers. I am unfortunately one of those players who got wrongfully  banned by them. I dont use macros, hacks, exploits, bugs, glitches ...or whatever it is to be at an advantage. I just play legit from Season 1 until now. 

If there is some form of a reason or proof that I they noticed I was cheating then it would do me a great favor to inform me so I can get to the bottom of it. If they keep banning legit clean players that wanted to give a good fight to climb the ranks....all they are gonna be left are hackers vs hackers in the end.

Message 9 of 12 (1,485 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Huntinwabits 

Welcome to REALITY wise-guy! You know * about the subject and yet you insult people you don't know * about!

Apex has SERIOUS issues with their servers, ToS and sooner or later they will have issues with the whole gaming community!

I could never imaging I would be one of those, but on Sunday my account was banned for no freaking reason. I have never used cheats or macros or any exploits - but now my account is banned!

For quite some time I have noticed the connection issues were becoming more and more. And the 5th season update killed it all!! Every 2nd match there are mates that suddenly disconnect and also for me that was the case occasionally. Most of the time I played Frankfurt servers, but as I read in forums they suck. So I tried Belgium which did work a bit better, but finally...  finally I found my account is banned. Thank you very much!

The sad fact with the ban was, that even my 2nd account got banned after trying to play on it. And also a complete fresh new account was banned after few minutes! I checked ever corner of my freaking PC for viruses or any exploits. And finally I had the idea to play on yet another fresh account via VPN. Voila! No ban - but a horrible ping! But still almost every 3rd or latest 5th match there are teammates who would disconnect, reconnect again and so on, and so on...

I am not an expert, but for me there is a clear evidence EA needs to fix the servers and seriously rethink how they can deal the situation! It is almost a week I got banned, but my case is still "in process.." without any further explanations! And as I read the numerous forums with keyword BANNED, my hopes are dwindling for my account to get unbanned! But there are still cheaters in the game. GR8 work EA and Respawn!

Message 10 of 12 (1,456 Views)