WEEKLY MISSION "Grin Reaper" has been disabled.

by Dedzigs

Original Post

Re: WEEKLY MISSION "Grin Reaper" has been disabled.

★★★★★ Expert
@CloverDeuce people got hurt in their feels and of course in this day and age if someone can connect anything to something that upsets them, that thing must be destroyed
Message 21 of 47 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@CloverDeuceIt's not about "offense" or "snowflakes", but about kinda basic human decency.

Which seems in depressingly short supply. Does removing this cosmetic this week impact anything IRL? No, not really. Does it impact anything with the game? Also no, not really. But it's a simple move that shows an awareness of the world around DICE, and us.

Your crowd are louder and more obnoxious than the "ess jay dubs" y'all can't shut the hell up about. Why are you so triggered?

Message 22 of 47 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@edgecrusherO0 it was a completely pointless virtue signal that will have zero impact on what is going on in the world. i spent my youth in the middle east on aircraft carriers. i didn't give two * what people were playing at home or what the cosmetics in the games were
Message 23 of 47 (359 Views)

★★★ Pro
@edgecrusherO0 Because i seriously doubt that anyone in the Ukraine, or any other European country that may be involved in this conflict actually cares. They have real issues to deal with. It is never the people involved being offended. It is some 'community' that is pointing out that it offensive. And the fact that a vehicle skin in a video game is somehow related to human decency because the country for that skin in the video game has declared war on another country in real life is ridiculous. If that was the case we should all have been demonstrating against Wolfenstein. Because those * were evil. How dare we glorify them by putting them in a game. Where is the humanity?
btw: no clue what "ess jay dubs" is. Is that like 'bee dubs'? because i like my wings....
Message 24 of 47 (352 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CloverDeuce don't know why n.a.z.i.s was excluded from my reply. but goes to prove my point on being too PC
Message 25 of 47 (347 Views)

★★ Expert
@Psubond "virtue signal"

Good lord y'all are annoying with this *. "Virtue signaling" is an absolutely empty term.
Message 26 of 47 (345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@CloverDeuceWho gives a crap if they care? I mean, DICE is a bit of a shitshow but do you honestly think anyone there thinks this has any impact on the conflict? Because like, no, they don't, that's absurd. It's just existing in a global society and having some awareness of whatt's going on within it. We're seeing an outpouring of support from Ukraine from gamedevs in general, and this kind of small move is very in-line with that.

Edit: And Wolfenstein did have protests...from "gamers" who thought it was political and promoting "political violence"...against N*zi's. Nobody else cared because killing N*zi's in gaming is great and fantastic and always morally right and a good time.

Message 27 of 47 (342 Views)

★★★ Pro
@edgecrusherO0 Virtue signaling is the act of speaking or behaving in a way that’s meant to demonstrate one’s good moral values. For example, if a person widely proclaims on social media that they strongly support a certain cause, just because they want to show others how caring they are, that person is virtue signaling.
Message 28 of 47 (341 Views)

★★ Expert
@CloverDeuce I'm aware of that, most people simply call that "Being a decent person", but a part of the internet has decided to demonize decency as a bad thing, while ignoring their own sides "virtue signaling" as an actually good thing.

Do some people do it for social media clout/attention? Sure. But that's a "them" problem, not a problem with being a decent human being.
Message 29 of 47 (334 Views)

★★★★ Novice

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I'm looking more n more like a * for sticking with and defending this game to all the haters.....jones'ng for new content but they seem to taking it away, although it's nearly impossible to matchmaker into servers anyway  -   EXPLETIVE! EXPLETIVE!!!*

Message 30 of 47 (270 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help