Vote on Resetting the Leader Boards

by pandareno1999

Original Post

Re: Vote on Resetting the Leader Boards

Here's the main reason I'm concerned about it.  I have friends who have records.  For example, I play frequently with a woman who is #2 on PS4 for quests, and has been for a really, really long time.  She's grinding really hard every 1.5 days or whatever it is to get to #1.  Is her progress, ground for with blood, sweat, and tears, going to be erased??

Message 11 of 17 (533 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm top 3 on PC for quests as well so while it will stink to lose that position, I'm ok with it overall. It's mostly the exploited crazy targets that are the problem here but wiping it all isn't that big of a deal. I can't even remember the last time I checked on infinity time records for example.

Message 12 of 17 (509 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hmmm... I’m just spitballing here, but what if the reason to reset the leaderboards isn’t because of the hacks or glitches used.  What other reason might they have to do that?  Are they looking at GW2 as a new game to right some of the wrongs ?  A lot of speculation here I know.  

Message 13 of 17 (501 Views)

★★★ Guide
The restart is probably an onset of changes that might begin soon. It would make sense since it would enable Popcap more easily to figure out who actually is daily grinding vs those who performed the challenges once and are done for good (or cheat). A question I have is how will this play out if they don't get the results that they are looking for?
Message 14 of 17 (489 Views)

★ Guide

Are you talking about the multiplayer vanquish count leaderboards where I broke the world record at launch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S0PcTsiaoA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4V-o-8Th0

Those videos DO NOT contain any inappropriate or adult language, and are E rated (for everyone)...

Would that literally remove a players stats, kill count, kill/death ratio? I think that could be silly... But it doesn't matter. It seems like they are doing stuff to break their game or something.

Message 15 of 17 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]

It is absolutely unclear what it is they are proposing to do.  That's what my problem is with it.  People were voting without knowing that they were voting for.

Message 16 of 17 (476 Views)

★ Guide

The devs just want to wipe my stats...

Message 17 of 17 (462 Views)