Vote to make Solo permanent ?

by asukojo

Original Post

Re: Vote to make Solo permanent ?

★★★ Expert

So,

1. Thoughts 

Plus:

• It doesn't feel as crowded or unbalanced as I expected (may be because it's only a day old).
  • Matches are fairly short, while you can get more kills than in team mode and less toxicity from other players. 
  • If you land in the proper place, you have access to a lot of loot.

Minus:

• Although I've seen all kinds of legends used, Pathfinder is clearly the best choice, as the grapple hook gives the legend the possibility to evade vertically, to cover a lot of ground quickly and to easily reach places that other legends can't or have a hard time to access. Good thing there aren't many masters at using this legend. 
  • Starting from round 2, there's too much 3rd partying. If you can't keep the time to kill low, there is a very high chance of getting ambushed while healing / looting the deathbox. It's very risky to start a fight, you have way more chances to advance to the top / win if you hide and camp, jumping on already weakened enemies.
  • It's too much gambling if you land in a place with many others because who lands on a devotion / havoc / r99 can easily wipe out the neighbours but, If you land far from other players, the match becomes pretty boring. That is because you can gear up to purple fairly fast but then, by the time you reach a place with other players to put that high tier gear to work, most of the enemies are dusted and the survivors are camping.
  • This mode doesn't feel as dynamic and tactical as team mode, making it less fun and more boring, especially with the lack of the voice lines that legends in the same squad used.

2. Permanence:

• Sure, why not, but I'd favor other game modes to this one.

3. Improvements:

• It needs something to make it a bit less of a gamble, like restrictions to certain types of weapons per match or per round, more loot coming in mid-game,  maybe rings that would not be one inside the other, or no more loot in the central areas and a single ring with hich sting damage closing slowly but constantly one minute after dropping...
Message 11 of 24 (432 Views)

★★★ Guide

@AWOL_312 

like when a child is ready to cry and you just give him what he wants!

What I can'td is to play with people who hide, they ruin my game and it's something i hate since when i first started playing videogames because they just change the way how i play the game.

That's ironic.

Message 12 of 24 (431 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@jonesy0218 wrote:

I'll stand by my original statement that solos will not work in APEX. There are too many people dropping, not enough loot to defend yourself, and 40 people eliminated in the first circle. Ridiculous. No wonder people camp. It's the best way to get these challenges. I won't play solos unless they take away the abilities, limit the amount of each legend per match, put another 2-3 good locations on the map, or fix the loot pool. 

How is there not enough loot? It's more of a problem that the map is too big for only 60 people dropping... You can also learn what areas is mostly * loot.

Message 13 of 24 (423 Views)

[ Edited ]

As an event it's ok, but not as permanent thing like ranked.

My KD/R went up when I solo using Caustic auto bunker, so fun killing nubs who think bunker is safe drop, or lure enemy into my nest by random shooting

So whenever my KD/R go down because of nubs I just go solo to bunker and farm some kills xD,

I think this is a good practice for nub, without making other player raging, but the best practice is still co-op / pve mode for nub.

so far this is better than stupid elite, but I don't consider elite or solo as real content, please release co-op / pve mode faster.

Do like:

1. Easy farm kill
  2. Bunker drop with caustic is more fun on solo.
  3. Almost 0 self raging because of nub teammate
  4. good practice for nub without pissing of teammate.

Don't like:

1. Too quiet as in there's no teammate.
  2. No team play, it gets boring really quick.
  3. If your opponent is a lagger, you probably gonna lose because no one is backing you up.
  4. My blood pressure is not too high because of less raging.

Don't make it permanent like ranked, make it a 72hrs biweekly event (starts on Tuesday or when weekly challenge reset preferably),

so it can alternate the other week with other event like co-op / pve event.

Improvement: I dunno maybe, kill cam? Who cares...

For now we need to focus on normal queue improvement not solo, solo is not even a real content smh

1. Ban hacker,
  2. Can post a "Looking For Teammate / Group" ad on your friends list.
  3. Co-op / PvE Mode event.
  4. Get better server.
  5. Affordable price for new legendary skin update.
  6. Better matchmaking algorithm,
  7. Fix bugs,
  8. Fix code leaf.
Message 14 of 24 (399 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Vladplaya wrote:

@AWOL_312 

like when a child is ready to cry and you just give him what he wants!

What I can'td is to play with people who hide, they ruin my game and it's something i hate since when i first started playing videogames because they just change the way how i play the game.

That's ironic.

Well, thanks for the feedback. 

At least try to make a point, please! 

Message 15 of 24 (373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

there are pros and * I gotta say.

pros:

-hopefully it will get rid of soloist in squad mode

-good place to practice gameplay/characters 

*:

-playerbase will get split 

-even further split if theres a ranked single player mode

overall i think its better to endure the few games of soloist a day then to allow single player mode and remember that game can't be balanced around solo-play.

Message 16 of 24 (364 Views)

★★★ Expert

Got my vote +1

Message 17 of 24 (338 Views)

★★ Expert

+1

Heart

Message 18 of 24 (333 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

+1 yes please 

(my comments in another post below)

I like it a lot.  Fights are a lot different then team play.  If your opponent get you low, your going to get pushed up on.  Fights close from medium distance to close distance very quickly.  In team play people are more cautious to push you if low because your mates can hold them at medium range as you heal up.  Or they are not sure where your team is and won’t risk pushing you without there team.  That’s another thing I realized, you don’t need as much health packs, shield cells or ammo...fights are much faster 1v1 and without the team you use a lot less.  I also like not having to be responsible for others...I can play as I wish and if I mess up it’s not a big deal to me...that beats some punk, who’s been silent the whole game, screaming profanities in my ear when things go south.  All that being said, solos made me appreciate team play more.  I thought solos would be my go to during the event and I’m actually enjoying both modes.  Depends on what game style I’m in the mood for.  I hope they make solos permanent.  I would also like to see duos and a limited time five man team mode would be kick *!  IMHO solos adds to the game and doesn’t take away from the team play mode, they both bring something different to the game.  

Message 19 of 24 (323 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the post, @asukojo! There's some really great feedback so far in this discussion, keep it coming! 

Blueberry.png
Message 20 of 24 (299 Views)